The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

Coach Shuffle - 2019

Wow.  Lots of coaches fired today.

Ducks better watch out or we won't be the only ones trying to hire Eakins.

Looks Q is probably going to Florida.  

The Los Angeles Kings’ announcement today that interim coach Willie Desjardins will not return to the team, the Kings haven’t wasted any time in beginning their search for the next man to lead their team on the ice. TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the Los Angeles Kings have asked the Edmonton Oilers for permission to interview former coach Todd McLellan.

• Thanks 1

I just don't see why Q would coach in Florida?  Do they even have enough money to pay him what he would want?  They have the worst fan base in the NHL hands down.  They treated Gallant like a throw away...  It is not a super talented team.  It's Florida, for heaven's sake...

I just don't get it...  Going from an "all hockey, all the time" environment like Chicago and having crazy success to Florida?  Florida????  Florida????  (I was hoping that if I wrote it enough I would get some sort of inspiration...)  Didn't work...

@floridapanthers 

Quenneville has arrived. 

Welcome to South Florida, Coach Q » bit.ly/CoachQ19

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, the deal is worth north of $30 million over five years depending on bonuses. 

• Sad 1

How?! How did Florida land Joel Q!? Was he looking for a less crazy media city?? A team that would be a challenge to bring success to?? A sunny, great weather place?? **vigorously gestures towards Anaheim**

Joel, Mr. Q...there are hurricanes over there. Hurricanes! Not just the team but real ones. I don't understand...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

How?! How did Florida land Joel Q!? Was he looking for a less crazy media city?? A team that would be a challenge to bring success to?? A sunny, great weather place?? **vigorously gestures towards Anaheim**

Joel, Mr. Q...there are hurricanes over there. Hurricanes! Not just the team but real ones. I don't understand...

He has a close relationship with the GM.

• Thanks 2

Todd McLellan Linked To Buffalo Sabres

April 8th, 2019 at 12:48pm CST • By Gavin Lee

Though there had been plenty of chatter surrounding the Los Angeles Kings and former Edmonton Oilers head coach Todd McLellan, the two may not be getting together after all. Eric Duhatschek of The Athletic tweets that McLellan is “closing in” on a deal with the Buffalo Sabres to become the team’s next head coach, which could be announced as soon as tomorrow.

@tsnbobmckenzie

In reference to my pal Eric’s report, here’s my understanding of the situation: Todd McLellan is a leading candidate if not THE leading candidate to replace Phil Housley as BUF HC. McLellan has also been in negotiation with LA and the Kings appear to remain in the mix.

Edited by DuckFan4Life

10 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

A sack full of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

A sack full of money.

I was going to reply: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but you beat me to it.

16 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

We have earthquakes. Less predictable. Maybe I'm the only one; but I have an earthquake panic attack everytime I'm on a freeway interchange during rush hour when I'm just stuck there.

I was teasing my friend over the McLellan to Kings rumors. He was less than enthusiastic.

Also what the ... is Buffalo thinking?! They have the same losing culture that plagues Edmonton.

[edit] Don't ask why, I'm not sure myself but I always kinda hope for the best for Buffalo. Maybe it's simply an Eastern team that I have little to no contact with their fan base (e.g they don't annoy me). I always wish them the best though. And it was fun to watch Miller at the top of his game.

Edited by poum

4 hours ago, poum said:

I was teasing my friend over the McLellan to Kings rumors. He was less than enthusiastic.

Also what the ... is Buffalo thinking?! They have the same losing culture that plagues Edmonton.

[edit] Don't ask why, I'm not sure myself but I always kinda hope for the best for Buffalo. Maybe it's simply an Eastern team that I have little to no contact with their fan base (e.g they don't annoy me). I always wish them the best though. And it was fun to watch Miller at the top of his game.

At least Buffalol would've been a challenge way back in '07. They kinda don't suck org wise. Tampa is pretty cool too.

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

At least Buffalol would've been a challenge way back in '07. They kinda don't suck org wise. Tampa is pretty cool too.

Ottawa should have never been in the finals that year...you're right, Buffalo would have actually been a challenge for us. I remember, when I saw Ottawa won game 7 and I went to buy my finals tickets...could only afford 1 game, 2 tickets...and I had Game 2 open...and Game 5...and I went with Game 2 ultimately 'cause I really thought there was a good chance of a sweep and didn't want to miss a finals game.

Hindsight is what it is, but I don't regret my decision. Game was a great game! And the other finals game I went to was Game 4 in '03...so apparently when I go to a finals game Giguere gets a shutout and we win 1-0 :P 

• Like 3

Todd McLellan is no longer a consideration to be the head coach in BUF. The Sabres identified McLellan as a candidate and had some dialogue this week but an offer/deal was never formalized/finalized. The expectation is McLellan may be the next head coach in LA.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Philadelphia FlyersVerified account @NHLFlyers

BREAKING: The #Flyers have named Alain Vigneault as the 21st head coach in franchise history!

Vigneault signs for $25 M over five years according to a source

I would have liked Vigneault in Anaheim, but that's a pretty rich contract. Too rich for our blood, probably.

I'm still holding out hope that GMBM has Adam Oates on his short list.

As we’ve been the lead all the way through Todd McLellan to Kings saga, here’s finality:

Hearing McLellan will be announced as new LA Kings coach very soon.

McLellan has signed a five-year contract worth around $25 million depending on bonuses. But ball park is around $5 M per year on average according to sources

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

McLellan has signed a five-year contract worth around $25 million depending on bonuses. But ball park is around $5 M per year on average according to sources

I would hate to eat my words, but I'm fine with this.  McL has NOT shown he's good at reviving a team brimming with adversity.

Totally agree. 

@helenenothelen Will Jim Montgomery's success to date with the Dallas Stars make NHL general managers more open to hiring college coaches? Maybe instead of endlessly recycling the same folks who have failed with other NHL teams?

Totally agree. 

@helenenothelen Will Jim Montgomery's success to date with the Dallas Stars make NHL general managers more open to hiring college coaches? Maybe instead of endlessly recycling the same folks who have failed with other NHL teams?

I agree also. However, Bob Murray is arguably the most likely GM to hire a re-tread lol.