The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axkick23

New Coach - Scott Niedermayer

1 hour ago, Jiggy2win said:

I say we get Dan Sexton to be our new coach. 

Ah yes, Ducks legend for 3 weeks in January in 2010 Dan Sexton. Retire his jersey number first though.

mmmmm...I dunno...(about Scotty -- obviously Dan Sexton is the best choice here).

His presence may have motivated the Ducks on Sunday...but it wasn't his coaching. You hear what everyone says about Scotty...he's quiet. Leads by example on the ice. Those aren't exactly the qualities you want in a coach. You want the coach to be wise and smart and know how to be a leader, like Scotty is. But I don't think what made him such a great example for the Ducks in those 5 seasons they had him really translate to what a coach would need.

Scotty could always just go on the ice as a player. Can't as a coach...as much as I'm sure bob murray wishes wasn't true so he could be EVPIHCN4DMGMBM. :P  (Number 4 DefenseMan)

39 minutes ago, nieder said:

Ah yes, Ducks legend for 3 weeks in January in 2010 Dan Sexton. Retire his jersey number first though.

Might as well. Pre-game retirement ceremonies seem to be the only way to get this team to play hard for a full 60.

8 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

When Scott Niedermayer wants to be a coach, he'll be a coach.  The fact that he isn't one yet tells me he doesn't want to be.

He retired to spend time with his family and to be able to watch his boys play. He may, in a few years, decide to be a head coach but I think he’s perfectly content with his current position in the Ducks’ organization. I also believe that if/when Scotty decides to coach, there will be a team that would hire him. 

19 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Aberg better be one of his assistants then. Bryz for GM.

Holy crap, it will be a disaster but I'm down with this for the entertainment factor alone.

1 hour ago, nieder said:

Holy crap, it will be a disaster but I'm down with this for the entertainment factor alone.

Not if we also ice BM and RC as our top 2 def. And get wild wing to be our 1c.

"Again, should have made a better defensive play there and take the body"- RC

"There is an alternate universe where we actually won that game" - Bryz

12 hours ago, Axkick23 said:

I say we get Scott Niedermayer to be our new coach. 

Hmmmm Much as you like Niedermayer to Coach I think it be best he does not take Position as Head Coach imho.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

Can we put this guy on the list to coach the ducks?  He is so awesome!!!!  "I got to see how they make the sausage!!"  Ha Ha

Listen to what he would have told the Leafs between the first and the second period!  Priceless!!!! Ha Ha

22 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Wayne Gretzky. He has coaching experience with Phoenix. Joe Motzko and J.F Jomphe could be assistants.

I doubt Wayne wants to coach anybody

18 hours ago, bufbarnaby said:

I doubt Wayne wants to coach anybody

Great One was Subpar as  Coach...infact WTH are WE TALKING ABOUT THIS?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Great One was Subpar as  Coach...infact WTH are WE TALKING ABOUT THIS?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I didn't bring it up...I said he is bad cosch.