The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Coach/Lines for 2019-20 Season:

I’m guessing to the Gulls.

AHL playoff MVP Andrew Poturalski is going to ANA...Josiah Didier, who played on D for the winners from Charlotte, appears headed to BOS

I mean, I think we all know Bob wont be making any big signing today or in the next few days/weeks...but...man...I was hoping for a trade to get a coveted defenseman...still possible, but I dunno. I mean, I guess we shouldn't expect that either. Think about it, our cup window was open and all he did was get Kesler in the off-season...a great move, but that was when our cup window was clearly open for business. Right now, you compare us to 2014 off-season Ducks...we aren't even close to the same feeling. So...I don't think he sees wasting assets to get a good defenseman right now as the right move. If the team proves to be good in the season or pries open the window and we make a deep run or something...I could see making a bigger splash next off season or at the trade deadline. But right now...it's small moves. And I don't think we should expect anything else this whole summer.

13 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I mean, I think we all know Bob wont be making any big signing today or in the next few days/weeks...but...man...I was hoping for a trade to get a coveted defenseman...still possible, but I dunno. I mean, I guess we shouldn't expect that either. Think about it, our cup window was open and all he did was get Kesler in the off-season...a great move, but that was when our cup window was clearly open for business. Right now, you compare us to 2014 off-season Ducks...we aren't even close to the same feeling. So...I don't think he sees wasting assets to get a good defenseman right now as the right move. If the team proves to be good in the season or pries open the window and we make a deep run or something...I could see making a bigger splash next off season or at the trade deadline. But right now...it's small moves. And I don't think we should expect anything else this whole summer.

Expect anything?  Playoff run?  Cup window?  Man I wish I could get with that.

37 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I’m going to remain optimistic for one more week. We still have a glaring need at RHD and too many scoring wingers to fit into the lineup, so something’s gotta give eventually. The Bobby Ryan trade was also on July 5th, so it’s not like GMBM won’t make a major move after the UFA signing window opens.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Expect anything?  Playoff run?  Cup window?  Man I wish I could get with that.

I'm always expecting a playoff run lol 'cause man, honestly, once the season starts you don't know who's suddenly gonna have a crazy good season or whatever. Anything can happen if you get into the playoffs, especially when you have Gibson/Miller backstopping the team.

But until the season starts, I don't think the expectations are very high lol

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I’m going to remain optimistic for one more week. We still have a glaring need at RHD and too many scoring wingers to fit into the lineup, so something’s gotta give eventually. The Bobby Ryan trade was also on July 5th, so it’s not like GMBM won’t make a major move after the UFA signing window opens.

That's true. But I feel we all knew that was coming, it was just a matter of time. Same with the Kesler trade...we all knew it was coming. I don't feel like like there's something like that this off-season. We aren't in the big trade rumors or the big signing rumors. I agree we have that glaring hole...but that hole isn't really associated with anyone specific. Bob's only real comment on that hole is he doesn't care what hand someone shoots.

...I really hope we aren't looking to get Gardiner...

18 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Scoring? What's that? 😂

Edited by g20topdogg

27 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

That's true. But I feel we all knew that was coming, it was just a matter of time. Same with the Kesler trade...we all knew it was coming. I don't feel like like there's something like that this off-season. We aren't in the big trade rumors or the big signing rumors. I agree we have that glaring hole...but that hole isn't really associated with anyone specific. Bob's only real comment on that hole is he doesn't care what hand someone shoots.

...I really hope we aren't looking to get Gardiner...

Didn't he say a few months ago that one of his primary goals was to find a RHD to run the PP? Of course I can't find the quote now, but that's what my memory is. 

And it's not just any RHD. The Ducks need another legit top-4 D-man, regardless of which way they shoot. They can't afford to hang Gibby out to dry again this next season like they did last season. The top-4 needs to be stabilized if for no other reason than to protect our Vezina candidate. To me, the most discouraging part if GMBM doesn't find a trade for a top-4 defender is what it means to the health and safety of Gibby.

19 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Scoring? What's that? 😂

lol. It's what Kase does when he's not on IR, what Sprong does when he's not eating popcorn in the press box, and what Terry does when he doesn't have a broken leg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm always expecting a playoff run lol 'cause man, honestly, once the season starts you don't know who's suddenly gonna have a crazy good season or whatever. Anything can happen if you get into the playoffs, especially when you have Gibson/Miller backstopping the team.

