The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DucksFan_08

RNH for Kase+

This is merely me speculating. Seems the Oilers are in a bit of a pickle after missing the Playoffs again. McDavid isn't happy. If that drags on he'll request a trade sooner or later. Obviously they're lacking depth on the wings and D.

Would you do - only if Kesler needs to be LTIR'ed of course - :

To Ducks: ryan nugent-hopkins  (6 mil for 2 more years)

To oilers: ondrej Kase, Nick Ritchie (combined 4 mil or something), STL 1st

It would give us a solid 2nd line C and the option to move Henrique to wing or 3rd line C. I love Kase but I think he's injury prone and it would help clear the logjam on RW.

The Oilers get a top 6 winger to play with McDavid or Draisaitl. Maybe even Ritchie can succeed in the top 6 with McDavid as his C. STL 1st is there because I'm not sure of the value. Ritchie is difficult to rate. If he has hit his ceiling (which is hard to tell) he's a dime in a dozen player.

Fair, bad value all around or plain dumb proposal?

Kase is damaged goods, so not so sure the greasers will bite. I really like the idea of adding a 2C and moving Rico to the wing, though.

Although I've thoroughly enjoyed watching RNH trying to check the Beastlaf in recent years, I would be happy with this trade. RNH is a very skilled player. Too skilled to be buried on the 3rd line on a bad team.

There are a handful of potentially available young centers and I am really hoping that GMBM will use one of our first 3 picks + players to get one. RNH, Reinhart and Wennberg would all fit the bill. Montreal also has a wealth of young centers too. We have assets. We should use them. But of course, let's see what happens with the ping pong balls first...

Could probably get Nazim Kadri for less pieces, signed for 3 more seasons at a 4.5MM cap hit and less real dollars.

56 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Could probably get Nazim Kadri for less pieces, signed for 3 more seasons at a 4.5MM cap hit and less real dollars.

Good player. Decent value. But he's a bit older than I'm hoping for. He'll be 29 at the start of next season. I'd like to see GMBM use our assets on a guy who has longer-term potential to get better. Kadri is as good as he's going to get right now, and I'm not sure he'd really bring anything to the table that we don't already have in Henrique.

10 hours ago, ZTHER said:

True. There are quite a lot of pieces going the other way but we have a lot of contracts.

Kadri is indeed a good suggestion. He's the type I hope BM will look for. Don't know if it's true but weren't there a few attitude issues with Kadri earlier in his career? We don't want punks on this team :lol: But I expect a bit more offense out of RNH. Then again is that worth the extra 1.5 mil.

Unless Kesler makes a miraculous recovery over the summer. Love me some healthy Kesler.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

True. There are quite a lot of pieces going the other way but we have a lot of contracts.

Kadri is indeed a good suggestion. He's the type I hope BM will look for. Don't know if it's true but weren't there a few attitude issues with Kadri earlier in his career? We don't want punks on this team :lol: But I expect a bit more offense out of RNH. Then again is that worth the extra 1.5 mil.

Unless Kesler makes a miraculous recovery over the summer. Love me some healthy Kesler.

Well how do we feel about kadri after his latest stunt? That's two years in a row he does something stupid. While I believe the leafs have enough talent up front to overcome kadri's absence he does hurt his team's chances of advancing.

Would you guys take a gamble on Alex Wennberg? I think it's safe to say he's no longer needed in Columbus. He hasn't seen any Playoffs action and has put up some lousy numbers in the regular season. But he did score 59 points 2 years ago. Still only 24 years old. If he can hit those point totals again he's definitely worth his contract (4.9 mil signed through 2023).

Another option could be Matty Dooch but my guesses are he'll be looking for the big bucks. And BM isn't the type to throw money at big name UFA's.

2 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Well how do we feel about kadri after his latest stunt? That's two years in a row he does something stupid. While I believe the leafs have enough talent up front to overcome kadri's absence he does hurt his team's chances of advancing.

Would you guys take a gamble on Alex Wennberg? I think it's safe to say he's no longer needed in Columbus. He hasn't seen any Playoffs action and has put up some lousy numbers in the regular season. But he did score 59 points 2 years ago. Still only 24 years old. If he can hit those point totals again he's definitely worth his contract (4.9 mil signed through 2023).

