Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ducks07

Trade Deadline Deals

Recommended Posts

#TradeCentre ALERT: #Capitals acquire F Carl Hagelin from the L.A. Kings for a 2019 3rd-Round Pick & conditional 2020 6th-Round Pick

MORE: tsn.ca/1.1261346

 #TSNHockey

LeBrun:

Kings retain 50 percent of Hagelin salary and cap hit

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Hagelin on the Capitals. And money retained.

While not a fit for LA (or ANA for that matter), I could see that dude thriving on a Capitals team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

#TradeCentre ALERT: #Capitals acquire F Carl Hagelin from the L.A. Kings for a 2019 3rd-Round Pick & conditional 2020 6th-Round Pick

MORE: tsn.ca/1.1261346

 #TSNHockey

LeBrun:

Kings retain 50 percent of Hagelin salary and cap hit

 

Also posted in the Kings thread. 

With another 2019 pick coming back as part of the Hagelin trade, the #LAkings now have a total of 10 picks in the upcoming NHL Draft.

 

1st

1st (TOR)

2nd

3rd

3rd (WAS)

4th

4th (CGY)

5th

6th

7th

 

capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Also posted in the Kings thread. 

With another 2019 pick coming back as part of the Hagelin trade, the #LAkings now have a total of 10 picks in the upcoming NHL Draft.

 

1st

1st (TOR)

2nd

3rd

3rd (WAS)

4th

4th (CGY)

5th

6th

7th

 

capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Smart. We should have followed a similar suit for this draft year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Smart. We should have followed a similar suit for this draft year.

How? They've basically decided to just waste Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick's best remaining years. By the time all the kids drafted in the 2019 class hit age 22, Kopi will be 35, Quick will be 37, and Doughty will be 33 (and all still under contract!). They've really screwed that team up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

How? They've basically decided to just waste Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick's best remaining years. By the time all the kids drafted in the 2019 class hit age 22, Kopi will be 35, Quick will be 37, and Doughty will be 33 (and all still under contract!). They've really screwed that team up.

When I first saw that, it concerned me. Then I look at the Gulls and the Reign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

How? They've basically decided to just waste Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick's best remaining years. By the time all the kids drafted in the 2019 class hit age 22, Kopi will be 35, Quick will be 37, and Doughty will be 33 (and all still under contract!). They've really screwed that team up.

The players they traded for the picks are not game changers, hate to break it to you. They are more than capable of luring a UFA to the L.A. market this off-season to piece together a more than decent roster. The picks that they are accumulating for this draft with more than likely a top 3 overall will make them a very deep team in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

When I first saw that, it concerned me. Then I look at the Gulls and the Reign. 

And what did that show you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

How? They've basically decided to just waste Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick's best remaining years. By the time all the kids drafted in the 2019 class hit age 22, Kopi will be 35, Quick will be 37, and Doughty will be 33 (and all still under contract!). They've really screwed that team up.

Or they'll draft Kakko or Hughes, sign a great free agent or two in the next couple of offseasons, and be ready to compete again by 2020-2021.  They weren't going to make the playoffs with Muzzin and Hagelin.  The Kings were a bit late in doing this so they're having to do more of a rebuild than a retool, but Kopitar and Doughty will still be contributing players at that point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ducks07 said:

And what did that show you?

Did you bother to look at the roster's? Do you know anything about the Gulls? Did you look at the team and players' numbers?  Did you compare the rosters? Please do a little research before you make a sarcastic comment then we could discuss.

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Did you bother to look at the roster's? Do you know anything about the Gulls? Did you look at the team and players' numbers?  Did you compare the rosters?

I'm very well aware of the Ducks and Gulls thanks for asking. You said "When I first saw that, it concerned me. Then I look at the Gulls and the Reign". So it took you 5 minutes of solid "research" to look at the Gulls and Reign's roster and it changed your mind? Im just asking what did it show you? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Mike MorrealeVerified account @mikemorrealeNHL
 
Scratches from OTT v NJD OTT - Duchene, Stone, Dzingel
NJD - Johansson, Lovejoy It has begun

Ohhhhhhhhh shiiiiiii...

Could Stone and Dutchy be moved to the same place! That's asking alot but damn if that happened, someone will get beefcaked out. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

I'm very well aware of the Ducks and Gulls thanks for asking. You said "When I first saw that, it concerned me. Then I look at the Gulls and the Reign". So it took you 5 minutes of solid "research" to look at the Gulls and Reign's roster and it changed your mind? Im just asking what did it show you? 

