The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

Ducks Eliminated From Playoffs

I know it has probably been mentioned in other threads, but thought it deserved it's own thread now that it is official. With Arizona's win over Chicago on Tuesday, the Ducks mathematically are eliminated for the first time since 2012. NHL.com pretty much had a quick summary of the season today:

https://www.nhl.com/news/anaheim-fails-to-reach-playoffs-following-several-long-losing-streaks/c-306176384

The Anaheim Ducks failed to make the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the first time in seven seasons, a stretch that included five straight Pacific Division titles from 2012-13 through 2016-17.

The Ducks (32-36-10) were eliminated from playoff contention when the Arizona Coyotes defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 1-0 on Tuesday.

It was a rough one since the beginning it felt like an upward climb with all the injuries. It’s been a good run the last few years and I’m thankful for the winning culture here.  If I remember correctly we were right back in it the last time we missed the playoffs the next year. 

I think we've been pretty spoiled here, having a team that consistently makes the playoffs. I guess management got so complacent that it didn't matter who the head coach was. This season was a wake call, hopefully, that dwelling on the past isn't moving the team forward. What worked in '07 isn't going to work today. The only difference between last season and this season is that we don't have to see our team embarrassed in the first round.

It doesn't hurt that much because we've had the last 3 months to get used to the idea. Lol.

• Haha 1

Let's move forward and Not look at this Elimination of Playoffs as a Failure but a BIG SETBACK.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 3/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, nieder said:

It doesn't hurt that much because we've had the last 3 months to get used to the idea. Lol.

Yeah, exactly. We've been out of the playoffs basically since mid-January.

• Like 1