The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

17 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Perry regular season: 17,901mins / 372G / 404A / 776pts

Pavelski regular season: 18,182mins / 355G / 406A / 761pts

Perry playoffs: 2,152mins / 36G / 53A / 89pts

Pavelski playoffs: 2,747mins / 48G / 52A / 100pts

Pavelski (7th round, pick # 205) was also drafted 177 spots later than Perry (1st round, pick # 28) in that infamous 2003 draft. Great careers for both guys though.

Sweeet! Thanks!!

So Perry's points per minute are: 0.043 and Pavelski's is 0.041 soooo pretty close!

Perry in the playoffs is 0.041 and Pavelski's is 0.036 ...but Pavelski was on the Sharks soooo ya know...playoff choking etc... :P

But yeah, not bad for a 7th round pick! And really, Pavelski is a "stronger" player right now anyway.

• Like 2

I did some calculations and here are the minutes played for every point scored. 

Perry- 23.07

Playoffs- 24.18

Pavelski- 23.89

Playoffs- 27.47

Though both players took a hit in the playoffs Pavelski was worse. But if you compare them before Perry started dropping off you will probably notice a bigger difference. Though Pavelski is a steal in that draft. 

• Like 3

Perry has a fracture in his foot, will miss 2 weeks.

He may not start opening night which means he wouldn't play his 1000th game against Anaheim which is kinda sad.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:48 PM, nieder said:

Perry has a fracture in his foot, will miss 2 weeks.

He may not start opening night which means he wouldn't play his 1000th game against Anaheim which is kinda sad.

Can't wish anything but the best to Corey but he's proving Bob made the right call. A fluke injury 2 days before training camp? Yeah that's about right what GMBM's been complaining all this time.

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

anyone watching the stars game??? hows he looking??

I didn't watch but judging by you bringing this up it was his first game...well they lost their fourth in a row, this specific one 1-2 to the BJ's.

NHL.com:

Corey Perry had one shot on goal in 13:55 in his Stars debut. The 34-year-old also signed as an unrestricted free agent on July 1 after 14 seasons with the Anaheim Ducks but broke his foot before training camp.

"I got the nerves out early and just played hockey," Perry said. "It was good to get back out there."

Sounds like he's a solid 3d-liner on a team a-la the Sharks - high expectations and big roster moves but no dice.

15 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

He’s got a goal and 2 assists tonight against the Flyers. Good for him.  

really happy to see that :)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 4:26 AM, Spencer_12 said:

He’s got a goal and 2 assists tonight against the Flyers. Good for him.  

I'd be happy if he outplays Pavelski and carries the Stars to some stardom. Just not at our expense, please.

2 hours ago, Belarus said:

Congrats to Perry on his 1000th game!  Would have been nice to reach the milestone with the Ducks before being bought out.

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-corey-perry-becomes-340th-player-in-nhl-history-to-reach-1000-games-played/c-311253508

It's very nice of them to write up such a detailed article with a boatload of juicy stats. Ours for Getz was not so informative I recall?

• Like 1

It's crazy to think how many players are in the game. How many players have played over 102 seasons (granted alot of the early seasons were six teams). And Perry is only the 340th player to reach the 1K milestone.

With modern strength training, nutrition and medical services, I'm sure we'll see more and more players reaching the thousand game mark.

Edited by poum
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, poum said:

It's crazy to think how many players are in the game. How many players have played over 102 seasons (granted alot of the early seasons were six teams). And Perry is only the 340th player to reach the 1K milestone.

With modern strength training, nutrition and medical services, I'm sure we'll see more and more players reaching the thousand game mark.

The modern rules changes will be the biggest help of all.   How many years more might Perry have been productive for the Ducks had he not be assaulted, beaten, hacked, cross-checked, and slashed (often without calls despite the obvious effects on his ability to handle pucks).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

GP: 14

G: 2

A: 2

P: 4

Meanwhile...

Troy Terry - 2G / 2A / 4pts / -6 in 21 games

Ondrej Kase - 1G / 6A / 7pts / +4 in 15 games

[Not trying to make any kind of a point here. Just think it's interesting to see Perry's replacement(s) posting essentially the same stats that Perry has in Dallas thus far.] 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Meanwhile...

Troy Terry - 2G / 2A / 4pts / -6 in 21 games

Ondrej Kase - 1G / 6A / 7pts / +4 in 15 games

[Not trying to make any kind of a point here. Just think it's interesting to see Perry's replacement(s) posting essentially the same stats that Perry has in Dallas thus far.] 

Kase is not Perrys replacement (he's been a starter since 2016-2017) imo.  Could argue Terry is his replacement, and Perry was bought out to make a permanent roster spot for him.  I know Terry has underperformed when compared to last year, but the point is both players have similar stats, while the salary discrepancy is $925,000 vs $8.625M. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Kase is not Perrys replacement (he's been a starter since 2016-2017) imo.  Could argue Terry is his replacement, and Perry was bought out to make a permanent roster spot for him.  I know Terry has underperformed when compared to last year, but the point is both players have similar stats, while the salary discrepancy is $925,000 vs $8.625M. 

Yeah, that’s why I typed it as “replacement(s)” with the quotes around the plural. Could go either way for Kase. He has certainly been a top-6 RW in the past, but you could also make an argument that he’s been playing on Getzlaf’s RW, which was traditionally Pears’ spot, so in a way he has replaced CP10 in a specific spot in the lineup. When Pears was here and healthy, he was usually with Getzlaf (aside from some odd lines during the end of BB’s tenure) and a Kase was on Rico’s RW.

Again, no argument here about the justifications for the change. Just thought it was an interesting parallel in production.

11 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

With that kind of production, I think this might be Perry's last year. 

Big bodies that go to the net are still in demand someone like the Islanders might still pick him up. Also: the dinosaur graveyard Detroit, considering how close it is to his hometown, too.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:47 PM, g20topdogg said:

With that kind of production, I think this might be Perry's last year. 

3 point night for Perry. That's what, 9 points so far? He missed a big part of training camp. New environment and a new team that had a pretty rough start btw. I think given the circumstances that's pretty good production. They're paying him 1-2 mil? If he keeps that up no way he calls it quits after this season. And even if his production is low he still brings grit and experience. He's not expected to be a top 6 winger anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Good for Perry! I smiled through the whole video. Getzlaf's words hurt a little though, wish they could have both hit 1k together. 

I'm seriously beginning to hate on Dallas less the way they handled Perry and his milestones this year. Good on them!

Edited by Aksun
more =/= less
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 1:15 AM, g20topdogg said:

Good for Perry! I smiled through the whole video. Getzlaf's words hurt a little though, wish they could have both hit 1k together. 

Dittos.  But this is the suck-side of the sports business.  Love his family and they all look alike.

One wonders whether Corey could have, should have, had the surgery he had this off season, a few back?  Maybe he'd still be a Duck and productive.  As it was, he looked so 'giraffe on ice' most of the time, the buy-out had to be done.  Bummer and well-deserved honors for CP and family.

21 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm guessing there's a suspension coming...

i wonder if he'll be in the line-up for his game later this month at Honda Center!

He has a meeting with DPS on Friday. I don't know if the hit was intentional.(probably was) but Ellis sure flopped down in typical prediver fashion.That walk of shame when Perry was ejected was terrible.

Perry's production over 34 games  is 3 goals and 10 assists for 13 points, 0.38 points per game. It's sad to see him decline. I wonder if he gets traded at the deadline or if the Stars resign him next year.

On 1/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, Jasoaks said:

I'm guessing there's a suspension coming...

i wonder if he'll be in the line-up for his game later this month at Honda Center!

That was very reminiscent of the dirty, awful, almost fatal hit by the Dirty Duck's player, Andrew "headhunter" Cogliano that saw a 2-game suspension to end his consecutive games-played streak.

Which of course means it was the kind of "hit" that in past decades would not have brought a reaction from the target, but who now spin, flop, and cross their eyes because 'he touched me'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

He has a meeting with DPS on Friday. I don't know if the hit was intentional.(probably was) but Ellis sure flopped down in typical prediver fashion.That walk of shame when Perry was ejected was terrible.

I really don't think Perry was head hunting. He likes to be pesky and annoying and play with an edge, but he's never been the guy looking to injure. I think he should be suspended, but the intention isn't there. I really felt for him watching him walk all the way. Man, it hurt to see. 3 minutes into the winter classic...i bet he was stoked to be there 😕

3 hours ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

That was very reminiscent of the dirty, awful, almost fatal hit by the Dirty Duck's player, Andrew "headhunter" Cogliano that saw a 2-game suspension to end his consecutive games-played streak.

Which of course means it was the kind of "hit" that in past decades would not have brought a reaction from the target, but who now spin, flop, and cross their eyes because 'he touched me'.

I also really don't think Ryan Ellis was really, like....diving, diving. Sure, maybe he embellished it, but like...he's not looking to take himself out of the winter classic for this. There was certainly a hit to the head...he definitely got hit in the head. I don't know if you've ever unexpectedly been hit in the head...but it hurts...and you fall. Concussion protocol has you taken out of the game for inspection and then put back in if everything is cool. There's no way they kept him out for the rest of the game if the doctors thought he could keep playing.

the Cogs hit was nothing like this lol 

38 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

the Cogs hit was nothing like this lol 

I honestly disagree:  The Cogs hit was exactly like this hit - passing by and his shoulder contacted the head of the opponent because their face/jaw sticks out.  Neither was intentional (Perry has a history, Cogs not, so maybe, sorta, Perry has to overcome that).

Were you being sarcastic?  I can't tell.  But I know what I see which is from the cheap seats in front of my computer screen.

1 hour ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

I honestly disagree:  The Cogs hit was exactly like this hit - passing by and his shoulder contacted the head of the opponent because their face/jaw sticks out.  Neither was intentional (Perry has a history, Cogs not, so maybe, sorta, Perry has to overcome that).

Were you being sarcastic?  I can't tell.  But I know what I see which is from the cheap seats in front of my computer screen.

I wasn't being sarcastic...but I could be remembering incorrectly. From my recollection the hit from Cogs didn't result in injury. The player got up fine and was back in the game, right? To me, that makes this hit very different than Perry's.

But if I'm wrong about that, then...yeah, I'll take the sarcastic assumption :P 

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I wasn't being sarcastic...but I could be remembering incorrectly. From my recollection the hit from Cogs didn't result in injury. The player got up fine and was back in the game, right? To me, that makes this hit very different than Perry's.

But if I'm wrong about that, then...yeah, I'll take the sarcastic assumption :P 

Cogs got shafted in that whole ordeal.About a month earlier when cogs signed an extension with the Ducks it was mentioned in the press release that if he remained healthy he would exceed the current iron man record during that contract. I believe there were powers that be in Toronto that didn't like the idea of a "Mighty Duck" holding that record and when they saw the slightest chance to suspend him and break his streak they did.

• Like 1