Another option could be Matty Dooch but my guesses are he'll be looking for the big bucks. And BM isn't the type to throw money at big name UFA's.

He's from Stockholm, Sweden, Bob is lining up the trade as we speak.

6 minutes ago, Aksun said:

He's from Stockholm, Sweden, Bob is lining up the trade as we speak.

Hmmm he’s a center too... then we have Getz, Steel and Winnburg as 3rd line C followed by Grant at 4th? Rico would then be able to slide to the left wing where he could be more productive. Not sure who gets traded for this one though. We do have one too many forwards. Interesting idea though 

7 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I've been all over Wennberg in several threads here. He'd be a solid add IMO. And it seems like his price is probably going down too the more CBJ wins without him. We'd probably like to send some salary back though, so maybe Shore + 2nd rounder for Wennberg? 

8 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I've been all over Wennberg in several threads here. He'd be a solid add IMO. And it seems like his price is probably going down too the more CBJ wins without him. We'd probably like to send some salary back though, so maybe Shore + 2nd rounder for Wennberg? 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Then again do we have to add? His numbers the past two seasons have been less than stellar and he does cost 4.9 mil. I don't think many teams are eager to pay much. That is if they want to get rid of him. On one hand I'm thinking they'll be glad to. On the other hand I think maybe they lose Panarin, Duchene and Dzingel and can't afford to lose another forward.

Anyway I wouldn't blame BM for going after him. That's a reclamation project I can totally get behind. If he doesn't pan out we can expose him in the expansion draft. If he does we add a good young center to our forward core at a reasonable contract.

10 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Then again do we have to add? His numbers the past two seasons have been less than stellar and he does cost 4.9 mil. I don't think many teams are eager to pay much. That is if they want to get rid of him. On one hand I'm thinking they'll be glad to. On the other hand I think maybe they lose Panarin, Duchene and Dzingel and can't afford to lose another forward.

Anyway I wouldn't blame BM for going after him. That's a reclamation project I can totally get behind. If he doesn't pan out we can expose him in the expansion draft. If he does we add a good young center to our forward core at a reasonable contract.

I think we have to add salary going the other way, and to also clear a roster spot on LW if we want to have the option of Rico moving to the wing. Shore makes the most sense to move. Or Ritchie. Moving Ritchie means less salary goes, but he may be the more desirable player for another team to acquire. As you mentioned, if they lose Panarin, Duchene and/or Dzingel, they'll need to add a current roster player who can contribute immediately.

Speaking of other teams... (this may deserve its own "rumors" thread, but I don't feel like starting one)... I haven't seen nearly enough speculation about a potential Ducks-Canadiens trade. Montreal is STACKED with young centers but lacks depth scoring on the wings and solid defense on the left side. Here is what Montreal currently has down the middle in terms of young Centers: 

Jonathan Drouin - 24 years old. #3 overall draft pick in 2013. 18G/35A last season.Signed through 2022-23 at $5.5M.

Max Domi - 24 y/o.  #11 OA in 2013. 28G/44A last season. Signed through 2019-2020 at $3.15M, but will be RFA after.

Phillip Danault - 26 y/o. #26 OA in 2011. 12G/41A last season. Signed at $3.083M through 2020-21.

Jesperi Kotkaniemi - 18 y/o. #3 OA in 2018. 11G/23A last season. Rookie, so still on his ELC.

Nick Suzuki - 19 y/o. #13 OA in 2017. Rookie. Still in Juniors.

Ryan Poehling - 20 y/o. #25OA in 2017. Rookie. Just left college and signed his ELC in March.

Bergevin has been basically given an ultimatum that Montreal HAS to be in the playoffs next season, so he's likely going to be looking for a solid hockey deal top push them to the next level. Bergevin and Murray are also good friends (former D-partners in Chicago during their playing days), and it was reported that Bergevin scouted several Ducks games in-person this season leading up to the TDL. Bergevin and Murray have also made four trades in the past (though no major deals). 

There are a bunch of guys there with top-2 C potential and I don't know what it would take to pry one of them loose, but I'd sure like to see GMBM make a move for one of them.

