The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Coach/Lines for 2019-20 Season:

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
St. Louis’ Oskar Sundqvist will have a hearing today for Charging Anaheim’s John Gibson.
St. Louis’ Oskar Sundqvist has been fined $7,392.47, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for Charging Anaheim’s John Gibson.
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2019 at 7:25 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

Lindholm has missed fewer games over the last 6 years and so far this year so he isn’t anymore injury prone

Fowler - 67

Lindholm - 50

Lindholm and Fowler have both had numerous partners since their NHL debuts. RC splitting Lindholm and Manson last year was a huge mistake

Look at each player’s plus/minus over the same period.  Lindholm’s are far better and he and his defensive partner, no matter who it is, are up against the opposing team’s best players. Fowler also gets the majority of the PP time. 

Weird post. 

has cam missed any games so far this season?  Or are you talking about calendar year?

the fact that splitting Lindholm from Manson made a difference , helps my point. 

On the last bolded part - Lindholm has more often been paired with the typically better line mate. 

36 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Weird post. 

has cam missed any games so far this season?  Or are you talking about calendar year?

the fact that splitting Lindholm from Manson made a difference , helps my point. 

On the last bolded part - Lindholm has more often been paired with the typically better line mate. 

You didn't say this season. You said Lindholm seems to be injury prone. 

Not sure how it helps or hurts your point. The point is, they have both had many D partners and Lindholm seems to adjust whereas Cam stays the same.

I'm not going to research each's line mates, but I believe BM has been trying to find the right line mate for Cam. It turned out that Lindholm and Manson had chemistry for whatever reason.

• Like 1

A. Henrique  14:39
R. Getzlaf  17:27
N. Deslauriers  11:28
C. Rowney  15:52
D. Shore  12:29
J. Silfverberg  16:05
S. Steel  14:07
N. Ritchie  13:34
D. Grant  15:52
M. Jones  13:00
T. Terry  14:42
R. Rakell  17:34

B. Guhle  18:55
C. Fowler  23:33
K. Holzer  18:36
E. Gudbranson  18:52
M. Del Zotto  25:07
J. Mahura  11:24

Check out those minutes on DelZ!  Also, check out those minutes on Mahura  :(  If Mahura is sitting tonight, then this appears to be indicative why.  Mahura seems to be dinged up.

The forwards - pretty even, really.  FrenchyD is low because of reasons, but I'm glad the rest are generally in line, and that Getz is less than 18.

Hmm a couple of interesting points made in the Panthers gdt. Some mentioned the coaches head scratching decisions leading to goals against. I would also like to point out a few games back (?) where HCDE sent out Holzer and Larsson for the final minutes of the game. Holzer took a penalty and we were on a 5 on 3 and they pulled their goalie to score. 

So, there are some pretty bad decisions being made. So the question becomes, how much of the loss can be attributed to these decisions? I understand the players can't give up four goals but with some of the decisions being made can you blame them?

• Like 2

Looking at the TOIs from last night, it's fairly even, except Getz was max forward by about 3min at ~19 total, Max Jones was minimum forward at 11:30, minimum defensemen were Guhle and Larrson at 14, Holzer at 15, and the rest were above 22.

Little worried about MJ's low minutes, but the rest seems to fit in with a decent game.  Would prefer Getz not be maxed out, but I think he was making a statement that needed to be made.

More importantly, the team "dug in" and saw that their effort turned into a solid result - we need that positive feedback here and there.  We probably lucked out a bit with the Isles not getting the puck bounces and maybe just being exhausted from repeated efforts over 17+ games (it catches up, and no games are easy), but we at least were able to take advantage.  it would have been a dagger to the heart if we put up that kind of effort and still lost (this WILL happen at points in the season).

Really hope Larsson can figure it out. Team needs him to. He’s atrocious in the D zone. Next up, Holzer. I hope Manson is back sooner than later. 

4 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Really hope Larsson can figure it out. Team needs him to. He’s atrocious in the D zone. Next up, Holzer. I hope Manson is back sooner than later. 

Holzer has been playing well so I'm not sure why you want him to be next. Unless you think Guhle and Del Zotto have been better at which point I would have to disagree. 

The forwards are the ones that need to figure it out; putting the puck in the net.

5 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Holzer has been playing well so I'm not sure why you want him to be next. Unless you think Guhle and Del Zotto have been better at which point I would have to disagree. 

The forwards are the ones that need to figure it out; putting the puck in the net.

I want something different. Holzer has been awful with stretches of mild competence in my opinion. I’d rather see Mahura or Another kid. At least with the idea of improvement Holzer isn’t going to develop.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2019 at 6:55 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

Guhle at least shows flashes of genuine top-4 ability. Holzer is a 6/7 guy who is not going to get any better. I'd rather just play Guhle and have him continue to develop.

34 minutes ago, nieder said:

Guhle at least shows flashes of genuine top-4 ability. Holzer is a 6/7 guy who is not going to get any better. I'd rather just play Guhle and have him continue to develop.

