The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Coach/Lines for 2019-20 Season:

With recent signings by our Ducks which should not surprise us Ducks Lineup if things move forward Here is What I feel Ducks Lineup should look like:

Forwards

Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell

Shore-Henrique-Silfverberg

Ritchie-Grant-Kase

Deslaurier-Rowney-Sprong/Terry

Defence Corps

Lindholm-Fowler

Guhle-Manson

Holzer-Hankapaa/Larsson

Goaltending

Gibson

Miller

Stolarz

Keep in mind though this is just rough draft of what I feel is Ducks Lineup when Puck Drops for 26th Season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

we never win a faked Draft-Lottery...

I said it before the Lottery: COL would be the 4th pick and CHI would be a top 3, I had also Rangers (DET and MTL) on the board.... ... CHI, NJ and NYR have all a big market....

I'm not sold on this. If it was rigged I would think they'd give a top 3 pick to the kings. They haven't been very good for a while now. More so than Chicago and New York.

9 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I'm not sold on this. If it was rigged I would think they'd give a top 3 pick to the kings. They haven't been very good for a while now. More so than Chicago and New York.

Kings I had also on the radar. They are top 3 next season with Detroit too. I think the top pick goes to one of these two. Mtl also always high because canadian team too. 

Look the last years, Oilers how much they won the lottery? 3-4 times... Thats (almost) not possible mathematically.

Arizona and Canucks lost every year some places. 

How mathematically can in the last 3-4 years comes a 10+ spot in the top 3?! (Caro, Philly, Chicago) They have about 2-3%! Realistic, how that can be possible in 3 consecutive seasons?

On 7/4/2019 at 9:44 AM, Spike1981 said:

we never win a faked Draft-Lottery...

I said it before the Lottery: COL would be the 4th pick and CHI would be a top 3, I had also Rangers (DET and MTL) on the board.... ... CHI, NJ and NYR have all a big market....

So, predicting colorado getting the 4th pick means nothing. While they have the best odds of getting the #1, there is still a good chance they get bumped down as there are 14 other teams that could have been picked 1 - 3.

You are incorrect about NJ having a big market. In fact, they have one of the smaller markets in the NHL yet they got 2 #1 picks in the past 3 years. We can thank Taylor Hall for that!

Bettman and Co are just not smart enough to rig something where NOTHING NOTHING THONTGNTONTGNTONTNOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING ANYWHERE NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOBODY NOTHING NOTHNNING NOTHING NOTHING for it to be leaked or suspicious or whatever by now by ANYONE. That sentence didn't even make sense, but neither do your points lol If there was some GIANT conspiracy (which is what you are insinuating) the amount of effort, money, and intelligence to keep it THIS quiet for THIS long is impossible. Especially in today's day and age.

Bettman and Co have been nothing but transparent and consistent from day 1 with what they actually want. They want the sport to grow into the smaller markets and around the world. This is why they very CLEARLY rigged the Vegas ED in Vegas' favor. They even SAID this. This is why they have so many bigger outdoor games and are going around the world. This is why they are trying to create more teams around the country. This is why they bought Arizona.

If this thing was rigged...to stay consistent with their goals...Edmonton wouldn't have gotten as many 1st rounders as they got. Arizona would have gotten Matthews. But it's not rigged. Because as much as everyone hates Bettman for all the stupid decisions he makes, he makes them fairly. They are dumb most of the time. And I disagree with a lot. But they aren't being done illegally.

Bettman and Co don't actually care who wins. I mean, they care that teams compete and create a competitive league. But ultimately who wins they don't care. They care about boosting sales for teams that are having a difficult time. When it comes to business that makes the most sense. The Hawks and Rangers are 2 of the most successful monetary teams in the league. Looking at it strictly business-wise, you get waaaay more bang for your buck having one of the other smaller markets get those players. They don't get those players, their sales might not even change. These players will move the needle, yeah, but they move the needle A LOT more going to a different team.

Sorry, I'm just really anti conspiracy theories. Especially when the basis is from some random person (as in, not someone directly involved with the process) who makes a bunch of predications and some of them come true. Technically only 50% of what you said actually came true. Montreal and Detroit didn't make it into the top 3. Predict at a higher rate for 5 years in a row and then I'll start to think maybe there's something going on.

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

Neither am I yet some felt necessary to speak on the Draft Lottery since they feel it favors Big city markets.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Looking at it strictly business-wise, you get waaaay more bang for your buck having one of the other smaller markets get those players.

you can sell more jerseys and some shop stuff in the big market... and as I said, 3x 3% are in the top 3... what is mathematically the chance for that, 0.1% or lower?

Colorado had 50% to take a top 3... but they not wanted there a top 3 beside young players like Rantanen, MacKinnon, Landeskog... they have already some superstars. Rangers not, Chicago has some superstars, but they are all over 30, they need new market for sell shop stuff.. btw. Pittsburgh was almost bankrupt... then came Crosby...

I know, its speculative, but its not a think worth?!

