The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

#1 Draft Pick!

2 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

This thing is rigged sorry but Rangers and Hawks, of course they would get bubbled up

2 of my 4 favorites (NYR/CHI/LAK/DET), what a surprise....

Edited by Spike1981

This was pretty much a great outcome for the Ducks. It could have been better if Chicago didn’t get so high, but the top 2 are going East and the Kings fell all the way to 5th. We only dropped one spot and 8-9 is whatever. 

Pretty good day. 

LOL KINGS 

• Like 3

Jack looked thrilled there when NJ was awarded the top pick.

Oh and.......suck it Kings!

I don't like Chicago getting #3...but I REALLY like the Kings getting bumped the maximum of 3 spots!

Wish we were higher...obviously...but...SUPER happy Colorado, too, got bumped the maximum of 3 spots...

Looks like we're predicted to get Trevor Zegras...anyone know anything about him?

Ducks boned themselves by winning all of a sudden when they were HIGHLY unlikely  to get into the PO.... meaningless games. 

No POs and just a 9th pick on a very frustrating year. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, Jasoaks said:

I don't like Chicago getting #3...but I REALLY like the Kings getting bumped the maximum of 3 spots!

Wish we were higher...obviously...but...SUPER happy Colorado, too, got bumped the maximum of 3 spots...

Looks like we're predicted to get Trevor Zegras...anyone know anything about him?

I wouldn't go by the pundits predictions. Bob is Bob and works in mysterious ways.

• Haha 1

Huh Chicago and NYR end up in the top 3. Shocking.
Anyone else think it strange that we never get to see the actual selection process?

Oh yeah....almost forgot...suck it Kings!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

we dropped from 3 to 9 in the last 2 month....

We would have ended up getting kicked back in this draft so it didn’t end up mattering all that much. Got to take the positives after these results. 

2 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Anyone else think it strange that we never get to see the actual selection process? 

I expected CHI/NYR in top 3 and COL out.... this is not a lottery, its a wish list from Bettman and company...

Edited by Spike1981
  • Like 3

Regardless of what we think, it's going to be what it's going to be.  That kid Hughes looks pretty small to me.  He was shorter than everyone who interviewed him.  I know height doesn't make a player but how will he fare against Giordano's knee?  You have to ask that question...

I like that the ducks tried really hard at the end of the season - I think that was the right move.  Picking the right player is key.  #9 is the highest energy number on the board so that is a good sign...

Go Ducks.

2 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

That sucked but...

LOL KONGS!

Didn't suck at all.
Kings dropping 3 spots after an obvious tank job was better than a box of salted caramels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mulcher said:

#9 another Ritchie

... or a Logan Couture, Dion Phanuef, Dougie Hamilton... or Ladislav Smid :ph34r:

Yep Chicago and Rangers two big 

Just now, wataduk said:

Slimy how Chicago and Rangers two of the biggest draws in tv ratings get into the top 3

1 minute ago, Spencer_12 said:

We would have ended up getting kicked back in this draft so it didn’t end up mattering all that much. Got to take the positives after these results. 

This is true. But dropping from 3rd to 6th still would get us a very good player. I was hoping for Hughes, Kakko, Dach, or Cozens from what I've seen/read. Top 6 would have gotten us that. But we'll see what happens! Maybe some of these players will have a bad game before the draft and drop some spots :) 

Just now, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Not really, he drafts two-way Swedes or Swedish defenseman lol

Speaking of that, the second ranked defenseman is Swedish so......

• Like 1