The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
hoxxey

playoff game...

On 5/19/2019 at 3:48 PM, Spencer_12 said:

Sharks got run over by a semi truck in game 5. Hopefully they get what they deserve and St. Louis finishes them off at home in game 6. 

I hope the Sharks make the Finals and lose, so that they lose another 1st round pick while also not winning the Cup.

They would also lose their 2nd rounder next year due to the Nyquist trade.

So San Jose have no 1st or 2nd round pick in 2019 or 2020, and no 1st rounder in 2021 either, if they make the Finals this season.

Edited by nieder

50 minutes ago, nieder said:

I hope the Sharks make the Finals and lose, so that they lose another 1st round pick while also not winning the Cup.

They would also lose their 2nd rounder next year due to the Nyquist trade.

So San Jose have no 1st or 2nd round pick in 2019 or 2020, and no 1st rounder in 2021 either, if they make the Finals this season.

That doesn't happen if they lose NOW?

On top of all of that, I hope that they can't re-sign EK.

8 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

That doesn't happen if they lose NOW?

On top of all of that, I hope that they can't re-sign EK.

No. Well, some. They already don't have a first rounder this year or next year. But there are other picks with conditions dependent on them making the Finals. They lose their 2021 first round pick and their 2020 second round pick if they make the Finals this season.

Edited by nieder

3 hours ago, nieder said:

No. Well, some. They already don't have a first rounder this year or next year. But there are other picks with conditions dependent on them making the Finals. They lose their 2021 first round pick and their 2020 second round pick if they make the Finals this season.

Ahhh...well...it's just so risky to have them make it to the Finals...although....man...there would be some silver lining to that lol

Wes McCauley out with a hamstring injury. This game is about to get flushed down the toilet after 10 minutes of beautiful flow.

SJ is missing Karlsson, Hertl, and Pavelski in this game. Hopefully this is part of the hockey gods raining down fierce judgement.

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

Wes McCauley out with a hamstring injury. This game is about to get flushed down the toilet after 10 minutes of beautiful flow.

Well that sucks, they really need him for the Finals since half of their veteran refs have already been dumped due to errors.

19 minutes ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

Maybe I just needed to speak to make SJ come to life.  1-2.

Well I thought the same thing. Sharks looked done and they suddenly scored.

They looked the same in Game 7 vs the Knights until 'the call'. They seem like a team that struggles mentally, then all of a sudden something goes their way and they are on fire.

29 minutes ago, nieder said:

Well I thought the same thing. Sharks looked done and they suddenly scored.

They looked the same in Game 7 vs the Knights until 'the call'. They seem like a team that struggles mentally, then all of a sudden something goes their way and they are on fire.

Completely agree. Never really saw Thornton or Coulture or Hertl or Jones or Kane as players that can really deal with adversity...a big reason to why they haven't really had much success in the post season...2014 couldn't hold on to a 3-0 series lead. 2015 no playoffs. 2016 they faced almost none till the finals and just couldn't recover. 2017 didn't really get out of the gate except for 1 game. 2018 they had no adversity in the first round lol (ugh). And 2019 it took a ridiculously horrible call to go their way...and that was the only way they could recover.

I truly think Thornton drags this team down. I know he was a beast at center and all of that...but he just never had the clutch they needed...and I really don't believe he ever had the leadership...

Burns is all good in my opinion.

But them being in the conference finals has always been a joke and shouldn't have happened. It's like that guy who was never really good at his job suddenly in a higher position...and it's just super clear that he really does not belong.

"Jones really keeping them in this game!!"

yeah...he also completely threw away game 5...sooooo....

Honestly, those goals he allowed in Game 5...if I was EK I would be piddleed at the decisions my goalie made and would have completely lost the will to play, too.

Congrats Blues!!!! Sharks...you never deserved 2 wins in this series...let alone to even get past round 1....

• Like 1

In January the blues were the last team in the NHL.  Now they are in the stanley cup finals and really look great.  It's a credit to them.  Ducks?  The dumb GM they have refused to make a coaching change, ran the vezina goalkeeper into terrible attitude and play and just watches idly by while they get worse.  It really bugs me.  Still.

Still bitter...

Go blues.  Please beat boston.

• Like 1

I do love how the last time the Blues were in the finals that it was against Boston with that infamous Orr goal being the cup winning goal...49 years ago!

2 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

SJ is missing Karlsson, Hertl, and Pavelski in this game. Hopefully this is part of the hockey gods raining down fierce judgement.

It’s too late for the Ducks draft pick, but thank God there is finally justice in the Stanley Cup playoffs.   Suck it San Jose!

I hope EK doesn't resign...that he sees the writing on the wall...he sees Jones as a weak goalie...he sees the weak leadership...and goes somewhere else.

I mean...he had a groin injury and STILL lead the NHL in assists in the playoffs...geez he is amazing...

But also...Sharks haven't had a good goalie in a while...honestly since Nabakov is you ask me. Never really liked Niemi...never really liked Jones.

• Like 2

The hockey universe is back in balance.  Sharks never should have got out of the first round.  

I like both teams, but hope Maroon and the Blues pull one off for their fans.  Never winning a cup since 1967.  Only team with a longer drought is TML.

