The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

He's a centre with a G and a Z in his last name. He passes my official "I have no idea what's going on here so draft the player with the coolest sounding name" test.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Welcome to the Ducks Trevor Zegras...Very Happy with this Pick and Ducks selecting Center fills one of our needs.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

He's a centre with a G and a Z in his last name. He passes my official "I have no idea what's going on here so draft the player with the coolest sounding name" test.

Then there is Suzuki playing in the Honda Center.

9 minutes ago, duck123 said:

Won't be surprised at all if Zegras ends up being the best player from this year's draft, when all is said and done. Let's check back in 10 years and see if I'm right. LET'S GO DUCKS!

Better bookmark this page 🤗

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Then there is Suzuki playing in the Honda Center.

Seriously, you have no idea how happy the Sam Steel pick made me :P

Also, shoutout to Cam York born in Anaheim and drafted 14th overall. Hockey doesn't work in Disneyland!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

6 non-forwards picked in the top 14.  huh.  5 of those d-men.  

GMs must be tired of overpaying for free agent defensemen.

• Like 1

Turcotte seems a little small.  Weighty, but small.  I think the kings missed the boat there.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Not if he wants someone that will be ready for next season. Zegras is commited to college

really? we will play next season at college? ok for the Seattle draft it would be okay... but I meant GMBM wanted one for next season...

Edited by Spike1981

Article on Zegras where they were forecasting Hawks to take him at 3. Amongst other things talks about his “incredible” playmaking skills which are highly creative.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.secondcityhockey.com/platform/amp/2019/6/19/18691478/nhl-2019-draft-chicago-blackhawks-third-overall-trevor-zegras-stats-highlights-analysis-reports

• Like 2

I early said Cozens would be my pick, but Zegras was in some rankings 3th... so its a nice pick.

I early also thought Caufield or maybe Krebs would be ok, but then I saw Caufield's height and Krebs is injured, we don't need more injury-guys... hope Zegras not have problems with injuries:)

6 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Article on Zegras where they were forecasting Hawks to take him at 3. Amongst other things talks about his “incredible” playmaking skills which are highly creative.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.secondcityhockey.com/platform/amp/2019/6/19/18691478/nhl-2019-draft-chicago-blackhawks-third-overall-trevor-zegras-stats-highlights-analysis-reports

He's been as high as #3.

I think Anaheim scored a steal.

• Thanks 1

Hope Zegras has elite talent to play in the NHL. He however seems like a very nice kid in the interview, a bit too nice and not as gritty, just my intuitive gut. He definitely seems like a “modern” hockey player less grit and more skill. I’m a tiny bit skeptical. Like Duck123 we’ll just have to go back to this page after some time has passed to see how he ends up. 

1 minute ago, RobD360 said:

Hope Zegras has elite talent to play in the NHL. He however seems like a very nice kid in the interview, a bit too nice and not as gritty, just my intuitive gut. He definitely seems like a “modern” hockey player less grit and more skill. I’m a tiny bit skeptical. Like Duck123 we’ll just have to go back to this page after some time has passed to see how he ends up. 

He's got a bit of sandpaper to his game and is known to agitate according to his scouting report. Murray wouldn't draft a complete softie lol. Given where we were drafting, I think Zegras is a great pick.

• Like 1

Just now, BombaysTripleDeke said:

He's got a bit of sandpaper to his game and is known to agitate according to his scouting report. Murray wouldn't draft a complete softie lol. Given where we were drafting, I think Zegras is a great pick.

Hope so. 

• Like 1

Just now, RobD360 said:

i agree that we kind of need an asshole or two on the team.  Bieksa was a bit of an a-hole, and that was needed at times.  Corey was too, and he was great at it (god i hope he doesn't go to nash or boston).

i've watched a few interviews with the draftees... Zegas might be, as you say, too nice.  There were a few in the top 12 that came off as possible contenders for ahole, but it's soooo hard to tell the difference between ahole and dbag.  tough call.

i agree that we kind of need an asshole or two on the team.  Bieksa was a bit of an a-hole, and that was needed at times.  Corey was too, and he was great at it (god i hope he doesn't go to nash or boston).

i've watched a few interviews with the draftees... Zegas might be, as you say, too nice.  There were a few in the top 12 that came off as possible contenders for ahole, but it's soooo hard to tell the difference between ahole and dbag.  tough call.

Max Jones will be our guy for that!

2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I've read his high side projection is a better Barzal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

I early said Cozens would be my pick, but Zegras was in some rankings 3th... so its a nice pick.

I early also thought Caufield or maybe Krebs would be ok, but then I saw Caufield's height and Krebs is injured, we don't need more injury-guys... hope Zegras not have problems with injuries:)

the sad thing is that it's reported someone's skate sliced part way through his Achilles.  so, he isn't prone to injury, just got injured.  unclear, though, if he was horsing around (bad judgement) or if it was just really, really bad luck.

Too nice?  A holes?  What the heck is that?

I would like to see a hockey player - that can score goals and create - and perhaps do it with some class and grace.  There are enough A holes in this world.

Christ!

• Like 2

Just now, hoxxey said:

I would like to see a hockey player - that can score goals and create - and perhaps do it with some class and grace.  There are enough A holes in this world. 

Christ!

at first we need good hockey players... we don't need A-holes, we need guys which step-in for others and to protect they like Holzer...

1 minute ago, hoxxey said:

Christ!

would you rather have another corey perry, or another nick ritchie?  

would you rather have another corey perry, or another nick ritchie?  

Nick Ritchie too nice?

4 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

I've read his high side projection is a better Barzal.

i think i'd be on board with that.

Just now, ZTHER said:

Nick Ritchie too nice?

he's too bland.  he's certainly not an ahole.  he doesn't frustrate other players, he gets frustrated BY other players.