The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
HockeyIzCool

Ohhhhhh Caaanaaaadaaaaa!

27 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Once again, America owns your sport.

June 1993......PRIOR TO THE MIGHTY DUCKS EXISTENCE, that was the last time a Canadian Team won a Stanley Cup.

American teams have won the cup but the majority of players are Canadian.  America owns a lot of stuff - some good, some not so good.  I don't care what country owns what - america has president 45 and company and I would gladly sell that to any taker...

3 hours ago, hoxxey said:

American teams have won the cup but the majority of players are Canadian.  America owns a lot of stuff - some good, some not so good.  I don't care what country owns what - america has president 45 and company and I would gladly sell that to any taker...

Canada has more players in the playoffs than the USA but not the majority of players if you consider all countries.

Oh well. The only Canadians who truly care about the Cup staying in Canada are either old school traditionalists, or the pandering blowhards in the Canadian hockey media. You're not gonna find too many people that are upset about the Leafs who aren't Leaf fans. Honestly one of the biggest joys of being a Canadian Ducks fan has been their hilariously one-sided playoff history against Canada. If you want to find some common ground between the 7 Canadian fanbases, just bring up how much you hate the Ducks. I'd be willing to bet that's one of the only things they can agree on outside of "Bettman hates us" (and even that will likely just devolve into "no he hates us more!"). Never mind cheering for a rival simply cause you share a country though. Good luck finding Edmonton fans who'd root for Calgary in any circumstance. 

Edited by PetrSykora
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hoxxey said:

If someone traded a 7th Round Pick for him, they would be grossly overpaying.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

If someone traded a 7th Round Pick for him, they would be grossly overpaying.

We'd be lucky to get a 9th round pick!

I wanted all 3 Canadian teams to win the first 2 rounds and the Leafs to win the Cup.  Calgary and  Winnipeg would have helped the Ducks get pick #20 in the first round from Buffalo, and a Leafs Cup win would have made the Kings first rounder for Muzzin pick #31.

As for #45, he isn’t my favorite, but a massive improvement over #44.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

I wanted all 3 Canadian teams to win the first 2 rounds and the Leafs to win the Cup.  Calgary and  Winnipeg would have helped the Ducks get pick #20 in the first round from Buffalo, and a Leafs Cup win would have made the Kings first rounder for Muzzin pick #31.

You have got to be kidding...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

oooooo I didn't even think about that! ...lame

22 hours ago, hoxxey said:

No, I’m totally serious, and could give you dozens of reasons why.  I won’t do that because this is a hockey forum, not a political one.

15 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

No, I’m totally serious, and could give you dozens of reasons why.  I won’t do that because this is a hockey forum, not a political one.

Good.  I sure am not interested in any of your reasons.  We can just keep this a hockey forum.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:59 PM, hoxxey said:

Are you working now?  Are you better off now than you were four years ago?  And you're the one who first brought it up.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 1:42 PM, hoxxey said:

Not if Trudeau was coming back in the trade.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 8:20 PM, CAsFirstCup said:

I would've liked to see Toronto win the Cup, or at least be in the Finals.  They won't be able to keep all of that talent together, so this was the year for their good drafts to payoff. Winnipeg has Laine, who should have his name on a Cup at some point, so I was hoping they won their series too.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

Once again, America owns your sport.

June 1993......PRIOR TO THE MIGHTY DUCKS EXISTENCE, that was the last time a Canadian Team won a Stanley Cup.

LOL...YOUR WELCOME.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck