The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

On 1/1/2020 at 12:00 PM, Jasoaks said:

I'm guessing there's a suspension coming...

i wonder if he'll be in the line-up for his game later this month at Honda Center!

Suspended 5 games. Guess we'll look forward to an April Fools Day reunion instead.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Suspended 5 games. Guess we'll look forward to an April Fools Day reunion instead.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck...........

dude....that's heartbreaking. I know some people hate pears....but...dude...2 minutes into the winter classic he's not trying to head hunt....his family was there....he's not trying to injure someone....i just....sigh...maybe im biased...but.... dude..... and now that's delaying his Ducks reunion....wow....they hit him hard.

i understand. i have no problem with him being suspended...but...that just makes me sad 😕

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

i guess i'll have to look at the video.  it didn't look like a 5 game to me, but maybe the injury to the other guy pumped it.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

i guess i'll have to look at the video.  it didn't look like a 5 game to me, but maybe the injury to the other guy pumped it.

It's his 3rd suspension i believe. That was the major factor i'm guessing. Moreso than the fact that Ellis was hurt. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gilligoos said:

It's his 3rd suspension i believe. That was the major factor i'm guessing. Moreso than the fact that Ellis was hurt. 

I thought there was a statute of limitations there...since his last one was back in 2011...but maybe not. they said in the video him having a history of it played a part.

I feel the DoPS...(more like D o POS amirite?!) seems to just spin a wheel to figure out days of suspension...

man...it sucks that Ellis got taken out of such a cool game so early...it really does. but also you can just see the embarrassment and shame on Perry's face from the moment he was in the penalty box to being told to leave the game....the whole thing just really sucks 😕 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I thought there was a statute of limitations there...since his last one was back in 2011...but maybe not. they said in the video him having a history of it played a part.

I feel the DoPS...(more like D o POS amirite?!) seems to just spin a wheel to figure out days of suspension...

man...it sucks that Ellis got taken out of such a cool game so early...it really does. but also you can just see the embarrassment and shame on Perry's face from the moment he was in the penalty box to being told to leave the game....the whole thing just really sucks 😕 

That only affects the amount of the fine that can be levied, not the number of games he can be suspended for.

Nearly a week and a half since the beginning of ufa signings and it is sad to see  Perry among the players yet to be signed. Especially after watching his efforts in the last several games of the playoffs. He's not the player he used to be but man... I just hope some team offers him something so he doesn't end up on a PTO.

Annnnnnd now Perry is a Hab! Interesting signing....does Montreal think with a division like this they could get into the playoffs? Not sure why else you sign Perry except for him to show up in the playoffs. I like the signing for them...man...if they sneak into the playoffs...I wouldn't count them out so quickly....

10 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Annnnnnd now Perry is a Hab! Interesting signing....does Montreal think with a division like this they could get into the playoffs? Not sure why else you sign Perry except for him to show up in the playoffs. I like the signing for them...man...if they sneak into the playoffs...I wouldn't count them out so quickly....

They've added a few grit players to add some much needed snarl to their game. Glad to see Perry has a place to play at least one more season.

• Like 1

Looks like Perry is on waivers....I mean, I feel this makes more sense than montreal signing him lol but i feel bad he's on waivers...i hope someone picks him up....maybe Colorado? Edmonton? Oh could you imagine if Edmonton did lol

39 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Looks like Perry is on waivers....I mean, I feel this makes more sense than montreal signing him lol but i feel bad he's on waivers...i hope someone picks him up....maybe Colorado? Edmonton? Oh could you imagine if Edmonton did lol

He'll likely start on their taxi squad and will probably end up playing at least 1/2 of the games this season. This looks like a simple accounting move to keep them cap compliant when the season opens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

He'll likely start on their taxi squad and will probably end up playing at least 1/2 of the games this season. This looks like a simple accounting move to keep them cap compliant when the season opens. 

just like Djoos, right.....just like Djoos?!?!?! ....it was supposed to be a simple accounting move....just a simple accounting move... 😢 ..... :P 

Lots of people online making fun of Perry for getting waived and calling him washed as if he didn't just score 3 huge goals in the Stanley Cup Final a few months ago. Meanwhile, hockey fans are supposed to be excited about mesozoic era all-star Joe Thornton in a Leafs sweater. I don't get it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Lots of people online making fun of Perry for getting waived and calling him washed as if he didn't just score 3 huge goals in the Stanley Cup Final a few months ago. Meanwhile, hockey fans are supposed to be excited about mesozoic era all-star Joe Thornton in a Leafs sweater. I don't get it.

People that don't understand how waivers/salary cap/taxi squad works this season. I got a similar message from a friend of mine. I basically said the guy is about 3 months removed from scoring an OT goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, doesn't really sound washed up to me. He probably won't score more than 20 points this season but the guy has achieved far more than any of these internet warriors ever will.

11 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I'd rather have Perry than Thornton on my team... especially when looking for clutch playoff performers...I personally was just shocked that montreal would go after a player that I would think would be looked at as a guy you get for the playoffs. But maybe there are other factors. And hey, maybe Montreal makes it and has a deep run! I feel with Weber and Price that isn't out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

I guess I'm going to be that guy.  I think Perry's done.  Sure, he can still stand in front of the net on a power play and cause the other team grief, and he'll bang in a dirty goal from time to time at even strength, but I don't think two good games in the Stanley Cup is an indicator that he's going to be good for a whole season.  He can't skate, his hands are okay but not nearly what they used to be, and he's a liability in the defensive zone.  Teams on the bubble can't really afford to waste the roster spot on a guy like Perry; they need more from every line and Perry isn't going to be an above average bottom six player.

I could see Perry as a bottom six guy for a top team.  He would fit right in with Vegas or St. Louis, or the Avs could use him for a change of pace from their speedy guys.  Basically, he could be what Pat Maroon has been on the last two Cup teams - a guy who's going to play 10 - 12 minutes a night, be a net-front presence on your power play, and, if you don't need his contributions to get INTO the playoffs, he can get you some of those ugly playoff goals that every team needs.  Those teams can hide Perry during the regular season and utilize his skills once they get to the playoffs.  I could see a guy like Perry (or Thornton) being useful for Toronto where they could use that veteran presence in the postseason.  But I don't think Montreal can afford the roster spot.  They need to get into the playoffs first, and I don't think Perry is going to help with that.

5 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Teams on the bubble can't really afford to waste the roster spot on a guy like Perry; they need more from every line and Perry isn't going to be an above average bottom six player.

Completely agree which is why I was so confused about Montreal signing him....I wouldn't mind seeing him join in one of the top teams that need depth scoring.