The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fencing

Trade Rumors

It is really a shame that I agree with the rumors about Corey Perry being trades.  He really hasn't been the same since his suspension.  But Ryan Getslaf is the real move that needs to be made.  No cup will exist for the Ducks while Ryan is captain. 

4 hours ago, Fencing said:

It is really a shame that I agree with the rumors about Corey Perry being trades.  He really hasn't been the same since his suspension.  But Ryan Getslaf is the real move that needs to be made.  No cup will exist for the Ducks while Ryan is captain. 

I don't agree with this. Getzlaf is usually really good in the playoffs. He carried the team on his back as far as he could two years ago. He's not the problem. We lacked the depth to really push through the playoffs. Many have said that if we defeated the hawks in the playoffs we would likely have had another cup. If anything it's Bob's dumpster diving that hurts the team. 

Yeah, cause taking the C off Getzlaf's sweater and putting it on Kesler or Beauchemin or whoever would've magically resulted in a championship. Not like that man did everything in his power to carry his teams through the playoffs during his tenure. Remember that year he broke his face stepping in front of a Seguin shot in the final minute and came back the very next game looking like a bloody monster finishing with a goal and an assist? Or how he singlehandedly schooled an Edmonton Oilers team featuring the saviour of Canadian hockey? Getzlaf has been one of the best playoff performers in hockey over the last decade. Imagine if he had a Duncan Keith or Drew Doughty to work with over this stretch. The only reason to strip him of his captaincy at this point would be to signify a changing of the guard. As of right now I don't think we have anyone worthy of taking it from him.

Hmm I would definitely listen to offers to trade Getz if it brought back the next young  #1 center boss for the future. This team is reasonably stacked with young quality players. I think that with them and Getz in the lineup for the next few years we can make the POs but we will not be cup contenders so it makes sense to trade now to build for a team that WILL be a cup contender in the future. We shouldn’t be building around Getz and Perry any longer as it doesn’t make sense anymore. I keep saying we need to find a Getz replacement as soon as this year to begin grooming him to prepare for the eventual Getz slowdown. Take for instance Colorado, they are def one of the teams of the future without a doubt. If we could reshuffle the decks to focus on the young core by trading Getz we could also be in that bucket and if that is the case then so-be-it. I am sure he would bring in a kings ransom as he is still pretty boss. I would guess a cup caliber team looking to fill a #2c spot would take him. Getz at that position would be killing the competition and we would be stacked with GREAT young players from top to bottom (pending if we have a great D man from somewhere). 

On 6/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Fencing said:

He hasn't been the same since his first major knee injury.

Getzlaf being Captain is not the problem the Ducks have had the last few years. I'll just start with bringing RC back. 

23 minutes ago, Fisix said:

It'll be interesting to see if the ducks penalty disparity changes after Getz is gone.

Probably. Getz has calmed a bit when talking to refs but yeah he would rip on them most every time he could by losing his temper and yelling at them. I never thought that was the right thing to do, as a result the refs would sometimes pile on the penalties. Getz would really just let his emotions get the best of him. Not the best thing to do at times. .... hope the next captain is more level-headed and only gets stern when he needs to in order to get a point across  

Also, and this is just a hunch here, but i always found it interesting that it was always soooo difficult in finding the twins a player to play with. We always just said that the new player never fit but after a while no one ever questioned whether it’s not the new players but actually maybe one of the twins who are difficult to play with. Just spit-balling here.  Note: I think Getz has been this teams rock and supreme driver for so long and We have so much to be grateful for with him just trying to think with frosted over bias glasses. 

Additional thoughts: we should focus and build around the youth and not around Getz who just has a few years left (or Perry obviously). 

Random rant end....