 

 

Good guess. I've been watching and following the Gulls since their move in 2015. I never said in my post that I spent 5 minutes researching. You can disagree with me, ask how I came to my conclusion, etc. Again, your sarcastic responses aren't necessary nor do they deserve any more responses. Enjoy. :t_hot_unread:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Good guess. I've been watching and following the Gulls since their move in 2015. I never said in my post that I spent 5 minutes researching. You can disagree with me, ask how I came to my conclusion, etc. Again, your sarcastic responses aren't necessary nor do they deserve any more responses. Enjoy. :t_hot_unread:

The time between the post you replied to and your reply was about 5min. No need to get upset, was just asking what changed your mind. guess I didn't understand your statement then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

The time between the post you replied to and your reply was about 5min. No need to get upset, was just asking what changed your mind. guess I didn't understand your statement then. 

When I first saw the tweet, I was frustrated even without knowing which picks the Ducks have in the next few years. Then I thought about the rookies the Ducks have moved in and out of the lineup this season. Some have fared better than others but none were embarrassed at the NHL level. I look at the Gulls and many of the young guys are contributing every game in one way or another.  In addition, Comtois lighting it up. How many players do the Kings have ready to compete for an NHL spot on their roster? Bob dumpster dives at the trade deadline/FA but he drafts well. The Kings do the opposite. My point is that if you don’t draft well, it doesn’t matter how many picks you have or where they are. I didn’t research to come to that opinion, I thought about what I already knew and regretted my knee jerk reaction that the Kings would get so many great new prospects. Is it possible? Yes. They have several top level players they drafted. But, at this time, the Kings could use their picks as trade bait whereas the Ducks could use their prospects. IMHO, the Kings are in no better shape than the Ducks when it comes to the future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

When I first saw the tweet, I was frustrated even without knowing which picks the Ducks have in the next few years. Then I thought about the rookies the Ducks have moved in and out of the lineup this season. Some have fared better than others but none were embarrassed at the NHL level. I look at the Gulls and many of the young guys are contributing every game in one way or another.  In addition, Comtois lighting it up. How many players do the Kings have ready to compete for an NHL spot on their roster? Bob dumpster dives at the trade deadline/FA but he drafts well. The Kings do the opposite. My point is that if you don’t draft well, it doesn’t matter how many picks you have or where they are. I didn’t research to come to that opinion, I thought about what I already knew and regretted my knee jerk reaction that the Kings would get so many great new prospects. Is it possible? Yes. They have several top level players they drafted. But, at this time, the Kings could use their picks as trade bait whereas the Ducks could use their prospects. IMHO, the Kings are in no better shape than the Ducks when it comes to the future. 

Good points. I don't follow the Reign so I wouldn't know how well they draft. I did glance at their stats and nothing really stood out to me. I know that they have had to use their goaltending prospects up with the kings of and on this season so I don't know if that has had and negative effects on the development of their current prospects. I just think that this being a very deep draft, having as many picks would serve any organization well, especially those who tend to not draft as well since it will be hard to miss on talent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Blue Jackets : Matt Duchene and Julius Bergman

To Senators : Vitaly Abramov, Jonathan Davidsson, 2019 1st-Round Pick and a 2020 conditional 1st-Round Pick

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

To Blue Jackets : Matt Duchene and Julius Bergman

To Senators : Vitaly Abramov, Jonathan Davidsson, 2019 1st-Round Pick and a 2020 conditional 1st-Round Pick

 

so, the top contenders for the first and second overall picks this year each have 2 first round picks.  

we're already an also-ran for a top 1st rounder this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fisix said:

so, the top contenders for the first and second overall picks this year each have 2 first round picks.  

we're already an also-ran for a top 1st rounder this year.

The Senators 1st round pick this year belongs to the Avalanche, so yeah the Avs have 2 first round picks and so does L.A.

The Avs could end up having two top 10 picks...crazy.

Edited by ducks07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird coincidence with Duchene... he plays against the Senators tonight. Correct me if I am wrong, but when he was traded to Ottawa from Colorado, I think his first two games for the Sens were against Colorado in a home-and-home B2B. What are the odds of a player facing his old team in his first game after the trade TWICE in one career? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Hahahaha Duchene's tenure in Ottawa was legendary. I'll miss him although I'm sure most of Ottawa won't. 

Might re-sign with the Sen in the off-season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Might re-sign with the Sen in the off-season. 

Doubt it. That team is going to be bad for a while. Unless he doesn't want to win anything for the foreseeable future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...