The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
nieder

CARLYLE IS OUT

9 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Makes sense to let Eakins finish the year in the AHL with the hopes of winning the AHL cup. Gives him more time to develop the kids and make a smooth transition to the big club next season. Now we need BM to end the season poorly so he gets canned in the off-season and all the stars will align. 

If the plan is to hire Eakins I hope Murray is canned before he can make that hire. I don’t see how he would be an improvement over Carlyle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

If the plan is to hire Eakins I hope Murray is canned before he can make that hire. I don’t see how he would be an improvement over Carlyle. 

Agreed. Although, if the Gulls win it all...that does give Eakins some pull...but i've always been nervous about Eakins becoming our new HC

35 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

knee jerk reaction...but wow. Murray as coach?! That will be interesting...

LOL....  How is any world is this a knee jerk reaction?     Three long losing streaks and finally....

• Like 1

Just now, JiggyToTheCup said:

LOL....  How is any world is this a knee jerk reaction?     Three long losing streaks and finally....

Oh haha I meant...MY reaction was a knee-jerk reaction. My post that just shouted to the heavens that it finally happened!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nieder said:

Well...if Eakins can keep his team in a game by the end of the 1st period, or BM for that matter, then they are already an improvement over RC.

Every single game we played on this road trip was over by the 1st period...I would have taken Wild Wing as coach at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Eakins will be the cheapest option. With the expiring contracts I doubt the owners allow BM or even his successor to over pay for a coach such as coach Q. Eakins will be given the opportunity over the course of the next 2-3 years. He will have the upper hand over any other available coaches because he is potentially already coaching half of the future Ducks and is having tremendous success.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Well...if Eakins can keep his team in a game by the end of the 1st period, or BM for that matter, then they are already an improvement over RC.

Every single game we played on this road trip was over by the 1st period...I would have taken Wild Wing as coach at this point.

Wild Wing as coach what's wrong with the 80 year old lady that makes tea at the snack bar.

Edited by mulcher
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Not sure how I feel about Murray stepping in? I imagine he wants to get s ground look at the players and what’s going on, but 

DING DONG THE WITCH HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF THEIR DUTIES!!

That's my first impression, BM will be at the bench, and get a better feel for which players care,  and which should be shipped, dropped, etc.

I am curious about how good of a coach he'll be.

19 minutes ago, Jiggy2win said:

Coach queinville next year?

I'd prefer to find someone who is new to being an nhl head coach.  A Babcock, Boudreau, etc. who has had success and creativity as either a minor league coach or an assistant coach. A proven nhl coach would be fine, but a new face would be a good way to turn the page, so to speak, for our next core of players.

Tldr: I'd like a breath of fresh air more than a proven head coach.

Just now, Thom-74 said:

That's my first impression, BM will be at the bench, and get a better feel for which players care,  and which should be shipped, dropped, etc.

I am curious about how good of a coach he'll be.

Ownership finally told him to fire Carlyle, Murray had assured them so many times it wasn't the coach. So they said fine go fix this team that you put together and prove you put capable roster together. If you can't, we'll revaluate your abilities to run this team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, semipro-1 said:

I believe we’ll see a substantial effort change from here on in. We’re struggling in net but my feeling is we’ll end on a possitive  note.

How? BM is not a coach, never coached a game in his life...how is he going to have success at the NHL level? This is not going to get any better anytime soon.

1 hour ago, DT2008 said:

Never like it when the GM takes over.  Means he has no plans and is just reacting.  Saw it in Atlanta twice with Waddell taking over.

It just kinda confirms that Dallas Eakins will be the coach next year. And since Eakins is having a great year with the Gulls right now then Bob isn’t going to pull him at the moment. 

As far as the move itself, it might also continue to support my (and Bombay’s) theory that Bob actually wants to tank this season for a top pick and now has full control to ensure that happens. So expect more losing which is good :)

• Like 3

I kind of want to go watch the Ducks practice and see what kind of drills BM runs. Probably behind the bench with a glass of whisky in hand teaching the boys how to goon it up.

• Like 6

BM taking over as Coach might be a VERY VERY good thing. If the  team continues to fail, and the rubber hits the road, BM might be looking for another job. Kill 2 birds with one stone. If on the other hand the team starts playing a better brand of hockey, the question will have been answered - it was RC's fault. IMHO This will also be a test of Team Leadership - can Getz and the A's be able to spark the rest of the team ? We'll see !!

• Like 7

We need to keep losing so this is a brilliant move. We are so close to being a top 5 lottery draw, no use in looking back. it’s full steam to the bottom mateys! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Not as conspiracy theory, but he probably was waiting until we got home and had some days in between games. Should’ve been done a long time ago 

My guess he was waiting for the team to get home so he could talk with some of the players as he did the first time he fired Randy. He called in Getz, Perry, and Selanne (the ones I remember) before he made an announcement. My guess; he wanted to hear what Getz, Kesler, Perry had to say. 

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I have to think that this is what did it. Season seat renewals had just gone out. I’m betting the team was getting a ton of people saying they are planning on cancelling due to apparent indifference by the front office. Murray had to do something to make sure the building isn’t half empty. 

TBH, firing Carlyle does not change how I feel about what’s going on.  The team getting blown out repeatedly reflects on the players effort, not Carlyle’s. They quit on him last time too.   Apparent indifference is a consistent theme......Ask Cogs.

Edited by Fowl
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Eakins will be the cheapest option. With the expiring contracts I doubt the owners allow BM or even his successor to over pay for a coach such as coach Q. Eakins will be given the opportunity over the course of the next 2-3 years. He will have the upper hand over any other available coaches because he is potentially already coaching half of the future Ducks and is having tremendous success.

Eakins was a good coach with the Leafs farm team Marlies too.He can't seem to transfer being good with kids on a farm team into being a good NHL coach.

12 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

I kind of want to go watch the Ducks practice and see what kind of drills BM runs. Probably behind the bench with a glass of whisky in hand teaching the boys how to goon it up.

And a chair to throw.

Murray will add the coaching duties to his job description two weeks before the Feb. 25 trade deadline. It’s believed he made the move behind the bench in order to better evaluate the current roster and get a better feeling for the dressing room leading up to the deadline, and for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, mulcher said:

Eakins was a good coach with the Leafs farm team Marlies too.He can't seem to transfer being good with kids on a farm team into being a good NHL coach.

I think Eakins is a logical next choice who has earned the opportunity.  Murray is actually being very fair not to inject Eakins into this mess for the remaining schedule.  That is actually a wise thing.  I hope Murray gets a clue of who needs to be moved out.

2 minutes ago, mulcher said:

But we can’t hold being a failed HC of Oilers against him. I think that was only nhl coaching tour to date. 

1 minute ago, Fowl said:

I think Eakins is a logical next choice who has earned the opportunity.  Murray is actually being very fair not to inject Eakins into this mess for the remaining schedule.  That is actually a wise thing.  I hope Murray gets a clue of who needs to be moved out.

He better be VERY careful here. There is no need to move out quality players if we can use them next year. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

We need to keep losing so this is a brilliant move. We are so close to being a top 5 lottery draw, no use in looking back. it’s full steam to the bottom mateys! 

We are #4 right now for the lottery.

• Like 2