2 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Probably. Getz has calmed a bit when talking to refs but yeah he would rip on them most every time he could by losing his temper and yelling at them. I never thought that was the right thing to do, as a result the refs would sometimes pile on the penalties. Getz would really just let his emotions get the best of him. Not the best thing to do at times. .... hope the next captain is more level-headed and only gets stern when he needs to in order to get a point across  

Also, and this is just a hunch here, but i always found it interesting that it was always soooo difficult in finding the twins a player to play with. We always just said that the new player never fit but after a while no one ever questioned whether it’s not the new players but actually maybe one of the twins who are difficult to play with. Just spit-balling here.  Note: I think Getz has been this teams rock and supreme driver for so long and We have so much to be grateful for with him just trying to think with frosted over bias glasses. 

Additional thoughts: we should focus and build around the youth and not around Getz who just has a few years left (or Perry obviously). 

Random rant end....

Bobby was good with them but anyone playing alongside was usually playing third fiddle. Star players probably don't want to do that. Plus we didn't have much depth for a few years so Bobby was spreading out the offense anyway. We had a few players click with Getz. 

We always look to Getz for the driving force of this team but Perry is no slouch either. For a few seasons, especially when Getz got injured, Perry was still driving the team to the playoffs. 

Maroon didn't play like that on the ducks.  Come to think of it, almost all of the ducks who go elsewhere seem to really blossom.  Makes one wonder about the coaching on the ducks.  Oh wait, it was Randy Carlisle... (and GMBM)

4 hours ago, Fisix said:

It'll be interesting to see if the ducks penalty disparity changes after Getz is gone.

It didn't change after Scotty was gone.

Maroon was solid as the top line LW. The best thing he used to do was that little unexpected wraparound pass from the side of the crease on the powerplay back in the darkest days of Brad Lauer. I was way more bummed about that trade than I was about Penner in 2014. Getzlaf was seriously the most dominant player in the league that season so I don't think it made much of a difference who was playing LW. Maroon put up similar numbers as Penner skating alongside Matthieu Perreault (who shouldn't have been let go but that's a different story) for the majority of the year. Penner also only managed to put up 6 points on the year that Getzlaf or Perry didn't figure into at all. Combine that with all the stories about his pancake-first conditioning and the writing was on the wall for Penner. Coincidentally those were pretty much the same reasons why they chose to cut ties from Maroon a few years later so in a weird way he was kind of the perfect Penner replacement. 

Bobby Ryan was the best third wheel Getzlaf and Perry ever had. Better than Penner in his first stint even. They completely submarined the team's depth by moving him there but the RPG line was unstoppable. I really liked Perron in his short stint there too although IIRC that was around the time when the team first started separating the two. I wish they could've kept him. The prototype was a big guy who can screen the goalie, work the cycle, and win possession along the boards, but IMO it was at its best when they sacrificed the physicality and put a skilled player in the role. Bonus points if he was fearless too. Even though guys like Beleskey and DSP fit the latter, they weren't capable of generating their own offence. Rakell would've been perfect with the twins in their prime but he's a few years too late. 

Jason Zucker,olli Matta and perhaps Ehlers could be good choice for Ducks to add in a Trade.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

32 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Jason Zucker,olli Matta and perhaps Ehlers could be good choice for Ducks to add in a Trade.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Ehlers would be nice.... Maatta... we have enough defense players... Zucker is a defensive worker? because with 27 once over 47 points isn't great offensive power...

Ehlers with 23 already twice 60 points... and LW...

I think, if we add any players, we need a goal scorer...

1 hour ago, Spike1981 said:

Ehlers would be nice.... Maatta... we have enough defense players... Zucker is a defensive worker? because with 27 once over 47 points isn't great offensive power...

Ehlers with 23 already twice 60 points... and LW...

I think, if we add any players, we need a goal scorer...

Look at the Stats on how many Goals Ducks scored...We are deadlast.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

11 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Nikolaj Ehlers would be a good add, he's streaky, but when he's hot, he's very good.

Totally but he doesn't fit the "dumpster diving profile".  In any way...

On 6/12/2019 at 2:46 PM, hoxxey said:

Maroon didn't play like that on the ducks.  Come to think of it, almost all of the ducks who go elsewhere seem to really blossom.  Makes one wonder about the coaching on the ducks.  Oh wait, it was Randy Carlisle... (and GMBM)

Wasn't it Boudreau?

