The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Coach/Lines for 2019-20 Season:

I wish I had your enthusiasm for GMBM.  I just don't have it.  I don't think he will do anything until it's too late, just like last season.  He will bring in someone cheap and one that doesn't fit the need.  I hope I am hopelessly wrong about that though.

42 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

I wish I had your enthusiasm for GMBM.  I just don't have it.  I don't think he will do anything until it's too late, just like last season.  He will bring in someone cheap and one that doesn't fit the need.  I hope I am hopelessly wrong about that though.

Who did he bring in last season too late??? 

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Who knows what will happen in 19-20 season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Himself as coach?

Yeah...  He let the RC project in play WAY too long...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Yeah...  He let the RC project in play WAY too long... 

oh yes... too long or too short... either you fire him after the first losing streak or you wait till the end of the season because of the draft position.

I don't think a big trade is nessesary. wait till after the ED. I would like to trade some Picks till then. so you don't lose a good player at the ED. at the moment we lose a good player from the offense.... Rakell, Getzlaf, Terry, Steel, Jones, Kase, Silfverberg you can protect... Henrique, Sprong, Ritchie, Lundestrom not (if they would the first 7 protect)... also in the defense you can't protect Guhle, Larsson... that could give us 5-6 first rounder for this players.... or we lose one of them for nothing...

Edited by Spike1981

25 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

oh yes... too long or too short... either you fire him after the first losing streak or you wait till the end of the season because of the draft position.

I don't think a big trade is nessesary. wait till after the ED. I would like to trade some Picks till then. so you don't lose a good player at the ED. at the moment we lose a good player from the offense.... Rakell, Getzlaf, Terry, Steel, Jones, Kase, Silfverberg you can protect... Henrique, Sprong, Ritchie, Lundestrom not (if they would the first 7 protect)... also in the defense you can't protect Guhle, Larsson... that could give us 5-6 first rounder for this players.... or we lose one of them for nothing...

I'm pretty sure Henrique will be protected. Ducks signed him for another five season with the intention that he will be part of the core while the team transitions after Getzlaf retires. While forwards are a dime a dozen in this league the same cannot be said for solid responsible centers.  

2 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I'm pretty sure Henrique will be protected. Ducks signed him for another five season with the intention that he will be part of the core while the team transitions after Getzlaf retires. While forwards are a dime a dozen in this league the same cannot be said for solid responsible centers.  

I never wrote it in stone. I only wrote 7 players and the rest on the unprotected list. the problem is, who you don't want protected from the other 7? Silfverberg? Rakell? Kase? one of the 3 junior guy? or Getzy?

I don't want lose Lundeström and Henrique as Guhle or Larsson for nothing. and Sprong/Ritchie are both still young, Ritchie had his best season...

Getzlaf doesn't have to be protected in the Seattle expansion draft. He'll be UFA then.

13 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Himself as coach?

oh yeah! haha I was totally just thinking players and couldn't think of any

4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

I never wrote it in stone. I only wrote 7 players and the rest on the unprotected list. the problem is, who you don't want protected from the other 7? Silfverberg? Rakell? Kase? one of the 3 junior guy? or Getzy?

I don't want lose Lundeström and Henrique as Guhle or Larsson for nothing. and Sprong/Ritchie are both still young, Ritchie had his best season...

one of the 3 junior guy. Henrique is  a proven commodity. As good as these 3 juniors might be, losing one of them won't be as bad as losing Theodore to Vegas. The Ducks lived through that.

Edited by Shadowduck
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

This too me is a backwards way of thinking about the ed. Why should we wait to get better just because someone good can be chosen from our team. So yeah let's wait for another two years to really do anything, wait for our team to get worse. Might as well have kept RC for two years and just straight tanked for the picks. Sure you lose fans and the hockey is garbage but at least we get the picks. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Yeah, but you’re going to lose something of value though regardless. Losing Henrique to Seattle could be the best scenario for the Ducks. Assuming Getzlaf will sign a retirement contract, you have Zegras and hopefully Steel solidifying center roles with Rakell and then Jones, Comtois, McLaughin, Tracey vying for LW roles within the next two years. There may not be a need for him. Not mention him being almost 32 at nearly $6 mil per for 3 years, I can see the Ducks in a position to not use a protection slot on him and actively trying to move his contract out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, but you’re going to lose something of value though regardless. Losing Henrique to Seattle could be the best scenario for the Ducks. Assuming Getzlaf will sign a retirement contract, you have Zegras and hopefully Steel solidifying center roles with Rakell and then Jones, Comtois, McLaughin, Tracey vying for LW roles within the next two years. There may not be a need for him. Not mention him being almost 32 at nearly $6 mil per for 3 years, I can see the Ducks in a position to not use a protection slot on him and actively trying to move his contract out.

come on, you have no idea how good those players will turn out to be, except for Hank, and he's proven NHL material and likely (more likely than any of the rooks) to be a major pillar for the team moving forward.

