Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fencing

Trade Rumors

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I'd bet that he wants more $$ and term than what the Ducks would be willing to give him, especially since we have Rakell, Ritchie, Jones, Comtois, and now Tracey as our long-term LW depth. Simmonds on a 2-year deal would be A-OK, but any more than that and he's going to be blocking the development of some really promising Ducklings. 

Luckily for Simmonds, we have a GM that likes those long term big $$ contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Curious IF our Ducks are interested in Wayne Simmonds.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I hope not. Seems he's already declining. He's not exactly fast either. Might as well have kept Perry then. 

I hope BM surprises us with a good singing or trade although I fear he might as well sign phaneuf. He has BM reclamation project written all over him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I hope not. Seems he's already declining. He's not exactly fast either. Might as well have kept Perry then. 

I hope BM surprises us with a good singing or trade although I fear he might as well sign phaneuf. He has BM reclamation project written all over him. 

How long have you been Ducks fan? When was the last time BM surprised you by good signing or trade? As much as I want our team to succeed, with THIS management and ownership I am more pessimistic than some other fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

How long have you been Ducks fan? When was the last time BM surprised you by good signing or trade? As much as I want our team to succeed, with THIS management and ownership I am more pessimistic than some other fans.

The Kesler trade got me really excited. Ryan Miller was a nice addition.

I have no problems with our owners. They've been spending. As for BM it's crunchtime. We have cap space, there are quite a few players to be (rumored) available and a few teams in cap trouble. 

It doesn't have to be Marner  (although it'd be great 😄 ) but I wouldn't mind him going after Risto or Wennberg for example. The latter one is a risk but one worth taking I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

How long have you been Ducks fan? When was the last time BM surprised you by good signing or trade? As much as I want our team to succeed, with THIS management and ownership I am more pessimistic than some other fans.

I beg the differ it is the management only nothing to do with the ownership. look at BM record in Chicago and the mistakes he made there not that far from our pass 3-5 years "the twins" passed their prime and nothing to show for it the only hope we will not make the same mistakes with the kids coming up.you cant do the same thing expecting a different result  trade for something of value we need a different driver at the wheel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there are some good young players who are rfa and teams can’t afford them. If we are going with a youth movement, send some veterans and ‘B’ prospects to get an ‘A’ prospect. Upgrade a little.

 

by the way these huge contract amounts and terms seem a little ridiculous to me. That’s what getting teams in trouble. All of a sudden players with only a yea for two under their belts are getting max or near max contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, would BM throw money at Gardiner? UFA, still fairly young, can put up points and was drafted here. I guess some team will overpay for his services. Would you guys be for/against it?

Another name that comes to mind is kyle turris. I'm fairly certain matty dooch ends up in nashville. The thought of making deals with nashville gives me shivers but I can see them letting him go fairly cheap if they get Duchene.  He has an injury history but if he regains his form that's a #2 center. Then again 6 mil is a lot of money for a risk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still need a RHD...or any Top 4 D will do. Not going to get that in FA anymore. Probably look for a trade in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 6:58 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

I wonder, would BM throw money at Gardiner? UFA, still fairly young, can put up points and was drafted here. I guess some team will overpay for his services. Would you guys be for/against it?

Another name that comes to mind is kyle turris. I'm fairly certain matty dooch ends up in nashville. The thought of making deals with nashville gives me shivers but I can see them letting him go fairly cheap if they get Duchene.  He has an injury history but if he regains his form that's a #2 center. Then again 6 mil is a lot of money for a risk.

 

Turris's contract is really bad if he replicates his Nashville level of production. 65pts in 120 games with them...for $6mil a year? Easy pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Turris's contract is really bad if he replicates his Nashville level of production. 65pts in 120 games with them...for $6mil a year? Easy pass.

Indeed. I also think it's a risk but if it pays of I think he's worth it. He was good at the World Championship. Anyway I don't see BM doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Indeed. I also think it's a risk but if it pays of I think he's worth it. He was good at the World Championship. Anyway I don't see BM doing it.

I defense is more of a priority right now. So far, it is status quo with everyone, including Holzer resigning (lol). As we saw last year, that's not gonna get the job done, unless they know something about Larsson, Guhle, Mahura that I don't. RHD is suddenly thin right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

I defense is more of a priority right now. So far, it is status quo with everyone, including Holzer resigning (lol). As we saw last year, that's not gonna get the job done, unless they know something about Larsson, Guhle, Mahura that I don't. RHD is suddenly thin right now.

