The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ducks07

Trade Deadline Deals

2 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

After Buffalo trade I hoped BM understood it and finally begins to tank. But no trade at the deadline:(

Yeah it wasn’t like we needed some kind of finisher or any offense help 

3 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Still should have been a #1 pick going back

Why? Brannstrom is likely a better player than Ottawa would have drafted with a Vegas #1 pick this season as it's probably going to be in the 20-31 range. Vegas essentially traded a very good prospect (instead of a 1st), a 2nd and a depth forward for a guy that's about to be a UFA (though it sounds like an extension is already happening).

4 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

After Buffalo trade I hoped BM understood it and finally begins to tank. But no trade at the deadline:(

Maybe the Montour trade was our trade at the deadline.

Its not over yet though, more trades will trickle through over the next hour or so.

Just now, nieder said:

Why? Brannstrom is likely a better player than Ottawa would have drafted with a Vegas #1 pick this season as it's probably going to be in the 20-31 range. Vegas essentially traded a very good prospect (instead of a 1st), a 2nd and a depth forward for a guy that's about to be a UFA (though it sounds like an extension is already happening).

didn't say instead of...the pick heading back should have been a 1st.

How am I supposed to root for my hometown guy Simmonds when he's playing for that team now? It was hard enough for me with DSP and Washington last season. Barf. Kinda figured they would trade for him given how inexplicably trash their PP is but at least the other contenders out West have also added significant pieces. Oh well.