The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

Listening to Bob M this morning.

Going to try to write this contemporaneously since I’ve heard weird things in the past. 

Mentions wondering if they did a disservice to cam by hurrying him into the lineup long ago. 

Sort of joking - can’t raise voice to these young players. Too sensitive. They always ask why. 

More serious - communication is key. 

5 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Mentions wondering if they did a disservice to cam by hurrying him into the lineup long ago. 

He’s the only one still wondering. For everyone else this is obvious.

• Like 2

Veteran players have to accept playing with younger players, otherwise they don’t belong here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Veteran players have to accept playing with younger players, otherwise they don’t belong here. 

Do you get the feeling this is being directed at specific players? Or is it just general conversation rambling?

• Like 1

More stuff about rotating veterans with younger players. Leadership requirements. 

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Do you get the feeling this is being directed at specific players? Or is it just general conversation rambling?

Directed. He has players in mind. Noted that Silferberg has embraced the new leadership requirements. 

• Like 3

Doesn’t like Canadian junior rules where clean hit but hit too hard you get suspended. 

• Like 1

Young people players can’t sit and watch. If they won’t be played more than 10min at NHL, send back to AHL and play 17min a night. 

13 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

He’s the only one still wondering. For everyone else this is obvious.

20 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Wait...long ago like due to an injury? or long ago as in 10 years ago when he was 18 and should have never been brought into the line up???? If it' the latter...which I feel is true...man what does that do to Cam hearing Bob say this? He basically just said Cam can never reach his potential...that's a bit of a giving up attitude towards the player. That's not gonna help Cam hearing that and now it being said to everyone publicly! Unless he takes that as a drive to do better in the off-season and find his potential...

21 minutes ago, Fisix said:

You’re never wrong drafting goalies and defensemen. 

that is a great point! That makes a lot of sense...you look at the teams with the solid goaltending...mostly drafted those into their team. Yeah...although makes me worried he's saying that as this draft looms lol

9 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Directed. He has players in mind. Noted that Silferberg has embraced the new leadership requirements. 

But he didn't direct it negatively towards any other players? Like Kesler or Getz or Montour or Perry or something?

Then says there’s big advantages playing on off side. Says it tends to open up Cam offensively. 

Alot of good insight Thanks Fisix....Anyone who attended the Ducks STH meeting is there other info Bob has address on certain issues?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

This coaching crap. Skates hurt. 

Didn’t line the distance. Started not liking players and people. Being close has helped him see benefits. 

Edited by Fisix

2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Doesn’t really care about left or right shot. Just play the game. 

hmmm I don't agree with him on this. "just play the game" well...you play the game differently if your entire line is right handed. Then get players with strong back hands. Otherwise you can't play with as much speed as you want. Look, I'm not going to sit here and say I know ANYTHING about the nuances of hockey plays...but from my observation...when you have an all-right line...you either have to shoot with your backhand, pass with your backhand, get the pass and readjust aka not one-time the shot, or do an EXTRA pass you wouldn't have had to do if the first pass was to a lefty. I do agree with the playing off-side thing...but...I dunno. again, I actually DON'T know...just an observation I've made.

(also, you're doing us a great service by doing this! you don't need to read/respond to what I'm responding with...keep it up! :) )

Not going to be 5-6 year rebuild. 

Inherent in that is that we’re already in rebuild. 

Says we and and the kings are going for the same draft picks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

Not going to be 5-6 year rebuild. 

Inherent in that is that we’re already in rebuild. 

Says we and and the kings are going for the same draft picks. 

Is that what he said.....Cause it's abit confusing...considering he says team was "In transition".

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

41 minutes ago, Fisix said:

You’re never wrong drafting goalies and defensemen. 

Goaltending is key because of how much it can make or break a team. The problem that I have with his comment is that the league has been putting more of an emphasis on goal scoring for a while now. Defense doesn’t win championships anymore. You need scoring talent more than ever.

43 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Good thing he gave out NMC’s and big contracts to those veteran players lol. Does/can he buy out Kesler? Magically move Perry lol? He’s has committed himself to this current roster and he just can’t put in younger players.

Thank you for the update and thread about this!

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Goaltending is key because of how much it can make or break a team. The problem that I have with his comment is that the league has been putting more of an emphasis on goal scoring for a while now. Defense doesn’t win championships anymore. You need scoring talent more than ever.

Good thing he gave out NMC’s and big contracts to those veteran players lol. Does/can he buy out Kesler? Magically move Perry lol? He’s has committed himself to this current roster and he just can’t put in younger players.

Thank you for the update and thread about this!

How do you know he’s talking about Kesler and Perry? Both of those guys have played with young players before and had success. Three years ago Perry had Rakell as his Center, and Kesler was given a much younger Silf on his wing when he first arrived. I don’t see why those guys would have an issue with it.

5 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

How do you know he’s talking about Kesler and Perry? Both of those guys have played with young players before and had success. Three years ago Perry had Rakell as his Center, and Kesler was given a much younger Silf on his wing when he first arrived. I don’t see why those guys would have an issue with it.

Completely agree which is why I'm very curious about who Bob was thinking about when he made that comment. I'm wondering if it's more on D...I think he was unsatisfied with how Montour didn't take leadership accountability? Maybe Manson and Lindholm and Fowler, too? It's a weird comment to make without a follow up.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Completely agree which is why I'm very curious about who Bob was thinking about when he made that comment. I'm wondering if it's more on D...I think he was unsatisfied with how Montour didn't take leadership accountability? Maybe Manson and Lindholm and Fowler, too? It's a weird comment to make without a follow up.

Getzlaf says all the right things about the kids too so I didn't think it was him. He was just gushing over Troy Terry last week. 

Kesler does seem like the type to be the old curmudgeon yelling 'get off my lawn' at the kids.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

He could very well be talking about Manson, lindholm, Fowler either of which he’d have very little problem moving if he wanted. We all know the problem that he has with too much money locked up in contracts that are insanely difficult to move. The logjam is up front, not really on the blue line so if he has an issue with the defense then that just yet another problem he has to fix.

3 years ago, Perry and Kesler were younger, healthier and much more productive players so I’m not expecting them to find the level of success needed to get where we all want the team to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

3 years ago, Perry and Kesler were younger, healthier and much more productive players so I’m not expecting them to find the level of success needed to get where we all want the team to go.

Imo perry looks better this year than last year! 

1 hour ago, nieder said:

Getzlaf says all the right things about the kids too so I didn't think it was him. He was just gushing over Troy Terry last week. 

Kesler does seem like the type to be the old curmudgeon yelling 'get off my lawn' at the kids.

Terry said Kesler was his idol when he was growing up. I think the old curmudgeon was fired a few weeks ago.

• Like 1