The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Coach/Lines for 2019-20 Season:

48 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Who knows one thing we want is this team to bounce back...BM knows he can screw this up.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

He better Not. Because if he Does the Samuelis will find the tallest tree on Katella Ave for him. 

3 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

He better Not. Because if he Does the Samuelis will find the tallest tree on Katella Ave for him. 

I was suppose to say He knows he can't screw this up...Curse the Auto correct.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, hoxxey said:

it just shows lack of direction and the inability to act decisively.  Who needs a coach anyway?

If I was a betting man....and I am...I'd be betting that he's interested in the assistant coach for special teams or the defensive unit from Boston...and needs to wait till the finals are done to talk to him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i was just thinking that maybe they were waiting because the Blues coach is lined up.

Naw.  Can't be.  It's Eakins.

Eskins, Does is not a winning pedigree. We need someone who will lead the kids with the veterans Someone who preaches - Integrity,  Accountability, Commitment,

High energy & stay hungry. 

Don’t think Bob understands how the hiring process for a coach works any longer and plans on drafting a coach come June 21-22. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

Eskins, Does is not a winning pedigree. We need someone who will lead the kids with the veterans Someone who preaches - Integrity,  Accountability, Commitment,

High energy & stay hungry. 

So Randy then? Lol:P

Edited by g20topdogg

26 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@ocregister Ducks set to re-sign free agents Ryan Miller, Derek Grant, Korbinian Holzer

And so the fun begins! Can't wait until he picks up Heatley again.... or err I mean one of the top FA he could get his hands on..... err in September or maybe even December. He scored 50 goals though! 

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@ocregister Ducks set to re-sign free agents Ryan Miller, Derek Grant, Korbinian Holzer

I have no problem with Miller. I was surprised to see grant go last season and was hoping we resign him. Holzer is .... ok? I mean he's fine as a fill in but to say he cracks the top 6 is doubtful.

I'm just not going to expect anything significant this off season. Though Bob keeps talking about changes I'm not sure we make any big ones. Bob isn't known to pickup anyone except the low level FA or those who at one time scored 50. I will however be pleasantly surprised if something does come about as a result of the Perry buyout. 😁

1 hour ago, g20topdogg said:

And so the fun begins! Can't wait until he picks up Heatley again.... or err I mean one of the top FA he could get his hands on..... err in September or maybe even December. He scored 50 goals though! 

oh oh oh oh! i heard of this great free agent RW that is ripe for Bob's taking! He just got bought out...34 years old...maybe has some knee issues...but...he's very competitive! Once won the Hart!

• Haha 1

Super stoked on Miller. I hope he continues his amazing play. Grant is great. Holzer I assume wont be for much money and will be probably an AHLer/depth guy for our blue line.

Very happy with this. Miller for obvious reasons. Grantzlaf because he just fits this team so well as depth C. And Holzer because I think he is going to help the whole team adjust to Eakins. Eakins was Holzer's coach with the Gulls and with the Toronto Marlies, so he knows Eakins very well. Holzer is a perfect 7/8 D-man for this team too. Knows his role, accepts his role, and plays his role with max effort every time out. Great teammate also. He'll be the first to stand up for Steel and Terry if any opponents try to bully them. Happy to have him back.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Fisix said:

just wanted to note that i'm not sure we could have delayed a buy out with Corey, something about an intermingling of timing and the ED and the NMC.  

His contract would have ended before the entry draft. 

One thing I would like to add in for the Ducks when they begin their 26th season...However this team shapes up to be....I am certain we will see a team Revitalized and Rejuvenated.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Very happy with this. Miller for obvious reasons. Grantzlaf because he just fits this team so well as depth C. And Holzer because I think he is going to help the whole team adjust to Eakins. Eakins was Holzer's coach with the Gulls and with the Toronto Marlies, so he knows Eakins very well. Holzer is a perfect 7/8 D-man for this team too. Knows his role, accepts his role, and plays his role with max effort every time out. Great teammate also. He'll be the first to stand up for Steel and Terry if any opponents try to bully them. Happy to have him back.

Eric StephensVerified account @icemancometh
Deals for Korbinian Holzer ($850K) and Derek Grant ($700) are one-way. #NHLDucks
Ryan Miller's deal is worth $1.125 million for 2019-20.

41 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Eric StephensVerified account @icemancometh
Deals for Korbinian Holzer ($850K) and Derek Grant ($700) are one-way. #NHLDucks
Ryan Miller's deal is worth $1.125 million for 2019-20.

Sweet!

Honestly....if you have good to great goaltending...anything can happen in the playoffs. Usually when an unexpected run happens, it's due to a goalie playing out of his mind. And we have 2 that are capable of that.

If we trade Miller to the Shark at the deadline last year...which I believe the Sharks were looking to do?...I think they would have made it to the finals at least...or even won the Cup. They would have seen Jones as being too inconsistent and would have seen Miller as being very strong and consistent and make timely saves at the right time. Miller would have gone in net at some point in Round 3 (if not sooner) and stolen the show.

Anyway, lots of what ifs haha

EDIT:

This play by Jones: 

just for me seemed like the moment that the Sharks were truly done. That's tough to recover from....you need really strong leadership and mental strength (which I don't believe the Sharks have at all) to not be completely deflated after your goalie does that...close game, midway through the game, tied series...and then just one of the dumbest things you could do...

Edited by Jasoaks

3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Really good deal with Grant, yeah? I like him. 

