The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suomi-Ankka

Finnish defenseman Jani Hakanpaa

According finnish newspaper Hämeen Sanomat, finnish defensman Jani Hakanpaa has signed with Anaheim Ducks 1 year, one way deal. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/45342/jani-hakanpaa

Hakanpaa was selected by the St.Louis Blues in the 4th round (104th overall) of the 2010 Entry Draft.

He played in his native Finland for the Espoo Blues of the Finnish Elite League (Liiga) 2011-2012.

During his 2012- stint with the Peoria Rivermen of the AHL he registered one goal and three assists in fourteen games.

At the completion of his entry-level deal with the Blues, Hakanpaa opted to return to Finland signing a two-year contract with Liiga club, Oulun Kärpät on 2 July 2015.

He won two titles in Kärpät. .. That's for general information. Here is what I think:

Kärpät is my hometown's team. Jani is very physical player and never step out for battles in corners. Very nasty to play against. He is very good in offensive side of

the game too. He shoots hard and products continually something good in offensive zone. If you think reference, he might be good replacement for Sami Vatanen.

Kärpät have played last 2 years very offensive, NHL-style hockey if you will, and Hakanpaa has done it very well.

Of course we still waiting for final announcement for this, but it is 99% likely that Hakanpaa will join Ducks next season. Could be potentially in top-6 defensemen.

15 hours ago, Suomi-Ankka said:

According finnish newspaper Hämeen Sanomat, finnish defensman Jani Hakanpaa has signed with Anaheim Ducks 1 year, one way deal. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/45342/jani-hakanpaa

Hakanpaa was selected by the St.Louis Blues in the 4th round (104th overall) of the 2010 Entry Draft.

He played in his native Finland for the Espoo Blues of the Finnish Elite League (Liiga) 2011-2012.

During his 2012- stint with the Peoria Rivermen of the AHL he registered one goal and three assists in fourteen games.

At the completion of his entry-level deal with the Blues, Hakanpaa opted to return to Finland signing a two-year contract with Liiga club, Oulun Kärpät on 2 July 2015.

He won two titles in Kärpät. .. That's for general information. Here is what I think:

Kärpät is my hometown's team. Jani is very physical player and never step out for battles in corners. Very nasty to play against. He is very good in offensive side of

the game too. He shoots hard and products continually something good in offensive zone. If you think reference, he might be good replacement for Sami Vatanen.

Kärpät have played last 2 years very offensive, NHL-style hockey if you will, and Hakanpaa has done it very well.

Of course we still waiting for final announcement for this, but it is 99% likely that Hakanpaa will join Ducks next season. Could be potentially in top-6 defensemen.

Welcome to the Ducks Message board Suomi Ankka. Hope we see what he can do for the Ducks Cause.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Jani Hakanpaa became today World Champion with Finnish National team after beating Canada 3-1 in the gold medal game :) He played a solid tournament.

Congrats to the Finns.  I am eagerly awaiting the roast fest coming from the Canadian media.  The excuses will be amazing, some even entertaining.  Nothing short of winning Gold is acceptable in Canada.  

Big upset and well deserved championship.  For a country of five plus million people, the Finns produce some very dialed in hockey talent.