The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Silfverberg Signed

Per @PierreVLeBrun, the Ducks and Jakob Silfverberg have "essentially" come to an agreement on a five-year contract extension. They can't make the official announcement for a bit because of salary-cap tagging issues. At any rate, Silfverberg is off the trade market.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Per @PierreVLeBrun, the Ducks and Jakob Silfverberg have "essentially" come to an agreement on a five-year contract extension. They can't make the official announcement for a bit because of salary-cap tagging issues. At any rate, Silfverberg is off the trade market.

Damn it, Bob.  I like Silf, but this is stupid.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@ElliottTeaford

One thing to remember, Silfverberg will be 33 when the five-year deal expires, not 35 or 36 as with the Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler deals. That's also assuming the five-year term is correct. Trying to confirm, but GMIHCBM is away from the team for personal reasons for next 2 days.

• Like 2

Ok, let's not forget that since joining the team Silf is 2nd of points produced during the playoffs...second behind only Getzlaf. I wouldn't exactly say this is terrible. He has a value and skill. He hasn't been the problem.

• Like 4

Silfverberg leads our team in goals. Is a great 2-way-player. Still in his 20's. Pretty fast skater. Has arguably the best shot on the team, which can go far in the playoffs. (As evidenced by his playoff success.) No-maintenance. Great signing, in my opinion. 

Edited by duck123
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I like Silfverberg but I hope BM didn't overpay. I'm also wondering whether this means we're saying goodbye to Henrique.

Doubt it’s a goodbye to Henrique. They play different positions. I think it’s more shedding Gibbons, Rowney, Sprong (only because he’s been scratched), and possibly Grant to make room for the young guys. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, duck123 said:

Silfverberg leads our team in goals. Is a great 2-way-player. Still in his 20's. Pretty fast skater. Has arguably the best shot on the team, which can go far in the playoffs. (As evidenced by his playoff success.) No-maintenance. Great signing, in my opinion. 

16 goals this deep into a season should not lead any team in the NHL...just saying. I hope the amount of the deal does not factor in that he is leading the team in goals this season.

• Like 3

I don't think this is smart. However, if there no NMC in the deal, and it's not for more than $5M/year, I can live with it.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Jiggy2win said:

We all know there’s a NTC In there 

my first thought, that is what I also fear.... more then 3 mio is too much... not after this season...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Doubt it’s a goodbye to Henrique. They play different positions. I think it’s more shedding Gibbons, Rowney, Sprong (only because he’s been scratched), and possibly Grant to make room for the young guys. 

Either way it's a logjam on the wing now with the kids expected to be regular NHLers in the next few seasons. At least one player is going to be moved.

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

my first thought, that is what I also fear.... more then 3 mio is too much... not after this season...

He's getting paid $3.75M right now, I don't see why he would get less than that considering he's been one of our better players this season. Don't get me wrong, I don't think re-signing him is smart, but he's getting at least $4.5M per.

4 minutes ago, nieder said:

I don't think this is smart. However, if there no NMC in the deal, and it's not for more than $5M/year, I can live with it.

You’re too kind. It’s beyond stupid. This just delays a rebuild and assures that the Ducks will continue to not be contenders. Murray said earlier this year that this team wasn’t. So, he decides to keep the same roster in tact, make it more expensive, older and limit the chances of prospects that the future of the team relies upon? It makes no sense. I’m guessing it’s around the $5 mil range, which for a roughly 40 point guy approaching 30 y/o still isn’t great. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

You’re too kind. It’s beyond stupid. This just delays a rebuild and assures that the Ducks will continue to not be contenders. Murray said earlier this year that this team wasn’t. So, he decides to keep the same roster in tact, make it more expensive, older and limit the chances of prospects that the future of the team relies upon? It makes no sense. I’m guessing it’s around the $5 mil range, which for a roughly 40 point guy approaching 30 y/o still isn’t great. 

Especially since Gibby's 6.4M/yr kicks in next season. Bonehead Bob at it again.

3 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

You’re too kind. It’s beyond stupid. This just delays a rebuild and assures that the Ducks will continue to not be contenders

sign:(

it was a super opportunity this year, only 25 games tank and you have minimum a top 5 draft pick. no we fight for the playoffs, will take the 9th place in conference or 8th and then 0:4 against a divisional winner... nice, very smart...

21 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I think it’s more shedding Gibbons, Rowney, Sprong (only because he’s been scratched), and possibly Grant to make room for the young guys. 

Grant 0,65 Mio, Sprong 0,75 Mio, Gibbons 1,0 Mio, Rowney 1,13 Mio.... room for younger guys? where? they are the cheapest players in the roster...

*sigh* GMHCBM. If this deal goes above 5.5 mil  per with a NMC , I’m going to IKEA, and I’m going to jump off their roof. 

• Like 3

Better hope we tank now you non-tankers...we won't have enough cap space to make a push for a top end UFA and need to rely upon an ELC from a top end draft pick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nieder said:

Either way it's a logjam on the wing now with the kids expected to be regular NHLers in the next few seasons. At least one player is going to be moved.

Agree that at least one player gets moved; I just don’t believe it will be Henrique. In addition to those mentioned, there’s also Shore. 

2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Agree that at least one player gets moved; I just don’t believe it will be Henrique. In addition to those mentioned, there’s also Shore. 

Ritchie seems most likely to me. His compete level has noticeably NOT increased since GMIHCBM went behind the bench, and there was that little hold-out issue earlier in the year that has surely soured the team on him a bit. If they're waiting to announce the deal because they need more tagging space, a Ritchie move makes sense too. His $1.5M should provide all the tagging space they need for Silf's raise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

If a forward is to be moved it's going to most likely be Ritchie. He is the only player on the roster that can be moved who will net the most in return.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Better hope we tank now you non-tankers...we won't have enough cap space to make a push for a top end UFA and need to rely upon an ELC from a top end draft pick.

There will absolutely be a trade or two this summer. Probably a very significant contract. GMIHCBM has 22 more games to figure out who its going to be.

1 minute ago, ducks07 said:

If a forward is to be moved it's going to most likely be Ritchie. He is the only player on the roster that can be moved who will net the most in return.

he has a nice contract, only 1,5 Mio... and he made a step this season... he was one of the best (no-goaltender) under RC.

I shake my head for the second time today... first shake was because the win, and now you sign an other 5 mio player, no surprise if its an other NMC.... we will have problems...