23 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

you can sell more jerseys and some shop stuff in the big market... and as I said, 3x 3% are in the top 3... what is mathematically the chance for that, 0.1% or lower?

Colorado had 50% to take a top 3... but they not wanted there a top 3 beside young players like Rantanen, MacKinnon, Landeskog... they have already some superstars. Rangers not, Chicago has some superstars, but they are all over 30, they need new market for sell shop stuff.. btw. Pittsburgh was almost bankrupt... then came Crosby...

I know, its speculative, but its not a think worth?!

That's the only one I kinda get suspicious about haha

Like...wasn't Lemieux already housing Crosby before the lottery??? I dunno...that one...definitely a think worth

Another signing Folks Andreas Martinsen has signed 1 year 2 way deal with the Ducks...a Gulls signing.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Eric StephensVerified account @icemancometh
FollowingFollowing @icemancometh
More

Chase De Leo is the only Ducks player that has filed for salary arbitration. Justin Kloos was eligible but did not do so. Otherwise, should be a relatively quiet summer as far as contracts for current organizational players.

what he wants? what they offered him?

What do y'all think of these lines? 

-Comtois   -Getzlaf  -Kase

-Rakell      -Steel    -Silfverberg

-Jones      -Henrique -Terry

-Ritchie     -Shore      -Sprong

-Lindholm -Manson

-Fowler     -Hakanpaa

-Guhle      -Larsson

-Gibson 

-Miller

1 hour ago, duck123 said:

-Lindholm -Manson

-Fowler     -Hakanpaa

-Guhle      -Larsson

-Gibson 

-Miller

Forward lines are solid, although they look defensively suspect. 

The defensive pairings are terrifying. Larsson, Guhle and Hakanpaa have combined 82 games of NHL experience between them. Gibby is going to get killed if GMBM doesn’t bring in another legit NHL D-man.

43 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Forward lines are solid, although they look defensively suspect. 

The defensive pairings are terrifying. Larsson, Guhle and Hakanpaa have combined 82 games of NHL experience between them. Gibby is going to get killed if GMBM doesn’t bring in another legit NHL D-man.

I think you're right that Ducks will likely bring in another NHL D-man. Would not be surprised if it is Dion Phaneuf. He will likely come cheap, and be out to prove he is still an elite defenseman. He can still check with the best of them. I wouldn't mind seeing him on a pairing with Fowler. I always thought if we got Phaneuf in the past that a pairing with Fowler would be sort of be like a poor-man's pairing that existed when Niedermeyer was with Stephens. Manson is great with Lindholm, and provides some edge on that pairing, along with being able to bring some offense. And Phaneuf would definitely bring some edge on the Fowler pairing. Maybe players wouldn't take as many runs at Fowler if they know Phaneuf is on the ice. Also, Phaneuf scored 20 goals his rookie year. So, he can chip in with a goal or two when we need him to. One more thing--his wife is an actress that has been in some pretty well-known things. I'm guessing she'd love to stay near Hollywood. It just makes too much sense not to sign him. We shall see if I am right.

Let's go Ducks! 

Edited by duck123

I actually wouldn’t mind Phanuef if the price was right. Experience and grit. He’s not what he used to be but could be a bit of a Beauchemin reboot. Bargain Bin Bob would at sign a former captain, Olympian and all star. Better than a no namer. 1 yr 1-1.5 mil maybe performance bonus.

Edited by ike-1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, duck123 said:

-Lindholm -Manson

-Fowler     -Hakanpaa

-Guhle      -Larsson

-Gibson 

-Miller

I think replace shore with Lundestrom. He looked damn good to me last season while he was here. Not a ton of points but he showed good poise and puck control. Is Shore a natural center or was that an experiment? He will never replace Cogs no mater how hard they want him to be.

Edited by ike-1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

I think replace shore with Lundestrom. He looked damn good to me last season while he was here. Not a ton of points but he showed good poise and puck control. Is Shore a natural center or was that an experiment? He will never replace Cogs no mater how hard they want him to be.

Lundestrom would actually be great in the lineup also. Too bad one of our young players is going to be on the outside looking in. Guess we'll see how they play in Training Camp, and see who earns a roster spot. 

Also, I think you could be right that we might be able to get Phaneuf at the price range you mentioned above. That could end up being a steal, considering that Dion has never really had many down years, with the exception of last year. Not sure I would count that though since mostly everybody on the Kings had bad years last year.

2 hours ago, duck123 said:

I think you're right that Ducks will likely bring in another NHL D-man. Would not be surprised if it is Dion Phaneuf. He will likely come cheap, and be out to prove he is still an elite defenseman. He can still check with the best of them. I wouldn't mind seeing him on a pairing with Fowler. I always thought if we got Phaneuf in the past that a pairing with Fowler would be sort of be like a poor-man's pairing that existed when Niedermeyer was with Stephens. Manson is great with Lindholm, and provides some edge on that pairing, along with being able to bring some offense. And Phaneuf would definitely bring some edge on the Fowler pairing. Maybe players wouldn't take as many runs at Fowler if they know Phaneuf is on the ice. Also, Phaneuf scored 20 goals his rookie year. So, he can chip in with a goal or two when we need him to. One more thing--his wife is an actress that has been in some pretty well-known things. I'm guessing she'd love to stay near Hollywood. It just makes too much sense not to sign him. We shall see if I am right.

