The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Should Bob Murray coach next year?

On 3/19/2019 at 9:41 PM, duck123 said:

I agree that the assistants are likely doing most of the coaching. But maybe that can be a new strategy in the NHL? Have the GM be the coach in name--and be on the bench observing the team--and making sure the team is playing the style of hockey he wants. And the assistants can run the show. That would keep players working 100 percent each game, knowing their GM is there.  Ha. Ha. I know this likely won't happen and that we will likely hire a new head coach after the season is over.  But assistant coaches typically choose a lot of the pairings anyways, don't they?  And who goes out on the ice when. I guess this could work long-term. But I doubt the Ducks will continue this after the season. I do think one of the assistants should definitely be looked as a potential head coach candidate.  We shall see who the Ducks hire as their next head coach summer.  GO DUCKS!

Pool Kariyo for koch!

On 3/18/2019 at 1:14 AM, duck123 said:

Much like a lot of Ducks fans, I am really enjoying us winning a ton of games since Bob Murray has taken over as coach! And not only that, but we seem like a very different team. We look much faster, and our style of play just seems more up-tempo. Why in the world would we want a different coach right now than Bob Murray? The team is winning games with him as coach.  He finally is implementing the style of play that he wants, and we are winning games!  If something is not broke, why fix it?  I don't know about anybody else, but I would have no problem with Bob Murray being both our GM and our coach next season.  Why not?!  We are winning!  And not only are we winning, but it almost seems like winning has become easy for us.  Before Bob took over, it seemed like getting wins was grind.  Not only does winning not seem like a grind anymore, but it seems like we are winning by having fun.  And who doesn't like having fun?  I say we keep the fun times going and keep Bob Murray as our coach for at least another season.  I know the chances of that happening are not that good.  But if it were up to me, I'd try it for at least a year and see what happens.  Will it happen?  You never know.  We shall see.  GO DUCKS!

I would say No...I strongly suggest Ducks would hire a Coach then have GM be in Coaching position at this point.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Bob Murray for retirement.  Ducks need new owners, new leadership, new players, new stadium, and a new image.  Full reboot.  

On 4/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, j0ejure said:

Bob Murray for retirement.  Ducks need new owners, new leadership, new players, new stadium, and a new image.  Full reboot.  

By what do you mean by Reboot....JJ Abrams style?...btw Ducks are not changing anything except Players and Coach. Image is part of the community.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 6:50 AM, j0ejure said:

For better or worse, Murray has fielded a team that has gone to the playoffs for several years in a row.

Owners have been great. 

Leaders have done fine with an ever changing lineup due to injuries. Maybe the leaders should have done more to accelerate the coaching change, but Murray wrongly gave his friend the benefit of the doubt and would not fire him until the season was a loss.

New players are dominating in the lower leagues. Getting rid of players that don't produce and letting the kids fill in should have us back in the playoffs.

Still too small of a market for new stadium. 

Full reboot will happen in 2 or 3 years when the older guys move on.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 6:19 AM, Aksun said:

Then leave him as HC and hire a new GM.

Edit: Promote Nonis :ph34r:

Meh. Nonis' career as GM is spotty at best. Not the guy you want to Captain the boat but a solid Lieutenant.

11 hours ago, poum said:

Meh. Nonis' career as GM is spotty at best. Not the guy you want to Captain the boat but a solid Lieutenant.

Nonis is terrible LOL. Agreed he’s best suited taking orders than actually giving them

On 4/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, poum said:

18 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Nonis is terrible LOL. Agreed he’s best suited taking orders than actually giving them

I was joking obviously, who wants a Nonis. That's right - nobody, or some trash like the Oilers.

Look We know Dallas Eakins will be the New Head Coach.....Ducks need promote someone within their ranks. It won't surprise to us once Gulls season is done...Dallas is promoted.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 4/15/2019 at 6:50 AM, j0ejure said:

NO - NO - NO - YES - NO - NO !!!!

Edited by DUCKSDOC
WRONG ANSWER

1 hour ago, DUCKSDOC said:

NO - NO - NO - YES - NO - NO !!!!

Bob Murray for retirement.  Ducks need new owners, new leadership, new players, new stadium, and a new image.  Full reboot.  

You're starting from which point? Because the first sentence is important. 🤣:P

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 12:03 AM, g20topdogg said:

Bob Murray for retirement.  Ducks need new owners, new leadership, new players, new stadium, and a new image.  Full reboot.  

You're starting from which point? Because the first sentence is important. 🤣:P

Agree very VERY IMPORTANT.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well, Mike Yeo is off the board, so that's one bullet dodged.