39 minutes ago, Fisix said:

come on, you have no idea how good those players will turn out to be, except for Hank, and he's proven NHL material and likely (more likely than any of the rooks) to be a major pillar for the team moving forward.

I agree that if most of our prospects turn out to be real duds then it certainly changes things. If that happens and Henrique is still the 2nd best center on the Ducks in two years (after Getzlaf) then it’s going to be not so fun times in Anaheim. I don’t see them contending at all in that case. Honestly, I’ll be surprised if Zegras doesn’t at least surpass him by then. Hank is a solid NHLer but he’s not going to carry or drive a franchise, especially on the backend of his career. If his spot and money could be filled and better used somewhere then I think the Ducks are in a stronger long-term position.

13 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I agree that if most of our prospects turn out to be real duds then it certainly changes things. If that happens and Henrique is still the 2nd best center on the Ducks in two years (after Getzlaf) then it’s going to be not so fun times in Anaheim. I don’t see them contending at all in that case. Honestly, I’ll be surprised if Zegras doesn’t at least surpass him by then. Hank is a solid NHLer but he’s not going to carry or drive a franchise, especially on the backend of his career. If his spot and money could be filled and better used somewhere then I think the Ducks are in a stronger long-term position.

I think so too...so much young Talent Ducks have their right now.....with Dallas things can be good for the Futures of the team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

23 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Ducks signed Michael Del Zotto. 1 year, 750k

[sigh]

Sorry Gibby.

:(

9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

[sigh]

Sorry Gibby.

:(

Murray is really tripling down on his bargain bin, throw something at the wall and see if it sticks philosophy with defensemen. He should just give Gibson half of the season off right now 

• Like 1

Looks like it was a match made in heaven. Murray gets his thrift store discount rack defender while Del Zotto gets to live near the heart of the adult entertainment industry for another round. I'm just happy it wasn't Phaneuf.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Looks like it was a match made in heaven. Murray gets his thrift store discount rack defender while Del Zotto gets to live near the heart of the adult entertainment industry for another round. I'm just happy it wasn't Phaneuf.

Yeah, maybe Murray will sign Ron Jeremy next to really add some depth and round out the roster. Definitely better than signing pylon Dion and he didn’t give up an asset. 

27 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

That's the best he could come up with? 

As long as Gibson is reclining on the bench for 40 games, then we should survive the season 

I rest my case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

i think that if we can't make Hank a significant contributor while out from under RC, there's not a lot of hope for the team.  at some point, you can't simply say the players "are on the backend of their career" when you have a lot of raw talent hanging around and you aren't turning it into a playoff team.  For that matter, Hank is an excellent measuring stick for team development.  He listens and is motivated, and he can take advantage of a smoothly running and consistent line.  There's a hint he got demotivated under the unfortunate circumstances of last season(s), but if i remember right, pretty much all the players were (certainly Getz was), many to deeper depths than Hank.  Silf had some shining leaderhip moments during that period, and i'd definitely put him above Hank for a solid portion of the last 1-2 thirds of last season, but i see Hank and Silf as having basically similar raw skills and athleticism.

It'll be interesting if their paths diverge this season, or if they move up together. 

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That's a lot to pay for an AHL coach, isn't it?

Murray is really tripling down on his bargain bin, throw something at the wall and see if it sticks philosophy with defensemen. He should just give Gibson half of the season off right now 

He just did. With MDZ patrolling the blue line, Gibson is sure to spend at least half the season on IR with rubber poisoning. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i think that if we can't make Hank a significant contributor while out from under RC, there's not a lot of hope for the team.  at some point, you can't simply say the players "are on the backend of their career" when you have a lot of raw talent hanging around and you aren't turning it into a playoff team.  For that matter, Hank is an excellent measuring stick for team development.  He listens and is motivated, and he can take advantage of a smoothly running and consistent line.  There's a hint he got demotivated under the unfortunate circumstances of last season(s), but if i remember right, pretty much all the players were (certainly Getz was), many to deeper depths than Hank.  Silf had some shining leaderhip moments during that period, and i'd definitely put him above Hank for a solid portion of the last 1-2 thirds of last season, but i see Hank and Silf as having basically similar raw skills and athleticism.

It'll be interesting if their paths diverge this season, or if they move up together. 

I guess that depends on what a significant contributor is. If he tops 40 pts next year then I think that is pretty solid, even though it doesn't live up to his contract. If he has the intangible leadership skills and can help with the transition for the next year or two then I think he's worth it. I'm not saying to trade him now (unless you can somehow parlay it into a center upgrade) but by the time the ED hits, he could very well be expendable and that the Ducks' may not want to use a protection slot on him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Phaneuf and Getzlaf in the same locker room? What could wrong with that?