The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
nieder

CARLYLE IS OUT

Murray to take over as coach for remainder of the season.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 6

Never like it when the GM takes over.  Means he has no plans and is just reacting.  Saw it in Atlanta twice with Waddell taking over.

My first thought is that this is too little, too late. Why fire him now and not after losing 12 in a row? Maybe BM finally got some pressure from ownership to get off his behind. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nieder said:

My first thought is that this is too little, too late. Why fire him now and not after losing 12 in a row? Maybe BM finally got some pressure from ownership to get off his behind. 

Yeah...that's my....*counts* 12th thought now on this lol...it's crazy. I'm overstimulated. But I'm calming down...so I am very curious to see players/RC/Bob's thoughts on this...

Not sure how I feel about Murray stepping in? I imagine he wants to get s ground look at the players and what’s going on, but 

DING DONG THE WITCH HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF THEIR DUTIES!!

1 minute ago, mulcher said:

This might actually put some bums on seats for Wednesday's game .

I have to think that this is what did it. Season seat renewals had just gone out. I’m betting the team was getting a ton of people saying they are planning on cancelling due to apparent indifference by the front office. Murray had to do something to make sure the building isn’t half empty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Bob can now control where the team finishes for the draft.

Yeah, but my guess is...he doesn't want to finish in the top 4...he doesn't make this move NOW if he's looking for a high draft pick. Well, that's not necessarily true. He could be worried about players forming bad habits in this losing trend.

Edit: or, as nieder just said...it's season ticket holders based...which...come to think of it...the timing makes perfect sense for that lol

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, nieder said:

This gives BM the opportunity to prove his roster works....or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nieder said:

I have to think that this is what did it. Season seat renewals had just gone out. I’m betting the team was getting a ton of people saying they are planning on cancelling due to apparent indifference by the front office. Murray had to do something to make sure the building isn’t half empty. 

Not as conspiracy theory, but he probably was waiting until we got home and had some days in between games. Should’ve been done a long time ago 

• Like 1

This is interesting and something I somehow missed. A little light as to the problems with the coaching.

Not surprised Bob Murray fired Randy Carlyle with the way the Ducks were playing. Not surprised Murray is taking over as interim coach. I'm sure he wants to see what is happening firsthand and there isn't an assistant on the staff with NHL or AHL head coaching experience.

• Like 1

LOL.

Obviously RC had to go, but i did not predict BM, himself, being the guy behind the bench. I honestly have no idea how to react.

15 minutes ago, mulcher said:

This might actually put some bums on seats for Wednesday's game .

Why?  To watch Murray coach?  He's the imbecile that thoroughly destroyed this team over the last several months.

Edited by WolfgangDuck
  • Like 1

Makes sense to let Eakins finish the year in the AHL with the hopes of winning the AHL cup. Gives him more time to develop the kids and make a smooth transition to the big club next season. Now we need BM to end the season poorly so he gets canned in the off-season and all the stars will align. 

• Like 8

Pretty amazing happenings. I don’t expect much to change. Will be interesting if things do change. 

2 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Makes sense to let Eakins finish the year in the AHL with the hopes of winning the AHL cup. Gives him more time to develop the kids and make a smooth transition to the big club next season. Now we need BM to end the season poorly so he gets canned in the off-season and all the stars will align. 

Or we at least get a high draft pick - If we're gonna lose, we might as well lose well!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, but my guess is...he doesn't want to finish in the top 4...he doesn't make this move NOW if he's looking for a high draft pick. Well, that's not necessarily true. He could be worried about players forming bad habits in this losing trend.

Edit: or, as nieder just said...it's season ticket holders based...which...come to think of it...the timing makes perfect sense for that lol

Exactly he can control who goes on the ice or sits in certain situations it gives him control to either win or lose a game that might count on where they finish .

As I said it might put bums on seats on Wednesday.

As far as I can find information wise, Murray has absolutely no coaching experience at all. Yeah, I guess he thinks his presence behind the bench is going to motivate this group. What a season. An inept GM fires an inept coach and then takes over the reigns. Murray has nobody to blame but himself from now on. No more hiding in the shadows for him.

• Like 4