The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
RobD360

Eakins new coach

12 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

This, in my opinion,  shows that some of the front office are listening to fans. If not that, then at least they've seen the same things the fans have.

They should just do more..

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

17 hours ago, Fisix said:

did you read this yet?

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-announce-hockey-operations-transactions/c-307895890

Important part (maybe we'll have less injuries?):

This is the 2nd most important thing after switching to a 'modern' coach in Eakins. We've had injuries, injury streaks, freak injuries and then some. It had to stop and I'm really looking forward for the healthier Ducks next season.

14 minutes ago, Aksun said:

This is the 2nd most important thing after switching to a 'modern' coach in Eakins. We've had injuries, injury streaks, freak injuries and then some. It had to stop and I'm really looking forward for the healthier Ducks next season.

Do we think the injuries were from a poor director of high performance?? I guess it can't hurt (lol...hurt) to try someone new and see if that helps...

7 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Do we think the injuries were from a poor director of high performance?? I guess it can't hurt (lol...hurt) to try someone new and see if that helps...

Been debated a lot of times on this message board that we have to do something with the physical coach or trainer or whatever who oversees their approach to their body. Cogliano was a freak, but he was alone, now maybe Eakins and this Bettle guy instill more of a non-pancake Penner culture.

15 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I still have a beef with BM trading the leading goal scorer from the previous playoff run in DSP for a guy who mailed in every one of his playoff games and then had the nerve to trash talk the organization on his way out. Adding Vermette a few years before he became a 4th line neutral zone faceoff circle enforcer would've been nice too. The biggest mistake of the 14/15 season IMO was still letting Perreault walk without even qualifying him. Okay, second biggest mistake cause I'm still trying to forget Anaheim Duck Wisniewski ever existed.

The 2016 team was the real missed opportunity. Top defensive team in the league, magical midseason turnaround, smart deadline additions, and great goaltending only to get wrecked by injuries before running into a lanky stack of horseshoes in net who only seems to show up for playoff matchups against Anaheim. I think they could've easily gotten past the Sharks and Blues that year if their domination in that game 7 translated to the scoreboard. 

This is one of the greatest posts ever on this board.

19 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

a lanky stack of horseshoes in net who only seems to show up for playoff matchups against Anaheim.

Best description I have ever read about anything. Lol

On 6/19/2019 at 9:47 AM, dtsdlaw said:

This is one of the greatest posts ever on this board.

He hits on both of our personal pet peeves. Your Perreault and my Wisniewski.