Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Coach/Lines for 2019-20 Season:

Recommended Posts

Not sure what it would take for the Rangers to trade their number 2 overall draft pick to the Ducks. I doubt they will pass on the opportunity to draft either Hughes or Kakko. But you never know. If we offered both of our Round 1 draft picks, Ritchie, and maybe even our first round draft pick from last season, who made the team his rookie year--Lundestrom--they might be willing to trade? I know that would be a lot for us to give up. And the Rangers might not think that is enough to trade their pick. After all, Lundestrom lasted only a few games. However, they would get a pretty nice return. Lundestrom and Ritchie, and both of our first round draft picks, for their second overall pick.  Not bad, if you ask me. Not likely, though. If Kakko is available, I doubt they pass on drafting him. But one can dream, can't they? LOL. 

Edited by duck123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duck123 said:

Not sure what it would take for the Rangers to trade their number 2 overall draft pick to the Ducks. I doubt they will pass on the opportunity to draft either Hughes or Kakko. But you never know. If we offered both of our Round 1 draft picks, Ritchie, and maybe even our first round draft pick from last season, who made the team his rookie year--Lundestrom--they might be willing to trade? I know that would be a lot for us to give up. And the Rangers might not think that is enough to trade their pick. After all, Lundestrom lasted only a few games. However, they would get a pretty nice return. Lundestrom and Ritchie, and both of our first round draft picks, for their second overall pick.  Not bad, if you ask me. Not likely, though. If Kakko is available, I doubt they pass on drafting him. But one can dream, can't they? LOL. 

Yeah, they aren’t passing up on Kakko or Hughes. The Rangers are in a rebuild and need  their next marquee player to help carry the franchise (something that the Ducks need). Which they are now going to get. That’s more valuable than anything that the Ducks could realistically offer them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

No way we give up that much to draft at four. 

From everything I've read, there's not really a can't-miss prospect after you get past Kakko/Hughes.  The guys from 3 - 10 are all fairly similar.  I don't think it makes sense to give much to move up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

From everything I've read, there's not really a can't-miss prospect after you get past Kakko/Hughes.  The guys from 3 - 10 are all fairly similar.  I don't think it makes sense to give much to move up.

Besides that, we would have a huge hole on the blue line and give up two firsts. That's too much for our organization. Maybe one of the bigger markets would go for something like that but not us. I just don't see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, MooseDuck said:

Anyone Guess or think Bob is going to pull a trade?. Either way IF our Ducks are going to inject some youth...We may see Young Guns like Steel,Comtios,Jones and few others earn Spots in 19-20 season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Trade Larsson.. still not computing how so many people are high on him after this season. Kid is average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

Trade Larsson.. still not computing how so many people are high on him after this season. Kid is average. 

I think it's too early to write him off.  But I don't disagree with you that he was really bad last season.  I think average is way overselling it.  His trade value right now might still be above zero, but it can't be by much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 3:26 PM, duck123 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ritchie traded, along with our 9th overall draft pick, to move up in the draft. 

I got a feeling it's going to take more then trading Ritchie and 9th overall Draft Pick to shake things up.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep.  and there's no way we're trading as many known skills sets as we'd have to, just to move up a few spots to draft a possible.

i really don't get all the hoopla.  before the recent hype, this draft was basically an also-ran as far as draft seasons go.  even for the top two recruits.  are you guys falling for the league's attempt at hyping the draft so that more than 1-2 fans/team watch it this year?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Weeellp here's crossing my fingers Cooper is available and we can snag him..... :)

They recently extended him so it’s not likely. Stoked for Columbus, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Weeellp here's crossing my fingers Cooper is available and we can snag him..... :)

Maybe that's what Bob was referring to as far as asking another team while they're still in the playoffs.... not anymore! Lol 😥 😥😥

But as someone mentioned it already. Maybe Bob wants to go after one of Tampa's assistants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect Jon Cooper to be fired by Tampa Bay within the next few days. Ducks should go after him.

Edited by FanSince1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

I expect Jon Cooper to be fired by Tampa Bay within the next few days. Ducks should go after him.

I do not.  I think that was a huge fluke, and Columbus is a very good team that underperformed all season.  Cooper is going to get at least one more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

I expect Jon Cooper to be fired by Tampa Bay within the next few days. Ducks should go after him.

Unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather the Ducks sign Jeff Halpern than Jon Cooper. No offense to Jon Cooper, but he never seems passionate on the bench. Jeff Halpern, in contrast, seems very passionate about coaching. Plus, Jeff Halpern was in charge of the Lightning forwards this season. He knows their system as well as anybody. Still hoping we sign Jeff Halpern to be our next head coach. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, yeaitsme said:

Trade Larsson.. still not computing how so many people are high on him after this season. Kid is average. 

Interesting choice....Ritchie and now Larsson...perhaps a Package deal to shock THE Ducks from the slumber and mediocrity. add maybe a first round for First Round Pick and Players/Prospect.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Athletic" had a very good article (by Eric Stephens) on Dallas Eakins. Very interesting read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, dtsdlaw said:

I don't understand. That's Torres getting a 41-game suspension for taking a run at Silfverberg's head during a preseason game between the Ducks and Sharks. What exactly qualifies as "crazy bad" if not this?

The Sharks have also employed other goons over the years. Remember when John Scott got a 4-game suspension for sucker punching the Ducks Tim Jackman several years ago? They've also employed the likes of Michael Haley for a number of seasons.