Let's go Ducks! 

He was never one. Besides, he's had almost a decade to prove those early years in Calgary weren't a fluke and he's only declined ever since. I know Bob loves to sort through the greasiest dumpsters at this point of the summer but we can still do a lot better than the worst player on a putrid Kings squad. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

He was never one. Besides, he's had almost a decade to prove those early years in Calgary weren't a fluke and he's only declined ever since. I know Bob loves to sort through the greasiest dumpsters at this point of the summer but we can still do a lot better than the worst player on a putrid Kings squad. 

He and Sutter have a lot of ties between the Flames and Kings. With him as an advisor I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t brought up.

but also, what would Mr Getzlaf have to say about it? They hated each other it seemed at times.

Edited by ike-1

Phaneuf should be retiring, unless a gm makes a huge mistake.  The Ducks do need to acquire a veteran, but I could see gmbm waiting into training camp to see what he has before figuring out who to replace.  An early 30s blueliner with a solid reputation as a crease clearer and a respectable +/- for three years would help.  Just need to find a team that needs a good passing defenseman and has too many crease clearers.

Truth is, Lindholm has the build to crease clear, but he'll have to show he can do it in camp. Same for Manson. If they show up in camp, there may be no need for a trade afterall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, duck123 said:

-Lindholm -Manson

-Fowler     -Hakanpaa

-Guhle      -Larsson

-Gibson 

-Miller

There some lines I disagree with.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, ike-1 said:

I actually wouldn’t mind Phanuef if the price was right. Experience and grit. He’s not what he used to be but could be a bit of a Beauchemin reboot. Bargain Bin Bob would at sign a former captain, Olympian and all star. Better than a no namer. 1 yr 1-1.5 mil maybe performance bonus.

Oh please God no. If we're talking about whether the price is right for Phaneuf, I bid zero dollars, Bob.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, duck123 said:

Lundestrom would actually be great in the lineup also. Too bad one of our young players is going to be on the outside looking in. Guess we'll see how they play in Training Camp, and see who earns a roster spot. 

Also, I think you could be right that we might be able to get Phaneuf at the price range you mentioned above. That could end up being a steal, considering that Dion has never really had many down years, with the exception of last year. Not sure I would count that though since mostly everybody on the Kings had bad years last year.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Never had many down years?  They've ALL been down years since 2009!  That was 10 years ago! He makes Kevin Bieksa's last season look like prime Nick Lidstrom.  No Phaneuf!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Never had many down years?  They've ALL been down years since 2009!  That was 10 years ago! He makes Kevin Bieksa's last season look like prime Nick Lidstrom.  No Phaneuf!

I was going to mention something about the 'elite' play of phaneuf but thought maybe I'm the crazy one here. I think he was a decent defenseman though in Toronto and Ottawa but now he's barely able to crack a teams roster. Idk but I would probably pass on him, even if we sign him for cheap. I don't want anymore pylons on the blue line. I'm tired of them but Bob sure likes them so who knows this probably has Bob Murray reclamation project written all over it. The problem is, how many of Bob's projects actually work out? Though the risk is low, it usually ends up being a waste of money and a roster spot. 

10 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Oh please God no. If we're talking about whether the price is right for Phaneuf, I bid zero dollars, Bob.

There are other Defence that would fit well into Ducks Hockey Gorby..

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Buffalo just got Jokiharu from Chicago for the other Nylander brother. After also getting Colin Miller, the table is pretty much set to trade Ristolainen. Potentially here to Anaheim.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Buffalo just got Jokiharu from Chicago for the other Nylander brother. After also getting Colin Miller, the table is pretty much set to trade Ristolainen. Potentially here to Anaheim.

Is that the rumor? Like...that's what people are saying around the league? or just a guess on your part?

46 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Is that the rumor? Like...that's what people are saying around the league? or just a guess on your part?

It’s a guess on my part. Risto seems like a guy that Murray would be all about to plug that glaring RHD spot. Not to mention, there aren’t really teams more desperate for a RHD than the Ducks when you look outside of the Atlantic Division. Barrie and Ceci are gone so the market has tightened and I think that would increase the odds of him coming to Anaheim. If Murray pulls the trigger on a RHD, I’d be surprised if it’s for anyone other than Ristolainen or maybe Pesce from Carolina at this point. Pesce has been in the rumor mill but it’s still uncertain whether he’ll be moved at all, where as Risto is all but gone after the moves Buffalo has made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

As I say...I think it's long overdue for the Ducks to pull off a Big Trade.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, hoxxey said:

or not...

Why you say that...just a feeling I have. i must be getting old at my age of 38.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck