The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoxxey

playoff game...

20 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Remember when Sharks fans called the Ducks babies for trying to start scrums in a game they were getting blown out in? Funny how that works

Nice work idiot

I don't know why I even bother trying to understand hockey anymore. Stupid Knights. 

You gotta love these Islanders. I expected little from them after losing their best player but they exceeded my expactations and judging by the highlights they're playing some fun hockey. Eberle is feeling it and that place is rocking. I'm glad for their fans. 

San Jose traded for the wrong disgruntled star player from the Senators. Stone is turning them into soup and it's beautiful. 

All I can say is WOW!  Apparently 128 Points doesn't even buy you 1 Playoff Win.

They lost 20 games all season, and now they're at risk of dropping 4 in a row.  It's sad, and I feel for the fans in Tampa Bay.  You take the expectations that were obviously there, and then you mix in a complete collapse in the 1st round, and it's got to be heartbreaking.  Wish that were happening to the Preds.

3 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

All I can say is WOW!  Apparently 128 Points doesn't even buy you 1 Playoff Win.

They lost 20 games all season, and now they're at risk of dropping 4 in a row.  It's sad, and I feel for the fans in Tampa Bay.  You take the expectations that were obviously there, and then you mix in a complete collapse in the 1st round, and it's got to be heartbreaking.  Wish that were happening to the Preds.

So much this. I expected the jackets to put up a fight but I don't think anyone saw this coming. That's just brutal. It ain't over of course but coming back from 3-0 doesn't happen that often.

Coming in hot into the playoffs sometimes make all the difference - Columbus was fighting for their lives during the last 2 games of the season, while Tampa was cruising in 'Feed the Russian Superstar' mode for a whole month. Some bad habits were picked up, maybe - suspensions, injuries were to follow in Tampa.

35 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Very high number of suspensions this year in the PO's. NHL is very protective of it's stars and the on-ice product now, it seems.

That was scary bad.  Suspend him.  that ain't hockey

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

San Jose’s Joe Thornton will have a hearing today for an Illegal Check to the Head on Vegas’ Tomas Nosek.

I believe Thornton has never been suspended before, but that one definitely deserves a game or two.

Wouldn't that be something if Thornton spent the final two games of his NHL career watching his Sharks get eliminated from the press box due to a suspension?

4 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I believe Thornton has never been suspended before, but that one definitely deserves a game or two.

Wouldn't that be something if Thornton spent the final two games of his NHL career watching his Sharks get eliminated from the press box due to a suspension?

• Nov 6, 2010
  • Pierre LeBrunESPN Senior Writer

Superstar center Joe Thornton of the San Jose Sharks was suspended two games by the NHL on Friday for his hit to the head of St. Louis Blues center David Perron.

9 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
  • Nov 6, 2010
  • Pierre LeBrunESPN Senior Writer

Superstar center Joe Thornton of the San Jose Sharks was suspended two games by the NHL on Friday for his hit to the head of St. Louis Blues center David Perron.

Ah, thanks for the correction. So is he still considered a repeat offender of that one against Perron was back in 2010? Is there a time limit for repeat offender status?

Kadri suspended for the rest of the series. Woof. Second year in a row this clown screws his team over with his nonsense. That said, I can't believe those refs (Meier & Hanson) are getting another assignment in these playoffs. That game was an absolute joke and they let it get there. Not to excuse what Kadri did but there's only so many cheapshots you can turn a blind eye to before the players begin policing themselves. Watch tonight's game in Dallas turn into a total gongshow because of those two. 

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Ah, thanks for the correction. So is he still considered a repeat offender of that one against Perron was back in 2010? Is there a time limit for repeat offender status?

Interestingly, I saw a tweet about Thornton early this morning but had a hard time finding it to post here as the sports writers weren't mentioning it which I found odd. While searching for the video, I saw the last suspension.

37 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Kadri suspended for the rest of the series. Woof. Second year in a row this clown screws his team over with his nonsense. That said, I can't believe those refs (Meier & Hanson) are getting another assignment in these playoffs. That game was an absolute joke and they let it get there. Not to excuse what Kadri did but there's only so many cheapshots you can turn a blind eye to before the players begin policing themselves. Watch tonight's game in Dallas turn into a total gongshow because of those two. 

Totally agree. What Kadri did was wrong but the non-calls were ridiculous including this one.

"Kadri left Saturday's game against Boston late in the second period with a possible left knee injury. There was no penalty called, but there was definite knee-on-knee contact from Jake DeBrusk. Kadri was able to skate off the ice, but had been clutching his leg."

Freddie is still the ballsiest goalie in the league. One minute left in a one goal playoff game and this guy is making diving poke checks and trying to shoot on empty nets. I love him haha

3 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Freddie is still the ballsiest goalie in the league. One minute left in a one goal playoff game and this guy is making diving poke checks and trying to shoot on empty nets. I love him haha

Great finish to the game.

Man the avs really burned the flames down to the ground. I always thought the flames had to do something about their goaltending but if you allow 56 (!) SOG you have to fix a whole of other stuff too me thinks. Makar scores in his 1st game. If the Avs get lucky in the upcoming draft (with probably Dach, Byram or Cozens) they're going to be fun to watch.

6 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Man the avs really burned the flames down to the ground. I always thought the flames had to do something about their goaltending but if you allow 56 (!) SOG you have to fix a whole of other stuff too me thinks. Makar scores in his 1st game. If the Avs get lucky in the upcoming draft (with probably Dach, Byram or Cozens) they're going to be fun to watch.

The hockey team that is the Calgary Flames burns brighter than Notre Dame de Paris. Pun very well intended.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

You gotta love these Islanders. I expected little from them after losing their best player but they exceeded my expactations and judging by the highlights they're playing some fun hockey. Eberle is feeling it and that place is rocking. I'm glad for their fans. 

This is a testament to how good Trots is I have admired his ability to get the best out of his teams especially when he was with the Preds and didn’t have the best lineup to work with. I would have loved to have him as coach. Oh well 

On 4/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, Aksun said:

Coming in hot into the playoffs sometimes make all the difference - Columbus was fighting for their lives during the last 2 games of the season, while Tampa was cruising in 'Feed the Russian Superstar' mode for a whole month. Some bad habits were picked up, maybe - suspensions, injuries were to follow in Tampa.

I have always weighted this factor over another team with more points but this is way unexpected. Tampa was crushing it not just by a little bit a significant margin in the regular season. Good on the Jackets. Wow

17 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Col has the opportunity to be kings of the league once more if they play their cards right. Good team building