I can understand on some level that you want to wait to see what you have in the aforementioned guys but meanwhile you miss out on potential UFA/RFA's. If those players don't pan out like you hoped you have to take what's available. Enter bargain bin Bob. We've seen it happen too many times before.
I do hope at least one of Guhle of Mahura can stay on with the big team. I have nog high hopes for Larsson at the moment. But we do need some reinforcements on D.

As for the forwards, another guy whom I wouldn't mind is Marcus Johansson. He's a winger but can play center. Good skater, not too old and he's Swedish :) But then we'd have to make room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to figure out the plans and directions of the front office right now. No moves have been made yet, other than trading a 4th for a pure enforcer...fine.

There are a lot of big name RFAs still out there. I'm guessing if any moves happen, they are going to be via trade. I can't imagine management takes a look at this roster and goes "Eakins is the solution" unless that's how low everyone from team to management felt about Carlyle. At least I hope not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Trying to figure out the plans and directions of the front office right now. No moves have been made yet, other than trading a 4th for a pure enforcer...fine.

There are a lot of big name RFAs still out there. I'm guessing if any moves happen, they are going to be via trade. I can't imagine management takes a look at this roster and goes "Eakins is the solution" unless that's how low everyone from team to management felt about Carlyle. At least I hope not...

Perhaps they're thinking that last year was an anomaly (which I hope too) and that if everyone plays up to their potential we can compete for a Playoff spot. Maybe they want to have a good look at the "new" team before making trades. There's a few question marks on the roster who may or may not turn out to be quite decent. I'm thinking Guhle, Jakanpaa (or what's his name?), Steel (can he stay with the big team?),...

If those guys perform maybe management doesn't feel the need to make a trade. I still think we need a top 4 D man (Risto) but if the front office think we already have him in one of the aforementioned players we'll stand pat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Trying to figure out the plans and directions of the front office right now. No moves have been made yet, other than trading a 4th for a pure enforcer...fine.

There are a lot of big name RFAs still out there. I'm guessing if any moves happen, they are going to be via trade. I can't imagine management takes a look at this roster and goes "Eakins is the solution" unless that's how low everyone from team to management felt about Carlyle. At least I hope not...

I still think GMBM will add at least one more vet to the blue line to fill the #4 spot next to Fowler. He’s likely got several options in play and is just waiting for the best deal to materialize before pulling the trigger.  On the UFA side, after getting burned by the length of the contracts he gave to Stoner, Allen, and Souray, I think he’d be trying to wait it out a bit longer to get a shorter term. In terms of trade, there are still teams out there that need to move a D-man for one reason or another, but everyone seems to be at a standstill right now, maybe waiting to see which RFAs file for arbitration. The lower cap really seems to have thrown off a lot of GMs this year.

The forwards seem pretty much set. The Deslauriers trade basically confirms that Bob is still Bob, and that the Ducks won’t be icing half a starting lineup of rookies. “Youth movement” to him means having 2-3 young players in the lineup, not 7. So we’re probably looking at a top-6 of Raks-Getz-Silf and Ritchie-Rico-Kase. Shore stays as a 3rd line LW (much to the chagrin of many posters here) and the 4th line is an energy line with some combination of Jones, Deslauriers, Grantzlaf, Rowney, and Sherwood. That leaves an open competition for 3C between Steel, Lundestrom, Carrick and Poturalski, and a competition for 3RW between Terry and Sprong. Although I still think Sprong, Lundestrom and Larsson are the most likely candidates to be moved if there’s a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Although I still think Sprong, Lundestrom and Larsson are the most likely candidates to be moved if there’s a trade. 

Lundestrom I hope not... I liked what I saw from him last season, very good technic. but we don't watched a lot of these three, not make an other Shea Theodore...

I would other guys trade.. 2-3 on the offense I don't like very much and at least a top 3 defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I still think GMBM will add at least one more vet to the blue line to fill the #4 spot next to Fowler. He’s likely got several options in play and is just waiting for the best deal to materialize before pulling the trigger.  On the UFA side, after getting burned by the length of the contracts he gave to Stoner, Allen, and Souray, I think he’d be trying to wait it out a bit longer to get a shorter term. In terms of trade, there are still teams out there that need to move a D-man for one reason or another, but everyone seems to be at a standstill right now, maybe waiting to see which RFAs file for arbitration. The lower cap really seems to have thrown off a lot of GMs this year.