Really good deals all 3!!

Grant I also would pay 1,5-2.0 mio. Miller too, Holzer was almost the only player with fire last season. But I wanted 2 years from them, because we maybe have problems 20-21 because buyout Perry 6.2 mio then...

-Comtois  -Steel -Rakell

-Jones  -Zegras  -Terry

-Tracey  -Lundestrom -Silfverberg 

Our team is looking very bright for the future, even after Getzlaf potentially retires in 2 years. 

Let's go Ducks!

On 6/20/2019 at 9:34 AM, g20topdogg said:

I have no problem with Miller. I was surprised to see grant go last season and was hoping we resign him. Holzer is .... ok? I mean he's fine as a fill in but to say he cracks the top 6 is doubtful.

So, you're saying fill-ins and backups don't require a contract?  I'm missing what your criticism is.

Fair warning if you're new at this... he's going to sign AHL players, too.  Only one or two signings will be potentially big.  Most are to fill a roster.  Can we PLEASE go a season without confusing roster signings with top signings?

Pretty please?

30 minutes ago, duck123 said:

-Comtois  -Steel -Rakell

-Jones  -Zegras  -Terry

-Tracey  -Lundestrom -Silfverberg 

Our team is looking very bright for the future, even after Getzlaf potentially retires in 2 years. 

Let's go Ducks!

Sherwood - Henrique - Kase

These guys are also in the mix. Hope Kase can keep away from any concussions. He plays with a lot of joy. Also really like Henrique. Just feel like he has never been given a specific role with the team. Feel he is undervalued and not used properly. Sherwood hustles every second he is on the ice. With a bit better hands he could bring more value.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

Sherwood - Henrique - Kase

These guys are also in the mix. Hope Kase can keep away from any concussions. He plays with a lot of joy. Also really like Henrique. Just feel like he has never been given a specific role with the team. Feel he is undervalued and not used properly. Sherwood hustles every second he is on the ice. With a bit better hands he could bring more value.

Good point! Let's put the line you mentioned as the 4th line. We can be like Detroit used to be. Have 4 really good lines. And our 4th line, which is very talented, can be sort of our most veteran line. So, with your line, our lineup would be: 

-Comtois  -Steel -Rakell

-Jones     -Zegras  -Terry

-Tracey   -Lundestrom  -Silfverberg

-Sherwood -Henrique  -Kase

LOOKS GOOD TO ME! This is assuming we don't lose any players in free agency, and that Zegras and Tracey are able to take the next step in a couple of years. And this is also assuming we don't re-sign Getzlaf in 2 years, because he chooses to retire. You never know, though. Maybe Getzlaf goes the path of Selanne and Thornton, and signs 1-year-deals after his current contract expires in 2 years. Would be great to keep him around on 1-year-deals. 

4 hours ago, duck123 said:

Good point! Let's put the line you mentioned as the 4th line. We can be like Detroit used to be. Have 4 really good lines. And our 4th line, which is very talented, can be sort of our most veteran line. So, with your line, our lineup would be: 

-Comtois  -Steel -Rakell

-Jones     -Zegras  -Terry

-Tracey   -Lundestrom  -Silfverberg

-Sherwood -Henrique  -Kase

LOOKS GOOD TO ME! This is assuming we don't lose any players in free agency, and that Zegras and Tracey are able to take the next step in a couple of years. And this is also assuming we don't re-sign Getzlaf in 2 years, because he chooses to retire. You never know, though. Maybe Getzlaf goes the path of Selanne and Thornton, and signs 1-year-deals after his current contract expires in 2 years. Would be great to keep him around on 1-year-deals. 

If this is a roster that contends, then it makes a big assumption that our prospects significantly out play their draft position. We would have so much more potential had Murray traded Vatanen for a package of picks rather than Henrique.

Not going to Lie but I am Thrilled to see what Ducks can do once the Puck Drop...It's going to important how they do in first 15 games when our team is ready to BE UNLEASHED and Seek Revenge.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If this is a roster that contends, then it makes a big assumption that our prospects significantly out play their draft position. We would have so much more potential had Murray traded Vatanen for a package of picks rather than Henrique.

Maybe, but we wouldn't have a had a center.

29 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Maybe, but we wouldn't have a had a center.

Yeah, but I would have been absolutely fine with that because the Ducks were not going to contend at all that season and were on a downward trajectory towards their rebuild/re-tool/ transition or whatever they want to call it. That's why it still baffles me that Murray wasted our biggest trading chip to try and salvage a season where the team wasn't going to be close to the Cup, let alone doing it for Henrique. It was just a short sided move that I think made getting back to the SCF more difficult in the long run. I would have rather utilized the picks from trading Vatanen to build up our prospect pool or maybe leverage them in a trade to bring in a younger, more quality player.

3 hours ago, gotchabari said:

I guess I just disagree with your valuation of Henrique and Vats, especially considering we got the extra AHL player with it. 

Yeah, I'm not high on Henrique unless he's in a 3C role. Trading Vatanen for him makes sense, to me at least, if you're going to make a run and you need to solidify that position behind a healthy Getzlaf and Kesler. Otherwise, I just don't get it. I still love that we got Blandisi in that trade and then traded him for Grant, who we let walk in free agency lol

You just gotta say this...BUT i am curious to see what the Ducks do on July 1st. It would not surprise me if they sign Depth players but of course we gotta wait and see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck