The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

If you could have one past player..

If you could have one past Ducks player, in their prime, who would you sign to a 5-year deal? Hey, it's the off-season. LOL. If it were me, I'd pick Teemu Selanne. But there are other players up for consideration as well, like Scott Niedermeyer, Jari Kurri, Chris Pronger, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Adam Oates, and...yes...Paul Kariya, etc. The Ducks have had a lot of talent over the years. In fact, just for the fun of it, I'll do a lineup that would be an amazing Ducks lineup if we could have all of these players play for the Ducks again, in their prime: 

-Kunitz                    -Getzlaf          -Perry 

-Kariya                    -McDonald    -Selanne

-Federov                 -Oates            -Kurri  

-Rob Niedermeyer -Rucchin         -Sykora

-Scott Niedermeyer  -Pronger

-Ozolinsh                  -Carney

-Havelid                    -Salei 

-J.S. Giguere

-Guy Hebert 

LET'S GO DUCKS!

Edited by duck123

You have Getzlaf and Perry there and they are current, not past players. I would add Pahlsson and Moen. I would switch Havelid with Tverdosky. You're spot on with the goalies. To have 14 forwards I would also add Bobby Ryan and Jeff Friesen. My 7th D-man would be Dollas.

Kariya Ruuchin Selanne

Federov McDonald Sykora

Moen Pahlsson Niedermayer

Kunitz Oates Kurri

• Like 1

Gimme a prime Kariya in today's NHL over anyone honestly. Dude was putting up 50 goals and 100 points against the toughest competition every night in an era that punished skill and speed. Imagine how good he would be without having to worry about two-line offsides, obstruction and every team carrying a slew of headhunting goons.

If we can steal a former Duck who had their prime years somewhere else, I'd consider taking Sergei Fedorov before Adam Oates or Jari Kurri. He was one of the greatest two-way weapons of all time. That said, I also feel a strong urge to just disregard everything I said in this entire post and go with Pronger instead. He hasn't played here in a decade and we're still living under the shadow of his reputation. That's how crazy good of a Duck he was. 

• Like 5

Teemu Selanne of course..Ducks Legend contributed so much to our team and growing the Sport of Hockey.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would also suggest saku koivu as one of the centers in his prime. Though he didn't play here long he was still a good player in his later years. 

• Like 1

While the Ducks need scoring. I'm still going with a toss up of S. Niedermayer or Pahlsson. Those two... So fun. So much fun.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

You have Getzlaf and Perry there and they are current, not past players. I would add Pahlsson and Moen. I would switch Havelid with Tverdosky. You're spot on with the goalies. To have 14 forwards I would also add Bobby Ryan and Jeff Friesen. My 7th D-man would be Dollas.

Kariya Ruuchin Selanne

Federov McDonald Sykora

Kunitz Oates Kurri

Great point. :) Ha. Ha. I'll just say everybody is past players--but those 2 can be the exception. :) But I do think Bobby Ryan and Jeff Friesen could take their place in the lineup, if it were all past players. 

Hmmmmm hm hm hm...to bring into TODAY'S lineup?

Probably Scotty...he would stable our D and bring out the best of our D (which can be VERY good if they felt confident...) and his leadership in the locker room/on the ice would be sooooo good to have.

EDIT: Hell...I'd probably bring in even today's Scotty haha give him a summer to get his legs back...I'm sure he'd be still be a great addition

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 2

My 2nd Choice is JS Giguere...Ducks Legendary Goalie who contributed in our team Winning the Stanley Cup.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 5/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, perry_mvp said:

Kariya Ruuchin Selanne

Federov McDonald Sykora

Kunitz Oates Kurri

Moen and Pahlsson FTW!!!

Since most of us are putting up personal Ducks Alltime Lineups I might as well join in. here is my list.

Forwards:

1.Kariya-Rucchin-Selanne

2.Thomas-Andy MacDonald-Oates-Kurri

3.Leclerc-Niedermayer-Pahlsson

4.Grimson-Koviu-Sykora/Sacco

Defence

1.Niedermayer-Pronger

2.Dollas-Salei

3.Carney-Beauchemin/Dipenta

Goalie:

1.Giguere

2.Hebert/Hiller

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, PetrSykora said:

Gimme a prime Kariya in today's NHL over anyone honestly. Dude was putting up 50 goals and 100 points against the toughest competition every night in an era that punished skill and speed. Imagine how good he would be without having to worry about two-line offsides, obstruction and every team carrying a slew of headhunting goons.

If we can steal a former Duck who had their prime years somewhere else, I'd consider taking Sergei Fedorov before Adam Oates or Jari Kurri. He was one of the greatest two-way weapons of all time. That said, I also feel a strong urge to just disregard everything I said in this entire post and go with Pronger instead. He hasn't played here in a decade and we're still living under the shadow of his reputation. That's how crazy good of a Duck he was. 

For sure. If we're talking any player in his prime who ever wore a Ducks sweater, I'll take Federov circa 1993-94. That season he had 56G/64A/120pts, won the Hart and Selke, and also won the NHL's fastest skater competition at the all-star game. Federov was incredible in his prime. His game would also translate really well to today's game (unlike Pronger, who would probably be suspended indefinitely). Plus, we could also really use an elite center right about now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2019 at 1:47 PM, dtsdlaw said:

For sure. If we're talking any player in his prime who ever wore a Ducks sweater, I'll take Federov circa 1993-94. That season he had 56G/64A/120pts, won the Hart and Selke, and also won the NHL's fastest skater competition at the all-star game. Federov was incredible in his prime. His game would also translate really well to today's game (unlike Pronger, who would probably be suspended indefinitely). Plus, we could also really use an elite center right about now. 

Even after his prime, Federov, like Carney before, substantially elevated the talent level of the Ducks team.  In his prime, he'd make the Ducks a Cup contender.