But until the season starts, I don't think the expectations are very high lol

With the way things are going this offseason, the Ducks are a projected lottery team next year. My only hope is that they don't break Gibson, physically or mentally during that time.

Lafreniere 2020!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

With the way things are going this offseason, the Ducks are a projected lottery team next year. My only hope is that they don't break Gibson, physically or mentally during that time.

Lafreniere 2020!

This. Is Adam McQuaid still available? At this juncture I'd take McQuaid in a heartbeat just to keep opposing forwards honest and away from Gibby's crease.

51 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Andy Welinski signs with the Flyers.

I saw that as well. However, someone at TSN is not doing their job as they are showing the Ducks signed him.

10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

This. Is Adam McQuaid still available? At this juncture I'd take McQuaid in a heartbeat just to keep opposing forwards honest and away from Gibby's crease.

He's a UFA but he suffered a major concussion/head injury in March that he's still struggling with. I'd like him for that reason alone, but his health is a serious concern right now

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

Is one team less active then we today???

What signings are you regretting we didn't do?  Duchene, Panarin, etc.?   Just curious.  If we were one player away from the Cup, then I get it, but with us in mini rebuild mode, I'm not losing sleep over the inactivity. 

Myers @ 6M?    Stralman @ 5.5M?

Trades are a different story. I'm talking UFA's here.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dukitup said:

What signings are you regretting we didn't do?  Duchene, Panarin, etc.?   Just curious.  If we were one player away from the Cup, then I get it, but with us in mini rebuild mode, I'm not losing sleep over the inactivity. 

Myers @ 6M?    Stralman @ 5.5M?

Trades are a different story. I'm talking UFA's here.

Good, I hope for some trades, not this overpaid UFAs. maybe go after 1-2 round picks and do a real thing (real rebuild). Trade some guys like Shore, Henrique, Lindholm or so... we can only protect 3 defender for the ED... i would like a offer sheet for Laine or/and Connor too (as MTL did with Aho, 8.454 mio). Think jets have a lot more issues to match both then Canes.

Edited by Spike1981

27 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Is one team less smarter then we today???

FYP.

LOL at everyone bitching about bad deals here all the time and then today comes and they want to see more bad deals

• Haha 1

Megna goes to Vegas... for 700k....

nice, very nice no moves.... we have no depth in defense now... and today gave 2 for nothing. 

Edited by Spike1981

How is it possible that Justin Williams is still not signed?? Is that like a Teemu-Anaheim thing where he will only sign with Carolina if he decides to keep playing and he'll let the Canes know sometime in August when he gets tired of playing golf?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Megna goes to Vegas... nice, very nice no moves:(((((

I didn't think Welinski was coming back, but I thought Megna might be. [sigh.]  Between Anaheim and San Diego, the organization currently now has only nine defensemen under contract - Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Holzer, Guhle, Larsson, Mahura, Benoit, and Sieloff. Currently a little over $10M in cap space, with Eaves and Kesler still counting against the cap. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I didn't think Welinski was coming back, but I thought Megna might be. [sigh.]  Between Anaheim and San Diego, the organization currently now has only nine defensemen under contract - Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Holzer, Guhle, Larsson, Mahura, Benoit, and Sieloff. Currently a little over $10M in cap space, with Eaves and Kesler still counting against the cap. 

And the finn they signed this spring?? 10 defender and no injury proned defender in the lineup... 

And also both with cheap contracts and no return...

Edited by Spike1981
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Good, I hope for some trades, not this overpaid UFAs. maybe go after 1-2 round picks and do a real thing (real rebuild). Trade some guys like Shore, Henrique, Lindholm or so... we can only protect 3 defender for the ED... i would like a offer sheet for Laine or/and Connor too (as MTL did with Aho, 8.454 mio). Think jets have a lot more issues to match both then Canes.

Not necessarily.  Read our other option.

• Like 1

Usually we sign a few minor leaguers on ufa day.  Interesting.  Me thinks bmgm is waiting to see what might change with the next nhl - players contract.