The forwards seem pretty much set. The Deslauriers trade basically confirms that Bob is still Bob, and that the Ducks won’t be icing half a starting lineup of rookies. “Youth movement” to him means having 2-3 young players in the lineup, not 7. So we’re probably looking at a top-6 of Raks-Getz-Silf and Ritchie-Rico-Kase. Shore stays as a 3rd line LW (much to the chagrin of many posters here) and the 4th line is an energy line with some combination of Jones, Deslauriers, Grantzlaf, Rowney, and Sherwood. That leaves an open competition for 3C between Steel, Lundestrom, Carrick and Poturalski, and a competition for 3RW between Terry and Sprong. Although I still think Sprong, Lundestrom and Larsson are the most likely candidates to be moved if there’s a trade.

I hope BM knows better than that. Nothing to lose playing the kids at this point. We should have at least 6 players on their entry level contracts in the lineup next season.

My most optimistic guesses are that gmbm:

1)  Is already sorting the roster for the expansion draft.  Who on the roster is bmgm keeping solely to expose for the draft? 

2) Has some inside information about an upcoming lockout/strike.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Thom-74 said:

1)  Is already sorting the roster for the expansion draft.  Who on the roster is bmgm keeping solely to expose for the draft? 

that would be my plan, trade all for high picks, take a true rebuild and claim some players like you did it in the last week (depth players) till the ED... let's trade all except 7 offense, 3 defense players and Gibson you want go to the future!

something like this:

Offense: Steel, Jones, Terry, Silfverberg, Kase, Lundestrom and Getzlaf or Rakell or Sprong (Comtois is exempt)

Defense: Larsson or Mahura, Guhle and one of the top 3. with the other two you can of course take a first rounder...

Goalie: Gibson

I know its difficult to choose, but what brings you a player you must give away for nothing? and an other Theodore I don't want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raise your hand if you think a Trade is coming...I have feeling Ducks will do what is need via Trade route.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LongTerm said:

I think Bob Murray has no clue.

The strength of the organization has come from scouting.   Bob has done nothing to parlay that talent into upward trajectory.   Just the opposite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, Spike1981 said:

Stars are shopping Honka... he is a RHD....

As is...Justin Faulk.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 11:53 AM, LongTerm said:

The strength of the organization has come from scouting.   Bob has done nothing to parlay that talent into upward trajectory.   Just the opposite.  

Except for that whole Bones for Kesler thing that pushed us to two WCFs.

No big deal though, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 8:17 PM, gotchabari said:

Except for that whole Bones for Kesler thing that pushed us to two WCFs.

No big deal though, right?

But had GMBM pulled that trade off at the deadline rather than at the draft after playoffs, as the rumor was, we may have won the cup that year. Or at the very least got to the finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If our Ducks say pursue a Trade...I think they could fit in Risto or Zucker if they want to......our team has $8,500,242 in Salary Cap space. The team can make some moves ensure they can be on the team..Just saying.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

If our Ducks say pursue a Trade...I think they could fit in Risto or Zucker if they want to......our team has $8,500,242 in Salary Cap space. The team can make some moves ensure they can be on the team..Just saying.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Zucker? no thx, too old and 6 mio for 5 years... we have 6 mio next season from Perry....

Risto would be a good addition. we have some players i would trade.... Shore, Henrique, Rakell, Lindholm, RItchie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

If our Ducks say pursue a Trade...I think they could fit in Risto or Zucker if they want to......our team has $8,500,242 in Salary Cap space. The team can make some moves ensure they can be on the team..Just saying.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

This cap space kept intentionally, in case if suddenly by January or February Kesler will proclaim himself "healthy" and decide to return. It will be like this for 3 more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Zucker? no thx, too old and 6 mio for 5 years... we have 6 mio next season from Perry....

Risto would be a good addition. we have some players i would trade.... Shore, Henrique, Rakell, Lindholm, RItchie...

I would rather keep Rakell and Lindholm and trade Fowler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...