The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

14 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

GMBM wanted to draft a defenseman? a lot of them are gone...

BM is on record for saying he wanted a center.

Just now, DuckFan4Life said:

BM is on record for saying he wanted a center. 

with the first selection yes I know... but I think with the 29th he wanted a defense...

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

this A-hole you mean not must be our best player! I don't want my best guy see always in the penalty box...

i want an ahole that isn't just a goon that racks up penalty minutes.  i want an ahole forward who swaggers and can rack up points, and that can draw penalties from opponents without licking them or flopping like forsberg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i want an ahole that isn't just a goon that racks up penalty minutes.  i want an ahole forward who swaggers and can rack up points, and that can draw penalties from opponents without licking them or flopping like forsberg.

the best players make penalties for opponents with their plays... not with A-hole skills...

Edited by Spike1981

6 minutes ago, Fisix said:

he's too bland.  he's certainly not an ahole.  he doesn't frustrate other players, he gets frustrated BY other players.

Fair enough.

am i right that the shark's only pick in the first round is our next one?  i don't see them anywhere on the board in the first round.

oof, i think we wanted ANY of the players picked from 18-23.  sad face.

5 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

the best players make penalties for opponents with their plays... not with A-hole skills...

i'm not disagreeing, but i think the best TEAMS have a few skillful aholes on their rosters.  we're lacking in that department.

So for those who wanted the Ducks to tank:  Do you think we could have done better than Zegras (outside of Hughes or Kaako of course)?

Edited by CAsFirstCup
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CAsFirstCup said:

So for those who wanted the Ducks to tank:  Do you think we could have done better than Zegras (outside of Hughes or Kaako of course)?

Its difficult to answer at this time, there are more players who could be the 3th best... 

Will Kaliyev fall to the Ducks?

Edit: He was supposed to go in the midteens, we may get a 2nd steal.

Edited by Thom-74

Just now, perry_mvp said:

Anyone think Lavoie would be a good pick at 29th?

Absolutely. We could get him, Kaliyev or Brink. Teams are going bonkers on defensemen. If we get one of those guys, then I'm going to be very happy with our draft so far.

• Like 1

Who is that girl at our desk wearing a #19 draft sweater? Looks like it says Patterson or something like that on the back. Is that a clue to our next pick or just family of a staffer whose name is slipping my mind at the moment?

1 minute ago, Thom-74 said:

Will Kaliyev fall to the Ducks?

I think he's falling because I've heard he doesn't have a good work ethic. Kind of a lazy guy.

• Like 1

So for those who wanted the Ducks to tank:  Do you think we could have done better than Zagras (outside of Hughes or Kaako of course)?

i think:
Dach - C
Seider - D
Cozens - C
Broberg - D

Might have been better bets if they came down to us.  If only C's, then only 2 (other than what you mentioned).

Edited by Fisix

6 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I think he's falling because I've heard he doesn't have a good work ethic. Kind of a lazy guy.

Aaaah. Guess we won't take him then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Who is that girl at our desk wearing a #19 draft sweater? Looks like it says Patterson or something like that on the back. Is that a clue to our next pick or just family of a staffer whose name is slipping my mind at the moment?

BM's daughter?

14 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Anyone think Lavoie would be a good pick at 29th?

YES.  or maybe Kaliyev.  i'm not hip on Brink (and may live to regret that statement).  

Edited by Fisix

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Maybe they can take one of them at #39 now.

Sounds like they could have taken the 29th pick at 39th.