The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

23 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Has there been a statement from Perry to the fans or the organization at all? anything like that? besides that interview he did talking about how it stings?

No, nothing specifically directed at the fans as to sum up the 15 years and I feel a wee bit let down by this fact.

• Like 1

Looking like Perry is talking with the Oilers, Hawks, Preds, and Stars...god I hope he doesn't go to any of those team except the Stars lol

The Stars could also sign forward Corey Perry, whose contract was bought out by the Anaheim Ducks on June 19. The 34-year-old had 10 points (six goals, four assists) in 31 games this season and has 776 points (372 goals, 404 assists) in 988 NHL games, all with Anaheim.

Dallas Stars are hoping to add two veteran forwards. Pavelski expected to sign a 3 year contract with the Stars and it’s believed Dallas is also an option for Corey Perry.

Not too happy about this prospect.

TSNVerified account @TSN_Sports
Corey Perry is reportedly going to be a Dallas Star.

JUNE 30, 2019 AT 8:59 PM CDT | BY BRIAN LA ROSE LEAVE A COMMENT

It appears as if Joe Pavelski won’t be the only veteran heading to Dallas.  TSN’s Frank Seravalli reports (Twitter link) that winger Corey Perry will sign a one-year deal with the Stars.  The deal will carry a $1.5MM base salary and will also contain performance bonuses.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

It appears as if Joe Pavelski won’t be the only veteran heading to Dallas.  TSN’s Frank Seravalli reports (Twitter link) that winger Corey Perry will sign a one-year deal with the Stars.  The deal will carry a $1.5MM base salary and will also contain performance bonuses.

That's a really good deal for Dallas. They see their window and are swinging for the fences. Good to know that while Dallas is going all-in Murray is choosing to just needlessly throw away draft picks and create an unnecessary logjam on the wing in the process

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That's a really good deal for Dallas. They see their window and are swinging for the fences. Good to know that while Dallas is going all-in Murray is choosing to just needlessly throw away draft picks and create an unnecessary logjam on the wing in the process

He just is incompetent 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoxxey said:

He just is incompetent 

Yes, this is my biggest complaint against BM. I'm not asking him to go all out and land big time FA. What I don't like is trading picks to pick up players who for the most part are redundant/ head scratchers. Carter Rowney who? Was last year. As are others. Then we trade them again. What's the point? This same logic applies top Cogliano. Why? We let grant go at the end of last year, then trade for him again. What's the point? He still never found a left winger for the twins. He always picks up at least one pylon on the blue line. I'm not even going to get into the wiz biz trade. Stoner was signed to a strange contract that we also had to give a player to take him instead of someone else. Sure we had to give up somebody, but you have to give more to get rid of contracts like that. Bieksa was also a head scratcher in the NMC. We hardly ever kept players who were effective after the trade deadline. But stocking up on redundant 3rd and 4th liners is a must. I don't get it. If he picked up REAL GOOD 3rd and 4th liners that would be another story but usually it's from the bargain bin. I'm beginning to suspect it's not the owners policy or our budget. It's BM thinking he's going to get a steal and more often than not it's a fake picasso and not the real one that gets pulled out. Though he seems to think it's the real one. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I hope this is true! I'd like to see Perry/Cogs together win the Cup (if we don't, of course lol) and we wont face them TOO much...and that's not a bad price, at all!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

LOL! Perry to Dallas on a cheap 1-year deal is basically trolling Bob Murray as payback for bringing in Garnett and Robidas. 

Wonder how Stars fans are going to take this too. Pears has been less popular in Dallas than he has been anywhere else in the league.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

LOL! Perry to Dallas on a cheap 1-year deal is basically trolling Bob Murray as payback for bringing in Garnett and Robidas. 

Wonder how Stars fans are going to take this too. Pears has been less popular in Dallas than he has been anywhere else in the league.

Looks like Dallas is also picking up Sekera. 

