The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

#1 Draft Pick!

20 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

With the Sharks (101pts) losing in the WCF and the Canes (99pts) losing the ECF, I guess the Ducks get the 29th pick.

With that our Ducks should Pick either CNikita Alexandrov or  D Anttoni Honka.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, Joker8 said:

I would love to see the Ducks pick up Philip Broberg with their first pick and Rapha Lavoie with the second.

twin towers that can develop in the next two years 

Rapha Lavole ranked #14 by both Hockey News and International Scouting. Philip Broberg ranked #21 and #22 respectively. Would assume that would be the draft order if the Ducks were to take both players.

2 hours ago, dukitup said:

Rapha Lavole ranked #14 by both Hockey News and International Scouting. Philip Broberg ranked #21 and #22 respectively. Would assume that would be the draft order if the Ducks were to take both players.

IF Ducks take Raph it marks another symbolic linke Between Ducks and Halifax where I grew up in.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, dukitup said:

with all due respect just an example: in 1998, we took Vish with the 5th overall and scouting placed him there.  Datsyuk was taken 171st overall which player would you like to have on your team looking back? central scouting based on opinion only. 

3 hours ago, Joker8 said:

with all due respect just an example: in 1998, we took Vish with the 5th overall and scouting placed him there.  Datsyuk was taken 171st overall which player would you like to have on your team looking back? central scouting based on opinion only. 

Lol, how many players picked in the 6th and 7th rounds become Hall of Famers? Only 30% of players picked in the third round even become NHL regulars. In the rounds beyond that it gets even less likely your pick becomes an NHL player.

Broberg could drop but I think it's unlikely the Ducks take another defenseman. The team needs a future centerman and there will likely be a few guys to choose from around the 9th pick that have that potential.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Joker8 said:

I guess you misunderstood my post. While it's probable Broberg will be available with the #9 pick, it's highly doubtful Lavole will be available at #29. I simply reversed the order of the suggested player draft based upon their current rankings. Had you suggested their draft order as such, no comment would have been made in the first place.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 12:26 PM, dukitup said:

I guess you misunderstood my post. While it's probable Broberg will be available with the #9 pick, it's highly doubtful Lavole will be available at #29. I simply reversed the order of the suggested player draft based upon their current rankings. Had you suggested their draft order as such, no comment would have been made in the first place.

If Lavoie is available at 29. I would be a Happy man due in part I have watch him play.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

16 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

You got any more of them Finnish players? Hope we can draft one or two of them.

That would be cool would not mind Ducks Drafting a Finnish Player.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:15 PM, MooseDuck said:

That would be cool would not mind Ducks Drafting a Finnish Player.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Talking about a Finnish player. We have done it before the same dancing partner Teemu is like a gift that keeps giving. 

We have two first rounders this draft with few tweaks I will happily trade them for Patrik Laine Rumors has it they are looking to trade him. 

30 goal scorer, not at his prime yet We can do some Damage with him on a line with Gtzey. the Pacific division is not getting any easier to rack points.

1 hour ago, Joker8 said:

Talking about a Finnish player. We have done it before the same dancing partner Teemu is like a gift that keeps giving. 

We have two first rounders this draft with few tweaks I will happily trade them for Patrik Laine Rumors has it they are looking to trade him. 

30 goal scorer, not at his prime yet We can do some Damage with him on a line with Gtzey. the Pacific division is not getting any easier to rack points.

That would be HUGE Win for the Ducks...Plus give BM some breathing room.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, Joker8 said:

Laine is an RFA so we would still need to sign him. Honestly I think he's probably looking for a big contract that he doesn't deserve. He only had 50 points last year on a good team.

6 hours ago, Joker8 said:

Why the hell would Winnipeg trade Laine? How many guys pot 110 goals at the NHL level before their 21st birthday? Cheveldayoff isn't stupid.

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Why the hell would Winnipeg trade Laine? How many guys pot 110 goals at the NHL level before their 21st birthday? Cheveldayoff isn't stupid.

Don't know but anything can happen.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

if Gretzky can be traded anyone can be traded. Winnipeg needs to sign 3 players with big contracts something has to give. 

I did not make it up read it for yourself. I said: we will need tweaking but can happen for a guy who scored 30+ goals and they said he is in a slump that is a good problem to have duck's top scorer last season I believe 19 or maybe 20? that is Why. give him a heavy ended contract after 2 years when twins are gone. that is how  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joker8 said:

if Gretzky can be traded anyone can be traded. Winnipeg needs to sign 3 players with big contracts something has to give. 

I did not make it up read it for yourself. I said: we will need tweaking but can happen for a guy who scored 30+ goals and they said he is in a slump that is a good problem to have duck's top scorer last season I believe 19 or maybe 20? that is Why. give him a heavy ended contract after 2 years when twins are gone. that is how  

Seems like you forgot WHO is our GM.

19 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Seems like you forgot WHO is our GM.

And why he is abit timid and passive sometimes.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Peyton Krebs suffered a torn achilles and is out indefinitely. Takes him out of play at #9 but maybe he falls far enough to where the Ducks can take him late in the first or early 2nd.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 12:22 PM, Joker8 said:

Getting Patrick Lain would be HUGE MOVE.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 6/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, MooseDuck said:

Getting Patrick Lain would be HUGE MOVE.

DuckPride 4ever 

MooseDuck

he already wants more money... it would be interesting what Jets want to give him and what he wants....

5 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

he already wants more money... it would be interesting what Jets want to give him and what he wants....

Perhaps a Ransom to get him to stay in Winnipeg.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 minutes ago, Thom-74 said:

Im guessing Eakins won't have input on the draft picks.

GMBM doesn't even let his head coach pick his own assistants. Why would he let the coach have any input on players?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

GMBM doesn't even let his head coach pick his own assistants. Why would he let the coach have any input on players?

Hmmm I’m not so sure I’m a fan of not letting your coach pick his assistants. Seems like an incompatibility issue waiting to ignite. It’s the coach’s system that the other 2 assistants should be revolving around. It’s the coach who should be the commander and chief in back of the bench and this is counter to that. The coach should have the ability to asses and hire/fire whomever he deems an incompatible person. This doesn't sound like a successful model. 

44 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

15 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Hmmm I’m not so sure I’m a fan of not letting your coach pick his assistants. Seems like an incompatibility issue waiting to ignite. It’s the coach’s system that the other 2 assistants should be revolving around. It’s the coach who should be the commander and chief in back of the bench and this is counter to that. The coach should have the ability to asses and hire/fire whomever he deems an incompatible person. This doesn't sound like a successful model. 

Aren't the current assistants from the Gulls anyway? I mean, sure, you should let your head coach have some say on the assistants...but at least right now it's the guys Eakins was with the previous year (as opposed to last year...obviously lol)

24 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Aren't the current assistants from the Gulls anyway? I mean, sure, you should let your head coach have some say on the assistants...but at least right now it's the guys Eakins was with the previous year (as opposed to last year...obviously lol)

Wilford, yes. Morrison and Preston, no. Wilford also preceded Eakins as an assistant with the Ducks AHL affiliate, so he wasn't an Eakins hire. Wilford goes back to the Syracuse days I believe.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

More likely the Ducks would sign Patrik Carnback before Patrick Lain.

I know they have to go back in time to get him 25 years ago.....Anyways I will be making my final list of who the Ducks will draft.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck