Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retire9

Gibson trade?

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

The projected #1 pick for next years draft is better than Hughes so if there was a hypothetical trade, maybe next year would be a better time. No way I would trade Gibby though.

Aside with Colorado need a legit starting goaltender and being on the rise, I think that the main reason this thread even came up was because of the insanely unique situation of them lucking the eff out with their Ottawa pick. They stumbled upon a golden ticket. Without that pick, then there’s no reason to entertain a trade like this. Not sure we’ll see something like it happen again. 

But like most have said in this thread, there is no chance that a trade like this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ducks07 said:

First of all theres no guarantee the Avs get the #1 pick. If they did land the #1 than instead of Gibson, I would try to offer a package such as Boyle, Slivferberg, and our 2nd round pick for the #1 overall. Not sure the Avs. would consider trading it anyways because they are a one line team and landing Hughes would give them a great one two punch down the middle. I feel Gibsons contract is perfect in value and length for the Ducks to build upon...Boyle is a great prospect and should be Gibsons backup starting next season, just not sure we would be able to afford him 2- 3 years from now and that will be around the time our cup window should be open. So, I guess with Boyle we can either trade him now for a high draft pick or wait 2-3 years and trade him at the deadline for a high caliber f/d for when we are poised to make a strong cup run. 

Well itd be for the Ottowa pick and only if that pick was number one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

One partial game from Kevin Boyle and some are ready to trade Gibson???  You don't trade John Gibson.  It's not like we have Freddy with Gibson waiting in the wings.

Haha no, not because of Boyle. The game was if we land the #2 pick would you trade Gibson for the #1 and walk away with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retire9 said:

Well itd be for the Ottowa pick and only if that pick was number one

Im well aware the Avs own Ottawa's first round pick. There is still no guarantee Ott wins the draft lotto. Just put this idea to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

One partial game from Kevin Boyle and some are ready to trade Gibson???  You don't trade John Gibson.  It's not like we have Freddy with Gibson waiting in the wings.

thx, finally one who is right...

trading Gibson not make a sense, he's still young and can also take a rebuild around him... he can still play 10-15 years.

I would trade earlier Getzlaf then Gibson for this pick..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 9:42 PM, ducks07 said:

Im well aware the Avs own Ottawa's first round pick. There is still no guarantee Ott wins the draft lotto. Just put this idea to bed.

I have a feeling you're taking this all a bit to serious... yes I know it won't happen. Just a discussion of if people would do it. I got your answer so feel free to move one.

And again ONLY IF NUMBER ONE. Don't know how many times that needs to he pointed out. I am aware it's not a guarantee, why I said so many times only if it's #1 lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Aside with Colorado need a legit starting goaltender and being on the rise, I think that the main reason this thread even came up was because of the insanely unique situation of them lucking the eff out with their Ottawa pick. They stumbled upon a golden ticket. Without that pick, then there’s no reason to entertain a trade like this. Not sure we’ll see something like it happen again. 

But like most have said in this thread, there is no chance that a trade like this happens.

Haha thank you... This gotten taken way to serious lol. You'd think I was eklund or something lol. Just meant to spark a conversation during some down time.

 

Yes I am well aware that it won't happen... I'll just go back to my whole. Sorry I made a scary random scenario... Didn't mean to offend lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Retire9 said:

Haha thank you... This gotten taken way to serious lol. You'd think I was eklund or something lol. Just meant to spark a conversation during some down time.

 

Yes I am well aware that it won't happen... I'll just go back to my whole. Sorry I made a scary random scenario... Didn't mean to offend lol.

I liked the topic and the convo it started. Outside the box thinking to distract from actually watching the Ducks lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I liked the topic and the convo it started. Outside the box thinking to distract from actually watching the Ducks lol

Thanks, that's what I was going for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, ChopSuey said:

Zero trade value

Gibson? Laughable comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love thinking about stuff like this. What would it take to get Matthews out of Toronto? McDavid out of Edmonton? Laine out of Winnipeg?

The only reality to this hypothetical is if GIBSON requests a trade 'cause the team is so bad. But likely we'd be getting some young, already dazzling NHL ready skater, a very promising prospect, and first round picks the next 2 drafts.

Am I asking for too much? I dunno, maybe, but that's why I should be the GM, guys! Look at the haul I'd be asking for! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...