Interesting. Though I have a hard time picturing the canadiens parting ways with drouin, domi or kotkaniemi. Btw I'm too sure about drouin myself. A bit of a character I think.

Kotkaniemi would be great but so would the asking price be. 

Anyway there's a lot of options out there. BM sure has an opportunity to make up for this lost season.

12 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Interesting. Though I have a hard time picturing the canadiens parting ways with drouin, domi or kotkaniemi. Btw I'm too sure about drouin myself. A bit of a character I think.

Kotkaniemi would be great but so would the asking price be. 

Anyway there's a lot of options out there. BM sure has an opportunity to make up for this lost season.

Kotkaniemi would be a dream.

I'd go for Poehling too though. He's projecting as a solid 2-way 6 center (articles say he is relentless forechecker), and dude just scored a hat trick + the shoot-out winner in his first and only NHL game about ten days ago against the Canadiens' mortal enemy Toronto, so it doesn't look like the big stage is too big for him. He's also a left-shot with size (6'3"). He's not quite the playmaker that we really need to eventually replace #15, but this team is so lacking in center depth that I think Poehling would be a great add for long-term 2/3 C potential.

12 hours ago, Fisix said:

Very interesting.  Domi will probably be too expensive.  Drouin would be nice, but probably require too much investment going their way.  Danault is probably ok, and might relish the challenge to be a 2nd C.

The rest are very young and would be competing with our home-grown talent.  I'd love to see them, but they're long term development, not 2nd line Cs (not next season, anyway).

I could see us picking up Drouin for Ritchie plus something that'll hurt, like a youngster forward, Manson, or maybe Kase and some cash or something.

Still, aside from hopes and dreams, I think we'll tend to try to develop within our own system, bring up some AHLers with our new coach. Sending two current forwards to get Drouin will open some space... but I'm not sure we're working the two front rebuild, and the other team may not want to lose any of Drouin, Domi, or Danault.

I really don't think montreal is ready to give up on Drouin who has room to grow. The young guys as you say don't offer immediate help. I can't see it. It would be fun though to draft Suzuki and then trade for his brother. Two Suzukis in a Honda Center would be funny.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

Well how do we feel about kadri after his latest stunt?

I think highly of him.  Debrusk kneed him earlier, elbowed him in the head earlier, and immediately prior to the crosscheck, Debruck boarded Kadri's teammate with a headshot into the buckle.

I have no idea how Debrusk escaped penalty and DPS review.  His actions were way more dangerous (and repetitive) than Kadri.

6 hours ago, gotchabari said:

I think highly of him.  Debrusk kneed him earlier, elbowed him in the head earlier, and immediately prior to the crosscheck, Debruck boarded Kadri's teammate with a headshot into the buckle.

I have no idea how Debrusk escaped penalty and DPS review.  His actions were way more dangerous (and repetitive) than Kadri.

No he didn't. The knee was bad, but his hit on Marleau was a clean hit from the side, and DeBrusk made zero head contact. Yes, Marleau hit the curved part of the glass (he should be aware of where he is on the ice), but he wasn't even phased by it. You can see the hit clearly at 00:45 in the clip here:

DeBrusk is no saint (should have been nailed for the kneeing), but Kadri got himself suspended for the remainder of a playoff series because of that cross-check to DeBrusk's neck/face. It's a terribly selfish play. If he wants retribution, drop the gloves and handle it face-to-face. I also hated the way Kadri held onto DeBrusk when Chara came over to pull him off DeBrusk. DeBrusk isn't moving at all and looks like he's either out cold or seriously injured, and the fact that Kadri intentionally holds onto him and then drops his right knee onto DeBrusk's head tells me that Kadri is a POS. That's a dirtball move (flashbacks of the Bertuzzi-Moore incident) and its far from the first time he's done something like this. He should have gotten the Raffi Torres treatment for this one IMO.

If GMBM add Kadri, I will be more upset than when he added Garbutt. Kadri doesn't belong in our locker room. He's toxic.

Zero interest in Kadri, with the way we have jumped in Ritchie for bad penalties, Kadri has removed himself from the playoffs two years in a row. He’s pushing 30, he’s not going to learn. He’s too expensive for a 3rd line center.