12 hours ago, hoxxey said:

Totally but he doesn't fit the "dumpster diving profile".  In any way...

Also doesn’t fit our salary structure. No way the Ducks are paying $6M to a guy who has never hit 30G when two-time 30G+ Rakell is locked up at $3.8M/season. If GMBM adds Ehlers at $6M, it changes the next contract demands for a lot of young Ducks coming up.

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Also doesn’t fit our salary structure. No way the Ducks are paying $6M to a guy who has never hit 30G when two-time 30G+ Rakell is locked up at $3.8M/season. If GMBM adds Ehlers at $6M, it changes the next contract demands for a lot of young Ducks coming up.

Wow, 6 mil? I didn't even know he was paid that much. What was Winnipeg thinking?

I saw Nylander + to Ducks for a top D in a couple spots but I’ve seen Nylander tied to multiple rumors. Nothing concrete or from big time sources. I also saw that there was a general rumor that there was a deal in place between two teams that has to wait for July 1 to submit. Nylander is owed a bonus July 1, so it’s possible this ducks rumor is waiting for that to go through?

Murray is pretty tight lipped. You don’t hear much in terms of rumors for ducks other than speculation.

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

As much as the Ducks could use a forward talent like Nylander, the only way I see it happening is if they're also taking back Zaitsev while giving up a contract like Fowler's.  I forget if Fowler has a NTC, but I'm too lazy to look.

4-team trade list. So basically the same as a full NTC. Because why wouldn’t you give a 2nd pair <40pt defenseman an NTC? <_<

38 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

4-team trade list. So basically the same as a full NTC. Because why wouldn’t you give a 2nd pair <40pt defenseman an NTC? <_<

Fowler huge contract + his performance in recent years make him not movable. Another big mistake done by our GM.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

Fowler huge contract + his performance in recent years make him not movable. Another big mistake done by our GM.

Our whole defense needs to step up and play to their potential. I'm not sure what's going on but if Fowler gets back to his game, he's worth that contract imo.

16 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

Our whole defense needs to step up and play to their potential. I'm not sure what's going on but if Fowler gets back to his game, he's worth that contract imo.

True but I think that goes for the whole team. Maybe our D would be less nervous if they know they have forwards on their team that can score and that one mistake doesn't have to be lethal.

5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

True but I think that goes for the whole team. Maybe our D would be less nervous if they know they have forwards on their team that can score and that one mistake doesn't have to be lethal.

Definitely! Last year our forwards fumbled the puck so much the defense had no one to pass it out to. Maybe the whole team needs some training on tape to tape passes. Defenders were passing the puck behind the forwards or into their skates. You're right in that the whole team was terrible. Hopefully our new coach can do something about that. This isn't peewee hockey, last year was an embarrassment to watch. 

17 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Definitely! Last year our forwards fumbled the puck so much the defense had no one to pass it out to. Maybe the whole team needs some training on tape to tape passes. Defenders were passing the puck behind the forwards or into their skates. You're right in that the whole team was terrible. Hopefully our new coach can do something about that. This isn't peewee hockey, last year was an embarrassment to watch. 

They started to digress during Carlyle's last stint with the Ducks. Eakins has his work cut out for him but hopefully he can get their confidence back.

Colin Miller just traded from Vegas top Buffalo. This only makes sense from Buffalo's perspective if they've got a deal in place to move either Ristolainen or Bogosian. I'd be up for either guy (Bogo only if they retain some salary) for the right price.

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Curious IF our Ducks are interested in Wayne Simmonds.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'd bet that he wants more $$ and term than what the Ducks would be willing to give him, especially since we have Rakell, Ritchie, Jones, Comtois, and now Tracey as our long-term LW depth. Simmonds on a 2-year deal would be A-OK, but any more than that and he's going to be blocking the development of some really promising Ducklings. 

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Colin Miller just traded from Vegas top Buffalo. This only makes sense from Buffalo's perspective if they've got a deal in place to move either Ristolainen or Bogosian. I'd be up for either guy (Bogo only if they retain some salary) for the right price.

Risto would look great in a Ducks Uni.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck