Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
HockeyIzCool

Backup Goalie For Monday Night

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Aren't Gibson & Johnson back in Anaheim?  If the Ducks trade Miller, who is going to backup Boyle?

Wild Wing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nieder said:

Miller doesn’t want to be traded, so he won’t be. 

Oh wow! yeah? did he not waive his NTC??? Not even to go to San Jose...which, after last nights trade, probably the deepest team not named Tampa Bay. And can only be made deeper with Miller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Oh wow! yeah? did he not waive his NTC??? Not even to go to San Jose...which, after last nights trade, probably the deepest team not named Tampa Bay. And can only be made deeper with Miller.

That's what I was reading. Murray gave him the option and he would prefer to stay in SoCal with his family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nieder said:

That's what I was reading. Murray gave him the option and he would prefer to stay in SoCal with his family.

Gave him the option?  So neither of the 2 trades that seemed like no brainers, Silfverberg & Miller, will happen now?  Way to plan for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Gave him the option?  So neither of the 2 trades that seemed like no brainers, Silfverberg & Miller, will happen now?  Way to plan for the future.

I'm guessing Murray wants to sign him again in the offseason so doesn't want to piddle him off. Miller has a 6 team list anyway so he could just list 6 teams that don't need goaltending if he doesn't want to go anywhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Aren't Gibson & Johnson back in Anaheim?  If the Ducks trade Miller, who is going to backup Boyle?

prob just sign an emergency backup until find a cheap has been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nieder said:

I'm guessing Murray wants to sign him again in the offseason so doesn't want to piddle him off. Miller has a 6 team list anyway so he could just list 6 teams that don't need goaltending if he doesn't want to go anywhere.

 

If that's the case, and they're giving him the option of staying now, they should sign him to an Extension now.  This essentially gives him leverage, since he will become UFA, and may end up costing us more to re-sign.  I didn't realize he had a 6 team list.  I guess San Jose is not one of them, kind of surprising since they're a CA team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

If that's the case, and they're giving him the option of staying now, they should sign him to an Extension now.  This essentially gives him leverage, since he will become UFA, and may end up costing us more to re-sign.  I didn't realize he had a 6 team list.  I guess San Jose is not one of them, kind of surprising since they're a CA team.

could be a nice option for Vegas, the flower has been inconsistent this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't mind not trading Miller.  We weren't getting more than a late second (if that) for him anyway.  

We might need him next season too, if GMBM can't talk Gibby out of that trade demand... :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

We might need him next season too, if GMBM can't talk Gibby out of that trade demand... :ph34r:

:unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

We might need him next season too, if GMBM can't talk Gibby out of that trade demand... :ph34r:

We might, but why is Murray trying to talk him out of it?  Trade him to Colorado for Ottawa's pick.  That might be the one thing that pries that pick loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Miller reject the trade??? And to San Jose??? They need goalie help, he can help them...with him and that forward group and defense...that's the team to beat in the west! It's not like he has to live in San Jose after June...and he could have always resigned with Anaheim in the off-season since he seems to want to stay here for some reason...I just don't get it...maybe he doesn't want to even be away for a few months I guess....he's got his priorities. I can respect that actually. If he wants to be there more for his kid, then even going to SJ for a few months is missing a lot of things that could be going on...talent shows or sport games or performances or whatever they're doing. It can be a big deal to miss those.

I take it back. Good on ya, Ryan! Your family is important :) more important than a cup!

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Aren't Gibson & Johnson back in Anaheim?  If the Ducks trade Miller, who is going to backup Boyle?

I will j/k.....but imho Miller will back up Boyle.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't mind not trading Miller.  We weren't getting more than a late second (if that) for him anyway.  

 

6 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

If that's the case, and they're giving him the option of staying now, they should sign him to an Extension now.  This essentially gives him leverage, since he will become UFA, and may end up costing us more to re-sign.  I didn't realize he had a 6 team list.  I guess San Jose is not one of them, kind of surprising since they're a CA team.

I think the 6 team is just for contract fodder (SJ prob one of them) but he doesn’t want to move so the 6 team is moot. Appears he wants to keep things simple and retire here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking... he has a silver medal, the Vezina, some all star stuff, a few other important record and awards... and a 3 year old.  He'll be in the NHL HoF... so he may be fine with this.  I don't think the Sharks are a viable cup team this year, given what they're up against.  The other teams wanting him probably don't fit his lifestyle.  I can see him declining, reasonably, even as good as he is.  Plus, he wouldn't be able to pad his record in other places as well as he can in Anaheim... he might not even get to play in the playoffs if their number 1 stays fit.

It's likely a choice he already made when he agreed to sign with the Ducks (with family, himself, his body).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...