The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Silfverberg Signed

11 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Because he is the best player on this team.

That doesn't mean he would make a great captain.

The comments from Murray make me think he might be wearing at least an 'A' next season. Things like Silf has embraced mentoring the kids, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Because he is the best player on this team.

Hmm, best player? that’s debatable. And even if he was clearly the best player on the team (points wise I think you meant) that alone does not always translate to being a great captain. In fact captaincy is a hindrance to most high scorers. Take Selänne for instance, he was not a great captain and in fact he admitted that it weighed him down and he was not as effective. In my personal opinion, a great captain would be someone who has the capacity to be a good leader on and off the ice. Someone who can mentor the young players but also push and inspire the whole team to new heights and through tough times while be down on the score. Someone who can calmly speak and effectively communicate with the refs. Kessler would have been a great captain but he’s ... well we all know his issues. Next up (and I know this will burn you to the core) but Fowler would seem to make a good captain especially in the modern NHL. He strikes me as having diplomacy and I do believe he would be the type of player who could do all the above and more importantly be that type of player who elevates his game with the added responsibility that comes along with being a captain. 

• Like 3