Expect DAL to sign recently bought-out defenceman Andrej Sekera to a one-year contract today.

1.5M in base salary, $500 in potential bonuses.

19 minutes ago, Fisix said:

this is crazy.  i did NOT expect CP to go to Dallas of all places, let alone for that pittance of a base salary.  woof.

Dallas just signed Pavelski for 3 x $7M too. I can't figure out why Pears would want to go there with Pavs also going there. They have poor center depth behind Seguin and Pears now has a crowded RW depth chart with Radulov and Pavelski. Doesn't seem like a very ideal situation for him to hit his bonuses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Dallas just signed Pavelski for 3 x $7M too. I can't figure out why Pears would want to go there with Pavs also going there. They have poor center depth behind Seguin and Pears now has a crowded RW depth chart with Radulov and Pavelski. Doesn't seem like a very ideal situation for him to hit his bonuses.

Didn't Pavelski play center once upon a time?  Maybe Dallas is thinking of moving him back.  Or maybe they're not done.

10 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Didn't Pavelski play center once upon a time?  Maybe Dallas is thinking of moving him back.  Or maybe they're not done.

Yes, he's played a lot of center. But he turns 35 on July 11th. Are the Stars really expecting a 35-year-old Joe Pavelski to center a 2nd line behind Seguin? 

33 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Yes, he's played a lot of center. But he turns 35 on July 11th. Are the Stars really expecting a 35-year-old Joe Pavelski to center a 2nd line behind Seguin? 

As of now, the answer appears to be yes.

• Like 1

Man...Perry with Benn would be interesting...my guess is Perry is signing 'cause of a talk about what kind of minutes he'll be getting.

This signing also shows just how much we were overpaying him...that (AFTER BONUSES) is still $5 mil less...wow...

• Like 2

So shouldn't that new pay extinguish his 'fire' that was lit up by the buyout? I mean, for a former mvp...and an older Pavelski signing simultaneously for a lot more....

5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Because: behind the scenes, CP thought he was coming on strong and would be fine and have a good  season.  Then the Ducks tossed him out.  He is fully paid and wants to prove something.

I am mind reading and guessing.  Bet it’s accurate.

Phone interview with Corey Perry on Dallas team site. Was grateful for Anahiem organization for giving him a chance to play and had only positive things to say about owners and management.

Sounded like he was with Getz and Fowler when he learned of buy out. 

Sounded happy to be starting new chapter in career and wants to win the cup.

Said knee is at 100 % and he is ready to play.

Wish him success in Dallas.

WhataBurger is good, but not as good as In and Out

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

Still waiting to hear Getz reaction to all of this! He's been suspiciously quiet....

3 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

Also, agreed!!

27 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

Phone interview with Corey Perry on Dallas team site. Was grateful for Anahiem organization for giving him a chance to play and had only positive things to say about owners and management.

Sounded happy to be starting new chapter in career and wants to win the cup.

Said knee is at 100 % and he is ready to play.

Wish him success in Dallas.

Dallas has In-N-Out too...

Edited by dtsdlaw

20 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I knew buying out Perry wasn’t going to free up a roster spot.  And the fact that he traded a draft pick for a LW instead of a RW is irrelevant.  Wingers are interchangeable, as I noted earlier in this thread.  So I ask again, since the Ducks aren’t serious Cup contenders in the next 2 years, what advantage have the Ducks gained by buying out Perry? They will now have an unnecessary cap hit in 21-22 and 22-23.

9 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

If he plays well, I guarantee they will like him.

5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Didn’t he score 34 or so goals last year?  And hasn’t Thornton centered the Sharks’ 1st or 2nd lines for several years at 35 and older?

31 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

I knew buying out Perry wasn’t going to free up a roster spot.  And the fact that he traded a draft pick for a LW instead of a RW is irrelevant.  Wingers are interchangeable, as I noted earlier in this thread.  So I ask again, since the Ducks aren’t serious Cup contenders in the next 2 years, what advantage have the Ducks gained by buying out Perry? They will now have an unnecessary cap hit in 21-22 and 22-23.

My biggest grip with this trade is giving up a draft pick for someone that you shouldn't give up a draft pick for, let alone a 4th rounder. Deslauriers isn't going to take a top-9 spot (if he does then this season will be ugly). To me, Perry's buyout is for Troy Terry more than anyone else, then possibly Sprong, assuming that he isn't traded. Terry is going to need those Perry minutes, especially on the PP. As dtsdlaw said, he might force Rowney over to RW and freeze out Sherwood, who I think deserves every opportunity to secure that spot. Murray talked about sheltering and protecting the kids and I guess this is part of objective. As of now, he doesn't appear to be concerned with addressing things like goal scoring or defense lol

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, dtsdlaw said:

If he plays his very annoying style they will absolutely LOVE HIM - watch out for the WATER BOTTLE TRICK !! LOL

I was looking at and comparing Perry and Pavelski. They have a pretty similar career. Goals, assists and points wise they are really close. Perry has way more penalty minutes though. But as I looked a little closer Perry had a higher ceiling. He cracked 50 goals and had more points in his prime. But the drop off in his play the last few years was much more noticeable. Pavelski has been far more consistent even though his ceiling wasn't as high as perry's. But I think Perry played a far more physical game and paid the price through nagging injuries and such. Overall, I think Pavelski had a good career so far. Perry also had a good career, but I think the big drop in points and production as well as having that contract has hurt his image a bit. Even though I would say he was the better player of the two over the course of his career. Perry would still be a duck if it wasn't for that contract. I think BM weighed the contract to his production and looked at the kids and saw better value and more potential at this point. 

I just wanted to point out the comparison because I came across it and thought how similar their overall production was for their career. Oh and Perry's place on the all time ducks lists and Pavelski's on the sharks is almost the same! It's quite an interesting comparison. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I was looking at and comparing Perry and Pavelski. They have a pretty similar career. Goals, assists and points wise they are really close. Perry has way more penalty minutes though. But as I looked a little closer Perry had a higher ceiling. He cracked 50 goals and had more points in his prime. But the drop off in his play the last few years was much more noticeable. Pavelski has been far more consistent even though his ceiling wasn't as high as perry's. But I think Perry played a far more physical game and paid the price through nagging injuries and such. Overall, I think Pavelski had a good career so far. Perry also had a good career, but I think the big drop in points and production as well as having that contract has hurt his image a bit. Even though I would say he was the better player of the two over the course of his career. Perry would still be a duck if it wasn't for that contract. I think BM weighed the contract to his production and looked at the kids and saw better value and more potential at this point. 

I just wanted to point out the comparison because I came across it and thought how similar their overall production was for their career. Oh and Perry's place on the all time ducks lists and Pavelski's on the sharks is almost the same! It's quite an interesting comparison. 

Interesting! points per game is interesting...but...man, I'd love to see what a points per ice time is. Perry with so many penalty minutes, wouldn't be surprised if his points per ice time would be a bit greater.

I also agree...Perry would still be a Duck if he had a much cheaper contract right now -- or he didn't drop off as much as he has been.

14 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Interesting! points per game is interesting...but...man, I'd love to see what a points per ice time is. Perry with so many penalty minutes, wouldn't be surprised if his points per ice time would be a bit greater.

I also agree...Perry would still be a Duck if he had a much cheaper contract right now -- or he didn't drop off as much as he has been.

Perry regular season: 17,901mins / 372G / 404A / 776pts

Pavelski regular season: 18,182mins / 355G / 406A / 761pts

Perry playoffs: 2,152mins / 36G / 53A / 89pts

Pavelski playoffs: 2,747mins / 48G / 52A / 100pts

Pavelski (7th round, pick # 205) was also drafted 177 spots later than Perry (1st round, pick # 28) in that infamous 2003 draft. Great careers for both guys though.

• Thanks 3