The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think all four of those guys will be gone, which is brutal because I really like Dach and Zegras. If he drafted Lavoie then we’d pretty much be the Halifax Mooseheads since we have Morand and Groulx also lol. He’s listed as a RW and Murray wants a natural center so I don’t think he’d be our guy. We need Buffalo and Edmonton to do help us out. Unfortunately for us, Chiarelli is no longer in Edmonton.

After Hughes and Kakko, My prediction is:

Turcotte - Chicago

Zegras - Colorado

Byram - Los Angeles 

Dach - Detroit 

Buffalo - Broberg

Edmonton - Cozens

Ducks - Krebs

Really hoping Caufield goes in the top-8.

Caufield, Broberg, and/or Podkolzin...although very unlikely.

I hope in this prediction we DO go for Krebs...but...he may be willing to trade down then to get Krebs at a later pick?? Is that what he means by I could move back and get a bunch of other things?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Because it’s the Ducks, you know that’s exactly what’s going to happen lol. So glad we got those points at the tail end of the season.

Also, I think that Murray is delusional if he thinks he’s drafting a player that will go straight into the Ducks’ lineup next year

So much this. I'd be supersurprised to see a guy available we'd really want. Two D men gone in the first 8? Don't think so. Maybe the oilers do us a solid by not picking a center but probably we're gonna get screwed over some way or another. It's that kind of season.

Then again would drafting Broberg be that bad? You gotta take the best player available and we lost some D men over the years so why not? But BM's comment about two D men going in the first 8 leads me to believe he doesn't have his eye on the Swedish defenseman for once :lol:

Edited by DucksFan_08

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Caufield, Broberg, and/or Podkolzin...although very unlikely.

I hope in this prediction we DO go for Krebs...but...he may be willing to trade down then to get Krebs at a later pick?? Is that what he means by I could move back and get a bunch of other things?

It could and I wouldn’t mind it at all if he did that. It all depends how far back he moves and if it’s worth losing another player he would like to select. I’m not sure that he’d get a bunch of things by moving back a few spots, so I don’t think the risk would be worth losing Krebs, assuming he’s the guy he’d want to take.

2 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

So much this. I'd be supersurprised to see a guy available we'd really want. Two D men gone in the first 8? Don't think so. Maybe the oilers do us a solid by not picking a center but probably we're gonna get screwed over some way or another. It's that kind of season.

Then again would drafting Broberg be that bad? You gotta take the best player available and we lost some D men over the years so why not? But BM's comment about two D men going in the first 8 leads me to believe he doesn't have his eye on the Swedish defenseman for once :lol:

Broberg could very well go to Edmonton or less likely to Buffalo. Edmonton needs defense and scoring more than centers with McDavid and RNH down the middle. His size and skating are good but his decision making and actual defending seem pretty questionable. I think he’s overhyped to be in the top 10 and would absolutely hate it if Murray took him. I’d rather take Boldy or Caufield. 

11 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think all four of those guys will be gone, which is brutal because I really like Dach and Zegras. If he drafted Lavoie then we’d pretty much be the Halifax Mooseheads since we have Morand and Groulx also lol. He’s listed as a RW and Murray wants a natural center so I don’t think he’d be our guy. We need Buffalo and Edmonton to do help us out. Unfortunately for us, Chiarelli is no longer in Edmonton.

After Hughes and Kakko, My prediction is:

Turcotte - Chicago

Zegras - Colorado

Byram - Los Angeles 

Dach - Detroit 

Buffalo - Broberg

Edmonton - Cozens

Ducks - Krebs

Really hoping Caufield goes in the top-8.

Going back to BM's statement of hoping to get someone who could be in the line up this coming season (which I agree that he's delusional) would Krebs injury have any impact in his future? Honestly, I think either Cozens or Dach falls thru the cracks. I hope also that they are 2 of the players BM is referring too as well. The third guy, who knows. I hope it's not one of the Swede's. I've seen Lavoie listed as C/RW but he's a big guy and he has a little speed to his game. So, who knows. We'll find out in a few hours what happens. Maybe a big trade, maybe moving up or down, it's draft day!!

43 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Going back to BM's statement of hoping to get someone who could be in the line up this coming season (which I agree that he's delusional) would Krebs injury have any impact in his future? Honestly, I think either Cozens or Dach falls thru the cracks. I hope also that they are 2 of the players BM is referring too as well. The third guy, who knows. I hope it's not one of the Swede's. I've seen Lavoie listed as C/RW but he's a big guy and he has a little speed to his game. So, who knows. We'll find out in a few hours what happens. Maybe a big trade, maybe moving up or down, it's draft day!!

I really hope that Dach or Cozens fall through also but I’m not counting on it. I’m not sure about the impact of Krebs Achilles injury. It’s horrible for football and basketball players but I’m not sure for hockey. I’d absolutely take that risk given he’d be the best center available. 

We need some luck and optimism, so please help us out, draft gods!

44 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I really hope that Dach or Cozens fall through also but I’m not counting on it. I’m not sure about the impact of Krebs Achilles injury. It’s horrible for football and basketball players but I’m not sure for hockey. I’d absolutely take that risk given he’d be the best center available. 

We need some luck and optimism, so please help us out, draft gods!

Krebs means cancer in german. I don’t mean anything by it but do we want to draft a player during this season named cancer? I'm not sure😁

18 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Krebs means cancer in german. I don’t mean anything by it but do we want to draft a player during this season named cancer? I'm not sure😁

Well today IS the start of the astrological sign Cancer...sooo...it would fit. By chance was he born June 21st - July 23rd??? And I've gotta say...Krebs is very close to sounding like Crab...(which is the symbol for Cancer...)

• Like 2

2 HOURS away from Ducks picking the Next Generation of our team to wear the Ducks Uni....FIRED UP AND LET'S GET this event started.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

They got Brian Burke on Sportsnet talking about how you always draft the best player available and all I can think of is Logan MacMillan

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Tonite's the Night....Let's see who the Ducks will Make official for this year's at Draft.....at 9th and 29th overall.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Bettman bringing out the Sedin twins to get Vancouver to stop booing

Crowd still boos whenever he opens his mouth hahahaha

• Haha 1

Murray just got his wish with 2 D taken before his pick. Hopefully that means one of the 3 players he was looking at is still there.

• Like 2

Just now, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I’ll take Zegras!

Not if he wants someone that will be ready for next season. Zegras is commited to college

• Like 2

Zegras is the obvious pick. He’s a Center and rated at #7 per Bob Mckenzie’s rankings, which are based on consensus from scouts. Murray goes off the board a lot though.

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, perry_mvp said:

Not if he wants someone that will be ready for next season. Zegras is commited to college

Oh no the dreaded “”committed”” to college player.... ooff

2 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Yeah, but no one he picks will be ready for next season though. I’m very happy with Zegras 

3 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Oh no the dreaded “”committed”” to college player.... ooff

Someone had to say it lol! Great pick in my opinion, big kid .

Won't be surprised at all if Zegras ends up being the best player from this year's draft, when all is said and done. Let's check back in 10 years and see if I'm right. LET'S GO DUCKS!

• Like 1