The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
nieder

Patrick Eaves on Waivers

On 2/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, PetrSykora said:

I'm trying to think of a player who produced so little after signing a big extension and nothing is immediately coming to mind. It's not his fault of course, you gotta feel for him. He's been through an inordinate amount of trash throughout his career. As good as he was playing beside Hulkzlaf for those few months, BM had to know signing an injury-prone winger in his 30s who has never put up those sort of numbers before was an enormous risk for a cash-strapped team with title aspirations. I just hope he stays healthy at this point. 

Cam Flower Power

Edited by ducks07
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, PetrSykora said:

I'm trying to think of a player who produced so little after signing a big extension and nothing is immediately coming to mind. It's not his fault of course, you gotta feel for him. He's been through an inordinate amount of trash throughout his career. As good as he was playing beside Hulkzlaf for those few months, BM had to know signing an injury-prone winger in his 30s who has never put up those sort of numbers before was an enormous risk for a cash-strapped team with title aspirations. I just hope he stays healthy at this point. 

Are we just pretending surfer brah Beleskey doesn't exist anymore?

[edit] Whoops. Missed the "extension". That changes things. Um... Rakell sucks?

Edited by poum

6 minutes ago, semipro-1 said:

He’s thortoned every playoff game since the cup..couldn’t care less, keeps looking at the clock, won’t go near the net..skates off without a care.

He has 71 points in 86 playoff games since the cup. That's pretty decent production for the playoffs.

1 minute ago, ducks07 said:

or Pancakes Penner

Pancakes had a few good years in Edmonton before he became Pancakes.

4 hours ago, ducks07 said:

Will never live up to 6.5M/yr

Yet there are teams that would gladly trade for him, so perhaps he is a good value.

And didn't ol' Pancakes win another couple of Stanley Cups with the Kings after he left?  Even the worst player on a Cup team, is usually pretty good, so I doubt the Kings would say he got overpaid.

11 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Yet there are teams that would gladly trade for him, so perhaps he is a good value.

And didn't ol' Pancakes win another couple of Stanley Cups with the Kings after he left?  Even the worst player on a Cup team, is usually pretty good, so I doubt the Kings would say he got overpaid.

I doubt that too...but the past is the past.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Trade him. This money could be use for offence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Burns at 8M/yr, now that a great deal. I don't see how Cam makes just 1.5M south of that with a LTC it boggles the mind. Just a horrible contract to pay for years to come.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, ducks07 said:

Burns at 8M/yr, now that a great deal. I don't see how Cam makes just 1.5M south of that with a LTC it boggles the mind. Just a horrible contract to pay for years to come.  

We will see......right now interested to see how Eaves will contribute to the Gulls right now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Eaves got an assist tonight but he definitely isn't tearing it up. Honestly, he looks like he's fitting in in the AHL which really isn't good. I hope he can get his game back.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 0:43 PM, ducks07 said:

Because the contract was signed a year later and was signed as a 26 year old instead of Burns signing at 31 for 8 years!  Not very boggling at all.  

Eaves has had a tough time but when you give an extension to an older player it comes with risks.

As for Fowler what do you do that is 28 next season on a long expensive contract that runs until he is 34, with a silly can only be traded to a few select clubs deal thrown in. What were you thinking Bob.

He is a luxury player that would find a spot on a top teams PP the Ducks are not a top team.

41 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Eaves has had a tough time but when you give an extension to an older player it comes with risks.

As for Fowler what do you do that is 28 next season on a long expensive contract that runs until he is 34, with a silly can only be traded to a few select clubs deal thrown in. What were you thinking Bob.

He is a luxury player that would find a spot on a top teams PP the Ducks are not a top team.

I have liked Cam from the beginning - especially when he was living with Scott. His development has kind of leveled off imo. He is better than average D man and would be more effective on a more talented club. His lack of physicality bothers me - seems like he is always playing at the end of his stick and avoids any real contact. Also seems like his skating skills don't seem to have been improving with age, and not much ZIP on his shot. Just my opinion !  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Eric StephensVerified account @icemancometh

Bob Murray said Patrick Eaves has been experiencing some of the similar muscle weakness issues that affected him the start of last season. Hasn't played with Gulls for last while and not with them now.

For Eaves sake, I am hoping this is just a ploy to avoid a buy out. Either way, this is not good news at all. 

Here's the full quote:

"He's had a setback," said Murray. "Texted with him yesterday. There is no new diagnosis or anything. This is a very troubling situation, and everybody is doing the best they can with it. There is no diagnosis, and he's just struggling again with everything. Like Kes, we hope he gets better so he can have a normal life. I don't want to speak for him, but he's just struggling. It's more like what he had last year.

"He's experiencing some of the same issues as last year. Let's just leave it at that."

Eek. Sounds eerily similar to what Murray said about Despres when he was dealing with his post-concussion struggles. 

On 3/23/2019 at 4:46 AM, PetrSykora said:

Here's the full quote:

Eek. Sounds eerily similar to what Murray said about Despres when he was dealing with his post-concussion struggles. 

I know....Fate is not good when it dealt some of our Ducks and Hockey Players a bad hand.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck