Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
DucksFanX

Holzer Gone?

Recommended Posts

Interesting. I'm not sure how his game will translate over to NA but he did score in the Finnish league. 

Probably will be in the bottom pair. But seems like he MIGHT be an improvement over Holzer. Maybe we will get that center in the draft after all.... :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fowl said:

Holzer still could be useful in San Diego, or as a depth call-up.

I feel like we’ve always won with Hozler in the line up for some reason. Someone needs to get the w/l record with him in

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to me this is depth signing by the Ducks....Read abit of info on Jani....and the Prospect report on him...he sounds like Decent Blueliner..Let's see and hope he does well in NA NHL Game.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth there was a ton of Holzer sticks at the team equipment sales, as were Cogliano sticks. Two and two...😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 7:52 PM, perry_mvp said:

Wait....GMBM signed a Finn? I guess the love affair with Sweden is over.

He’s making progress! Or he’s just bargain shopping overseas now. I like Holzer personally but I don’t see a spot or role for him going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

He’s making progress! Or he’s just bargain shopping overseas now. I like Holzer personally but I don’t see a spot or role for him going forward.

I don't see a role for him long term, but IMO he's a perfect plug as a 7/8 D-man for next season. He's got a great attitude and understands his role in the pecking order, he's a 100% team-first guy, and he stands up for his teammates when the opposition takes too many liberties. He's also got a significant history with Dallas Eakins, having played for him in San Diego and when both guys were with the Toronto Marlies from 2010-2013, so if Eakins is the coach it would make some sense to have Holzer there to help some of the vets with the transition. He's also highly unlikely to be claimed off waivers, so he's the type of guy GMBM could sign for <$1M and just let him ride the train back and forth between San Diego and Anaheim when the Ducks inevitably have half the D listed as game-time decisions. We're also very thin at RHD.

And as Pazonator noted above, our record with Holzer in the lineup is really good. 11-10-1 last season. 10-3-3 in 2017-18. 21-7-4 in 2016-17. By my math, the Ducks have accumulated 105 points in Holzer's last 82 regular season games. Dude is like a lucky rabbit's foot. :lol:

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well checking the news and They have not made it official of the Ducks Signing Janni.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, dtsdlaw said:

I don't see a role for him long term, but IMO he's a perfect plug as a 7/8 D-man for next season. He's got a great attitude and understands his role in the pecking order, he's a 100% team-first guy, and he stands up for his teammates when the opposition takes too many liberties. He's also got a significant history with Dallas Eakins, having played for him in San Diego and when both guys were with the Toronto Marlies from 2010-2013, so if Eakins is the coach it would make some sense to have Holzer there to help some of the vets with the transition. He's also highly unlikely to be claimed off waivers, so he's the type of guy GMBM could sign for <$1M and just let him ride the train back and forth between San Diego and Anaheim when the Ducks inevitably have half the D listed as game-time decisions. We're also very thin at RHD.

And as Pazonator noted above, our record with Holzer in the lineup is really good. 11-10-1 last season. 10-3-3 in 2017-18. 21-7-4 in 2016-17. By my math, the Ducks have accumulated 105 points in Holzer's last 82 regular season games. Dude is like a lucky rabbit's foot. :lol:

If he’s that solid of a team guy then I guess it wouldn’t be awful. We need good locker room guys to fill the Cogs void. Holzer’s defense just scares me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Does this mean NiemiWillRise will return?

Not sure....I remember he was follower of the Goalie Niemi.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you all forgotten how horrible Holzer was for the majority of the season? It would be unwise to keep him on the roster, unless you have become accustomed to mediocre D-men with no upside. Try not to become emotional train wrecks whenever a player is moved...its a business with a revolving door. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ducks07 said:

Have you all forgotten how horrible Holzer was for the majority of the season? It would be unwise to keep him on the roster, unless you have become accustomed to mediocre D-men with no upside. Try not to become emotional train wrecks whenever a player is moved...its a business with a revolving door. 

I think once Jani steps on the Ice...We can forget about Holzer....To me it's part of the Ducks Plan of R-R-R(Revitalize-Restore-Rebuild).

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once it's official I look forward to see him in Ducks Uni.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:21 AM, ducks07 said:

Have you all forgotten how horrible Holzer was for the majority of the season? It would be unwise to keep him on the roster, unless you have become accustomed to mediocre D-men with no upside. Try not to become emotional train wrecks whenever a player is moved...its a business with a revolving door. 

Holzer was a third pairing #7 D-Man replacement who did his job like a professional.  You're correct, it's a business.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:21 AM, ducks07 said:

Have you all forgotten how horrible Holzer was for the majority of the season? It would be unwise to keep him on the roster, unless you have become accustomed to mediocre D-men with no upside. Try not to become emotional train wrecks whenever a player is moved...its a business with a revolving door. 

I wouldn’t mind keeping him on the roster for the measly amount of money he gets paid, and the fact he’s not completely incompetent makes me happy. 

I recall someone mentioning in a thread how we always seemed to win with him in the lineup. How cool was it when he actually played on the wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...