Torres + Haley + Scott is about as goony as you can get, no?

Ducks have iced their own share of goons. Pronger "stomping" on Kesler. Perry could be considered a goon depending on who you talk too. I think the Ducks have always employed "pests". Like the one year with Perry, Laperriere, and Ruutu.

It always rubbed me the wrong way the NHL banished Scott. Never liked him up until the ASG incident. But damn did the League do him dirty when you have total asshats like Wilson running around.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dukitup said:

"The Athletic" had a very good article (by Eric Stephens) on Dallas Eakins. Very interesting read. 

@TheAthleticLA Dallas Eakins heard the criticism as the Oilers coach: "Instead of going in and planting the seeds and letting the culture develop ... I went in there with a fraking blowtorch. And I burned it down."

 

@icemancometh on Eakins' possible next chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poum said:

Ducks have iced their own share of goons. Pronger "stomping" on Kesler. Perry could be considered a goon depending on who you talk too. I think the Ducks have always employed "pests". Like the one year with Perry, Laperriere, and Ruutu.

It always rubbed me the wrong way the NHL banished Scott. Never liked him up until the ASG incident. But damn did the League do him dirty when you have total asshats like Wilson running around.

Undeniably. I tend to characterize a “goon” as a player with little or no real hockey skill, so I don’t think Prongs and Pears are goons. They’re just dirty players. Parros and Shawn Thornton were goons.

That said, I wasn’t pointing fingers. I was just responding to a comment that the Sharks haven’t had goons and had never done anything crazy bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Undeniably. I tend to characterize a “goon” as a player with little or no real hockey skill, so I don’t think Prongs and Pears are goons. They’re just dirty players. Parros and Shawn Thornton were goons.

That said, I wasn’t pointing fingers. I was just responding to a comment that the Sharks haven’t had goons and had never done anything crazy bad.

I didn't want to bring up Parros. The guy could barely skate at first. And now he thinks he's the People's Tribune with player safety. Screw that guy.

[edit] Yeah, still bitter.

Edited by poum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@TheAthleticLA Dallas Eakins heard the criticism as the Oilers coach: "Instead of going in and planting the seeds and letting the culture develop ... I went in there with a fraking blowtorch. And I burned it down."

 

@icemancometh on Eakins' possible next chance.

And your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dukitup said:

And your point?

The point is that Eakins isn't too proud to have learned from his mistakes.  One of the big ones he made was alienating everyone around him by trying to revolutionize the team culture overnight.  When it didn't work, he had no allies and a bunch of players who didn't respect him.  It sounds like he understands that and knows that approach won't work.

I've said all along that I don't know if he's the right man for the job.  It's not like he's done wonders with the Gulls.  The players love him, but the actual performance has been good, not great.  I'm confident he'll be better than Carlyle, and I'd rather give Eakins a shot than a retread like Yeo.  However, I think there are almost certainly going to be better candidates available.  Those candidates might carry more risk because they're unknowns while Eakins is a known quantity.

I'm not going to post a long string of censored expletives if he's hired (like I did when Carlyle was rehired), but I'll be a little bummed the Ducks didn't take a chance on an up-and-comer with a higher coaching ceiling.  Eakins seems like a good guy though, and there's no denying the current group of youngsters really likes playing for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

He’s being honest and not making excuses for his failure. 

Fair enough. My initial reaction was you pointed that out as a reason for not hiring him. What do I know.

I hated the Carlyle rehire, and have been neutral on Eakins (even though I've always thought that's who Murray will eventually name as the new HC), but this article was eye opening for me. I'm much more comfortable with him as the next HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, poum said:

Ducks have iced their own share of goons. Pronger "stomping" on Kesler. Perry could be considered a goon depending on who you talk too. I think the Ducks have always employed "pests". Like the one year with Perry, Laperriere, and Ruutu.

It always rubbed me the wrong way the NHL banished Scott. Never liked him up until the ASG incident. But damn did the League do him dirty when you have total asshats like Wilson running around.

Agreed I’m a Ducks fan through and through but the reality is that the Ducks are no saint either. We sometimes need to take off the rose colored glasses. I think Bobby Ryan can be added to the stompers category as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@TheAthleticLA Dallas Eakins heard the criticism as the Oilers coach: "Instead of going in and planting the seeds and letting the culture develop ... I went in there with a fraking blowtorch. And I burned it down."

 

@icemancometh on Eakins' possible next chance.

Another reason I think Promoting Eakins would be Great for the Ducks as a whole.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

And why would the Ducks, with a loaded pipeline of good, NHL quality players with years of active service in the NHL ahead of them, not be a source for the key player(s) needed?  Why no mention of this potential?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 3:33 PM, SteveinTamarindo said:

And why would the Ducks, with a loaded pipeline of good, NHL quality players with years of active service in the NHL ahead of them, not be a source for the key player(s) needed?  Why no mention of this potential?

That’s the real question and debate to be had about the future of the Ducks is: what will the potential of these young players ultimately be? The article stated that the Ducks prospect pool is ranked more towards the bottom-third of the league according to most Professional Hockey-Knowers. I wouldn’t necessarily call that a loaded pipeline. Which would make sense after 6 years of making the postseason and the subsequent late draft slots. It correlates with why #1 is a lack of a true blue chip prospect and is spot on, IMO.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...