I'm afraid Murray will look around and see that Randy Carlyle is available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, Joker8 said:

I like to see Sheldon Keefe or Danny Bylsma as our next head coach I am not sold on Erkin.  

Keefe Is interesting choice...While Byslma don't know bout his connection to the Ducks is strong. oh btw you can take Gronberg off the list of Ducks HC Candidates...he has signed with ZSC Lions.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

20 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Keefe Is interesting choice...While Byslma don't know bout his connection to the Ducks is strong. oh btw you can take Gronberg off the list of Ducks HC Candidates...he has signed with ZSC Lions.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Danny has a lot of energy, he played for the ducks back in the day he was a great quarterback of the penalty kill. he did win two cups with the penguins 

7 hours ago, Joker8 said:

Danny has a lot of energy, he played for the ducks back in the day he was a great quarterback of the penalty kill. he did win two cups with the penguins 

He did just wondering IF the Ducks would look at him and try to get permission from Detroit to speak to him it could be interesting.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

meh.  not sure if we can trust Shannon.  i think they're interviewing him for Head Coach... of the Gulls.

If it wasn't for a game 7 loss, the Ducks would have their second cup and BB would still be our coach...oh how one game changed this franchise. Lets just remove the past two seasons from our memories and look forward the the youth movement we are about to endure. I really hope BM uses a short leash on Eakins if he indeed becomes the next coach for the Ducks. 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, Joker8 said:

I like to see Sheldon Keefe or Danny Bylsma as our next head coach I am not sold on Erkin.  

Bylsma was run out of town by the Buffalo players in a very public and embarrassing fashion. I don't think he will ever get a head coaching position at the NHL level again, and I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near our club considering his latest failures and exit.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, DucksFanX said:

Hmm...I've never heard of him before this link, but Trotz thought of him high enough to take Lambert with him to New York from Washington. At the very least, it's nice to know the organization isn't fixated on just Eakins, even if he is the final end product of the coaching search.

• Like 1

Remember how disappointingly St Louis finished last season? I hope a new coach can lead a similar turnaround for the Ducks next season.

7 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Remember how disappointingly St Louis finished last season? I hope a new coach can lead a similar turnaround for the Ducks next season.

It'll take more than just a new coach. The Blues have a pretty good team. It also helps Jaden Schwartz has already scored more goals in The Playoffs than in the regular season. Not to mention they have Dolph Lundgren patrolling the blue line. I'd love me some Parayko.

9 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

It'll take more than just a new coach. The Blues have a pretty good team. It also helps Jaden Schwartz has already scored more goals in The Playoffs than in the regular season. Not to mention they have Dolph Lundgren patrolling the blue line. I'd love me some Parayko.

I just disagree with this.  There could be individuals who are better and worse, but the overall makeup was similar, and they similarly underperformed and improved with a coaching change.

They've had some puck luck in the playoffs, but you never know who does and doesn't get that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

I just disagree with this.  There could be individuals who are better and worse, but the overall makeup was similar, and they similarly underperformed and improved with a coaching change.

They've had some puck luck in the playoffs, but you never know who does and doesn't get that.

I agree with THIS. lol except the puck luck. They've had a goalie stealing the show and a relentless forecheck. They also played a Sharks team that didn't really belong that far to begin with.

I agree that a coaching change will make a world of difference. We also have a stellar goalie who can steal the show. A forward group CAPABLE of tearing it up. A defense that has the talent to be brutal when used correctly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gotchabari said:

A new coach will definitely go a long way. I've mentioned  a couple of times in other threads that I'm sure our Ducks will make The Playoffs next season if we get a new coach and can stay healthy. But I don't think it'll get us to the finals. While we still have a big mean Ducks reputation our D gets pushed around from time to time. I don't see that happening in St.-Louis.

But if next season everybody plays up to his potential and the team adopts a new system I can see us do some serious damage. We can agree on that.

9 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

A new coach will definitely go a long way. I've mentioned  a couple of times in other threads that I'm sure our Ducks will make The Playoffs next season if we get a new coach and can stay healthy. But I don't think it'll get us to the finals. While we still have a big mean Ducks reputation our D gets pushed around from time to time. I don't see that happening in St.-Louis.

But if next season everybody plays up to his potential and the team adopts a new system I can see us do some serious damage. We can agree on that.

I think that there will be too many teams in the West that are simply better than the Ducks for them to get into the playoffs next year. Though, if Gibson puts up a Vezina worthy season then they may have a shot. They are bringing in younger players who are going to go through growing pains as they adjust to a full NHL season.