@Jasoaks I hope the Sharks resign Karlsson for big money.  He will be an overpaid and injury laden albatross.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hoxxey said:

In January the blues were the last team in the NHL.  Now they are in the stanley cup finals and really look great.  It's a credit to them.  Ducks?  The dumb GM they have refused to make a coaching change, ran the vezina goalkeeper into terrible attitude and play and just watches idly by while they get worse.  It really bugs me.  Still.

Still bitter...

Go blues.  Please beat boston.

LOL. I was thinking this too. Ducks were as bad as blues at one point then the GM stopped the bleeding and got a new coach that did wonders for them while Bob just sat around twiddling his thumbs and pacing back and forth to no end whilst he made no action on RC until it was wayyyy to late. But honestly how far would this team have gotten with an injured Kess? I think he was too important to the team to not have 100% ...they wouldn’t have made to far in the POs

Edited by RobD360

Congrats to the Blues! They totally deserve the cup. Their fans have been wanting a cup since their inception in 67’. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I hope EK doesn't resign...that he sees the writing on the wall...he sees Jones as a weak goalie...he sees the weak leadership...and goes somewhere else.

I mean...he had a groin injury and STILL lead the NHL in assists in the playoffs...geez he is amazing...

But also...Sharks haven't had a good goalie in a while...honestly since Nabakov is you ask me. Never really liked Niemi...never really liked Jones.

Nabbi was good. I always thought Niemi was average 

I don't have a problem with the sharks really but I was pulling for the blues. With the way they turned their season around the blues deserve it.

Blues vs Bruins is quite a great final IMO. And it's fun that there's some history.

8 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Agreed! Niemi I felt just got the benefit of being the goalie in net for the Hawks '10 run. He wasn't anything special, really, in that run if I remember correctly. Hawks did a great thing by trading him in the off season. They knew.

4 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Blues vs Bruins is quite a great final IMO. And it's fun that there's some history.

Yeah! Backes vs. his old team he used to Captain...the whole Orr thing...although Thornton vs. team that drafted him would have been cool, too. But I'm ok with this haha

On a side note...I think it's interesting looking back at the big trades Bruins have made...the Thornton one most people say was a definite win for the Sharks and loss for the Bruins...but since the trade the Bruins have won the cup and have 3 finals appearances...the Sharks had 1 finals appearance...no cups...same thing when you look at the Seguin trade...since then Dallas has 0 appearance and the Bruins have 1. At least in the Thornton one...something to be said about them ultimately winning that trade.

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Agreed! Niemi I felt just got the benefit of being the goalie in net for the Hawks '10 run. He wasn't anything special, really, in that run if I remember correctly. Hawks did a great thing by trading him in the off season. They knew.

Yeah! Backes vs. his old team he used to Captain...the whole Orr thing...although Thornton vs. team that drafted him would have been cool, too. But I'm ok with this haha

On a side note...I think it's interesting looking back at the big trades Bruins have made...the Thornton one most people say was a definite win for the Sharks and loss for the Bruins...but since the trade the Bruins have won the cup and have 3 finals appearances...the Sharks had 1 finals appearance...no cups...same thing when you look at the Seguin trade...since then Dallas has 0 appearance and the Bruins have 1. At least in the Thornton one...something to be said about them ultimately winning that trade.

I guess they don't win the Cup in 2011 if they don't trade Thornton as they used the salary cap space for other pieces and the return to rebuild their franchise.

The Seguin trade was probably one of the worst in recent memory. They literally have nothing in their organisation right now that resulted from that trade. They traded a 20 year old potential all-star because he was immature and got spare parts in return. What a brilliant move by the always brilliant Peter Chiarelli. 

Edited by nieder

9 minutes ago, nieder said:

I guess they don't win the Cup in 2011 if they don't trade Thornton as they used the salary cap space for other pieces and the return to rebuild their franchise.

The Seguin trade was probably one of the worst in recent memory. They literally have nothing in their organisation right now that resulted from that trade. They traded a 20 year old potential all-star because he was immature and got spare parts in return. What a brilliant move by the always brilliant Peter Chiarelli. 

That was a Chiarelli trade?!?! no wonder....wow....yeah, I thought the Seguin trade was way earlier so when I added it and then did the research I saw how recent it was and probably shouldn't have included it. It looks so bad.

The Sharts made the mistake of playing their patented Free Bogus Call of the Series card in game 3 instead of at a point where the Blues couldn't recover from the damage. Hoarding all those horseshoes and they still manage to go full Sharks in the end. 

Apparently this was the first time in Thornton's long career that he finished a playoff run with more than 3 goals. He had 4... and half of those came in a single game. Ouch.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

The Sharts made the mistake of playing their patented Free Bogus Call of the Series card in game 3 instead of at a point where the Blues couldn't recover from the damage. Hoarding all those horseshoes and they still manage to go full Sharks in the end. 

Apparently this was the first time in Thornton's long career that he finished a playoff run with more than 3 goals. He had 4... and half of those came in a single game. Ouch.

Yeah, Thornton has never been a big time guy. Some people just fold when the pressure is truly on. Good people, too. Talented people. It happens.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2019 at 11:09 PM, RobD360 said:

But NiemiWillRise was always fun!

• Like 1