When Manson is back, I wouldn’t mind a rotation on the bottom pair of Guhle, MDZ, and Holzer. Guhle could probably benefit from sitting out every 3rd or 4th game to watch and learn (and stay healthy since he seems to be fragile) so if he isn’t an every game player that’s a-ok.  A Guhle-MDZ pairing also puts one of them on their off-side, which doesn’t seem ideal for their skill set, so Holzer made be needed anyway. But I’d like to see if they can figure that right side out. And maybe it’d be worth developing one of those guys into a capable right-D depth player anyway... you know, in case of injuries when we sneak into the playoffs. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Teaford tweeting this morning from Ducks practice that Manson is on the ice, Comtois is on the ice, and Max Jones is in San Diego.

Edit: Apparently Mahura is also back.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Teaford tweeting this morning from Ducks practice that Manson is on the ice, Comtois is on the ice, and Max Jones is in San Diego.

Both Comtois and Mahura are up with the Ducks...Jones I am sure being assigned to SD will do him some Good.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 12/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, dtsdlaw said:

I had totally forgotten about Kumquat.  Was he injured or just sent down for not doing anything?  I can't even remember!

Hopefully Mahura isn't just up because we have days off.  But is he in any danger of activating some contractual thingie if he plays too many games and we risk losing him to Seattle?  I've lost track of that garbage, too.

It's nice to have Manson skating, but I'm assuming that's just step one to still a little bit more recovery.  So maybe ahead of schedule, but I doubt this means Friday.  At least I hope they don't rush him into that.  Heck, probably needs a rehab stint in SD first.

23 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I had totally forgotten about Kumquat.  Was he injured or just sent down for not doing anything?  I can't even remember!

Hopefully Mahura isn't just up because we have days off.  But is he in any danger of activating some contractual thingie if he plays too many games and we risk losing him to Seattle?  I've lost track of that garbage, too.

It's nice to have Manson skating, but I'm assuming that's just step one to still a little bit more recovery.  So maybe ahead of schedule, but I doubt this means Friday.  At least I hope they don't rush him into that.  Heck, probably needs a rehab stint in SD first.

Mahura is already eligible to be selected in the Seattle draft. He’ll have over two years of pro experience by the end of next season. I agree that I hope Manson isn’t being rushed back since there’s no need to do it. 

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Mahura is already eligible to be selected in the Seattle draft. He’ll have over two years of pro experience by the end of next season. I agree that I hope Manson isn’t being rushed back since there’s no need to do it. 

He was supposedly taking part in drills as Mahura’s partner. If he’s doing drills, and not just skating on his own, that means he’s very close. If not Friday against the Caps, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in against the Jets on Sunday. I don’t think we’ll see a conditioning stint either. You send a guy to San Diego if he’s missed 5 months due to surgery, not 5 weeks due to a sprain.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

He was supposedly taking part in drills as Mahura’s partner. If he’s doing drills, and not just skating on his own, that means he’s very close. If not Friday against the Caps, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in against the Jets on Sunday. I don’t think we’ll see a conditioning stint either. You send a guy to San Diego if he’s missed 5 months due to surgery, not 5 weeks due to a sprain.

Hopefully we will see Manson this month it would be a Boost in Ducks and Ducks Fans moral.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Teaford yesterday in the OC Register: https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/04/ducks-goalie-john-gibson-skips-practice-due-to-illness/

MANSON UPDATE
Josh Manson skated with his Ducks teammates for a third consecutive day Wednesday, joining them for their practice. He’s expected to do the same Thursday, and then he and the coaching and medical staffs will huddle to determine what comes next.

Manson could say he’s sound enough to play against the Capitals, making an appearance in the Ducks’ lineup for the first time since he sprained his knee during an Oct. 24 game in Dallas. But it’s more likely he won’t play as his recovery and rehabilitation extend into next week.

He had three points, all assists, in 11 games before he was injured while attempting to check Jason Dickinson of the Stars in the Ducks’ loss. The Ducks’ original estimate was that Manson would be sidelined for between five and 10 weeks.

The Ducks are determined to err on the side of caution with one of their top defensemen, preferring to keep him out until he’s past ready to rejoin the lineup. It’s more likely he accompanies the Ducks on a two-game trip to play the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday and the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday.

“We’ll see how he’s progressing,” Eakins said. “The hard thing for those guys is to replicate a game. You can do everything in practice, but in the end, those guys you’re going against are your teammates. Those guys you’re going against in the game, like the other night, they’re from L.A.

“The last step will be to get him up as tight as we can to a game situation.”

Today is exactly 6 weeks since the injury. It will be interesting to see who he practices with today. 

i'd prefer he not start with the Caps.  i think he should travel with the team, participate in team activities, but probably not even play until they get back from the trip.

shrug.  

13 hours ago, Fisix said:

i'd prefer he not start with the Caps.  i think he should travel with the team, participate in team activities, but probably not even play until they get back from the trip.

shrug.  

Per the OC Register, he was ruled out for the Washington game. Will travel with the team on the two game road trip.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dukitup said:

Per the OC Register, he was ruled out for the Washington game. Will travel with the team on the two game road trip.

Nothing wrong playing it safe.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck