The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become to villain. 

I know Perry deserves the long standing ovation for his work, commitment, and contributions to the organization. But of all the teams he could’ve signed with... ouch. I mean, just look....

FCDDD3D0-EB80-4828-8F0A-2C81AAE9E044.jpeg

25 minutes ago, turnonthejets87 said:

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become to villain. 

I know Perry deserves the long standing ovation for his work, commitment, and contributions to the organization. But of all the teams he could’ve signed with... ouch. I mean, just look....

FCDDD3D0-EB80-4828-8F0A-2C81AAE9E044.jpeg

He actually looks happy.... looks..... relieved

• Like 1

When Pears returns...All Ducks Fans give him Standing O. His Contributions to Ducks will never be forgotten. What Corey Perry is he left his mark on Ducks and all...Love him or Hate him he is forever a Duck that advance "Ducks Cause" aka Winning.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

That's hideous.  I will remember Perry fondly, but I hope the Stars win exactly three games next season (the ones they play against the Kings).  Scratch that, they are also allowed to win the games against the Predators.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

That's hideous.  I will remember Perry fondly, but I hope the Stars win exactly three games next season (the ones they play against the Kings).  Scratch that, they are also allowed to win the games against the Predators.

Hideous Yes...But like other former Ducks who contributed to us. We got use to Kariya in Avs Uni,Selanne in Sharks uni and Giguere in Leafs Uni. Like you say Yes Stars should win three games including one against the Queens.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Who knew wishing for Dallas to eliminate Trashville in the playoffs this spring would result in monkey paw level consequences? I feel sick looking at that :unsure:

• Like 3

If you look at his stats the last few years, it makes sense that management cut him.  He was an eye sore for the money he was being paid, so they rather train up some youth.....AND try to forget about the money they lost.  With that said, Getzlaf and Perry will always be remembered as dynamic players in my mind.

I guess I'm sort of a band wagon fan now when it comes to sports, I don't have time to waste on watching really horrible teams play.  My time is more valuable now.  I do like watching skill.  Pavel Datsyuk for instance was fun to watch.

The Ducks have really been unwatchable since Chris Pronger left.  Wake me up when the Ducks have a good defense again...

Edited by j0ejure

So Perry's return to Anaheim will be the same night as Cogliano's.

I hope the former doesn't overshadow the latter.  

• Confused 1

He looks like a leprechaun in green. At least it's not toilet water yellow? 🤔

• Like 3

Anaheim vs Dallas is Perry's 1,000th game if he plays every game from the start of the season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Could be worse. I heard the 3 teams that were interested the most were the Sharks, Preds, and Stars...and the Stars seem like the lesser of three evils compared to the other two contenders :ph34r:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChopSuey said:

Shhhhhh  Bob is sleeping....God forbid someone wake him and he do something of value....Such a sad decline.....

Did you just come on here to moan about not overspending?  I swear that's all your 24 posts have been.  

We have enough of those already, thanks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Did you just come on here to moan about not overspending?  I swear that's all your 24 posts have been.  

We have enough of those already, thanks.

Ahh so im not allowed to express an opinion.  Only if it agrees with your opinion.  So attack the poster.  The forecast calls for Snowflakes

• Like 1

The # of Season Ticket Holders is down, to it's lowest point in probably 17 years, and aside from the few marquee games, Honda Center will be half full most of the time, meaning there will be fewer people parking or buying overpriced concessions and souvenirs.  The Ducks ownership really doesn't want to spend much right now, be it on Players or Head Coaches.  Those days appear to be in the past.

So they'll field a team with someone taking on his 1st NHL Head Coaching position.  He'll have, for the periods when they're healthy, a Great Center in Ryan Getzlaf, and an All Star Goalie in John Gibson.  They'll be complimented by Rakell, who was inconsistent this past season, some other decent but not spectacular Veterans like Henrique, Lindholm & Fowler.  The other half of the team will be made up of NHL Journeymen and 2018 or '19 Gulls players.  Perhaps 1 or 2 will have a breakout season, and prove his ability to play at the NHL level.

Miller will continue to be a consistent backup, and the only real question will be whether he & Gibson can perform well enough to win us enough 1 or 2 goal margin games so that our record is not completely embarrassing.

Edited by HockeyIzCool

5 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

The # of Season Ticket Holders is down, to it's lowest point in probably 17 years, and aside from the few marquee games, Honda Center will be half full most of the time, meaning there will be fewer people parking or buying overpriced concessions and souvenirs.  The Ducks ownership really doesn't want to spend much right now, be it on Players or Head Coaches.  Those days appear to be in the past.

So they'll field a team with someone taking on his 1st NHL Head Coaching position.  He'll have, for the periods when they're healthy, a Great Center in Ryan Getzlaf, and an All Star Goalie in John Gibson.  They'll be complimented by Rakell, who was inconsistent this past season, some other decent but not spectacular Veterans like Henrique, Lindholm & Fowler.  The other half of the team will be made up of NHL Journeymen and 2018 or '19 Gulls players.  Perhaps 1 or 2 will have a breakout season, and prove his ability to play at the NHL level.

Miller will continue to be a consistent backup, and the only real question will be whether he & Gibson can perform well enough to win us enough 1 or 2 goal margin games so that our record is not completely embarrassing.

That's not true.

We have a chance to be a good team next year. We just don't have any high end scorers. Though we do have a few guys capable of scoring 30. The big question is going to be the coaching. Will it float, is the issue. Or sink to the bottom of the standings? I'll give the benefit of the doubt here and hope for the better. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

That's not true.

We have a chance to be a good team next year. We just don't have any high end scorers. Though we do have a few guys capable of scoring 30. The big question is going to be the coaching. Will it float, is the issue. Or sink to the bottom of the standings? I'll give the benefit of the doubt here and hope for the better. 

Honestly, right now, this team is a wild card (in the sense of difficult to predict). If our defense remembers how to play hockey and some of the new guys gel and like said above, show they are ready for the NHL...we're making the playoffs. To me, that's just as likely as us all falling flat and the new guys don't really know what to do, the defense is adjusting to a new coach, etc... and we don't make the playoffs.

So, I dunno. I think we could really be anywhere from a lottery team to making the playoffs (I guess those are the only 2 options haha)....and once you make the playoffs anything can happen.

2 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

That's not true.

Not having high end scoring is a huge thing to be lacking though. Not to mention the amount of Western teams that the Ducks would have to beat out. Are the Ducks better than Vegas, Nashville, Colorado, St. Louis, Winnipeg, San Jose, Dallas, Arizona (Phil!), Calgary, Vancouver or Chicago?

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Honestly, right now, this team is a wild card (in the sense of difficult to predict). If our defense remembers how to play hockey and some of the new guys gel and like said above, show they are ready for the NHL...we're making the playoffs. To me, that's just as likely as us all falling flat and the new guys don't really know what to do, the defense is adjusting to a new coach, etc... and we don't make the playoffs.

So, I dunno. I think we could really be anywhere from a lottery team to making the playoffs (I guess those are the only 2 options haha)....and once you make the playoffs anything can happen.

So much this. I can see us finishing anywhere from 6th to 16th. We're do gonna need breakout seasons from at least 2 to 3 younglings. I'm looking at you Troy Terry & Max Jones :lol:

But I really hope we don't miss The Playoffs. Not good for a team like ours.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

That's not true.

gotta love HockeyizCool being killjoy...anyways this team has not been assemble yet and we throwing in the Towel...smh.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Not having high end scoring is a huge thing to be lacking though. Not to mention the amount of Western teams that the Ducks would have to beat out. Are the Ducks better than Vegas, Nashville, Colorado, St. Louis, Winnipeg, San Jose, Dallas, Arizona (Phil!), Calgary, Vancouver or Chicago?

Blues, Vegas, Trash, Sharts, Stars & Winterpeg, no. I think it's pretty wide open after that first tier of teams though. The Ducks are a pretty big question mark heading into next season but I don't think that means the Chicagos and Arizonas of the west are primed to leapfrog and bury us in the league's basement just like that. This is still a talented roster that will get a chance to play a full year under a new coach whose gameplan is more advanced than praying Gibson's hips aren't feeling sore. There's also going to be a ton of youth injected into the roster. Not saying we're a shoe in for playoff hockey but basically everyone is sleeping on us again. I'm hoping next season will be similar to 2013 when a new coach in his first full year (or full-ish, thank you lockout) took them to a surprise 2nd seed after everyone thought we'd be in the lottery. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I'm just looking forward to seeing them move further away from that awful 2018 Carlyle brand of anti-hockey we've been subjected to for too long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2019 at 4:16 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

Does anyone know how many STH there are?

3 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

gotta love HockeyizCool being killjoy...anyways this team has not been assemble yet and we throwing in the Towel...smh.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

You're correct.  Reality is Reality, and we obviously have not played a single game in the 2019-20 season yet.  But the team has already basically been assembled.  Most online betting sites have the Ducks finishing in the bottom 5 of the league.  They're essentially at 80-1 odds, tied with other powerhouse contenders like the Red Wings & Kings.

In a few months we will reach Reality, and can see if the Ducks look like they have what it takes to contend for the Cup.  I guess you could look at a team like the Blues, that can go from worst in league to a Cup, and say it's never over until it's over.  My opinion is that the Ducks are a team with a Great Center in Getzlaf, a Quality Goalie in Gibson, a decent Backup in Miller, surrounded by a remaining roster made up of question marks for now.  Veterans like Fowler & Rakell, who have shown periods of strong performance, but also periods of mediocre performance.

If I really felt the Ducks had a legitimate chance of winning the Cup right now, I'd be rushing to place a $100 Bet right away, with the hopes of turning it into $8,100 by next June.

12 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

You're correct.  Reality is Reality, and we obviously have not played a single game in the 2019-20 season yet.  But the team has already basically been assembled.  Most online betting sites have the Ducks finishing in the bottom 5 of the league.  They're essentially at 80-1 odds, tied with other powerhouse contenders like the Red Wings & Kings.

In a few months we will reach Reality, and can see if the Ducks look like they have what it takes to contend for the Cup.  I guess you could look at a team like the Blues, that can go from worst in league to a Cup, and say it's never over until it's over.  My opinion is that the Ducks are a team with a Great Center in Getzlaf, a Quality Goalie in Gibson, a decent Backup in Miller, surrounded by a remaining roster made up of question marks for now.  Veterans like Fowler & Rakell, who have shown periods of strong performance, but also periods of mediocre performance.

If I really felt the Ducks had a legitimate chance of winning the Cup right now, I'd be rushing to place a $100 Bet right away, with the hopes of turning it into $8,100 by next June.

I don't think there's one fan here that thinks the Ducks have a chance at the Cup. But your post makes it sound like they'll be battling Ottawa and LA for the worst record in the league. I also don't think that's accurate.

Now, you say Season Ticket Sales are at their lowest point 17 years. Maybe, please share the count. You also claim the Honda Center will be "half full" most of the time. Since the arena hold 17,174 I believe for hockey, I'll make you a friendly wager. I'll give you $100 for every game that draws under 10,000, (which is way more than "half") and you give me $100 for every game that draws more. Seems like a reasonable bet. You know the saying....."put your money......"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I don't think there's one fan here that thinks the Ducks have a chance at the Cup.

*raises hand*

I mean, I believe it in the way that this is a POTENTIALLY successful team. Gibson/Miller, a solid top D that hopefully remembers how to play hockey this season and shows last season was an anomaly, a good forward bunch with some new blood that has the chance to show they can cut it in the big leagues. All while under a brand new coach. It's just all potential right now.

And I believe in the way that once you make the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen, especially when your goalie tandem is Gibson/Miller.

Ducks are 80-1 right now in Vegas? Man, put some money on that. That's a great return especially considering the talent the team has. Red Wings/Kings are different stories. So is Ottawa. The Ducks UNDERPERFORMED last season. King, Red Wings, Ottawa...they didn't. Well, I'd say if anything the Kings overperformed :P 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 4:13 PM, ChopSuey said:

Ahh so im not allowed to express an opinion.  Only if it agrees with your opinion.  So attack the poster.  The forecast calls for Snowflakes

Excellent answer!! This guy is having a bad habit attacking newbies for their opinions. He did the same thing to me couple months ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duxter said:

Excellent answer!! This guy is having a bad habit attacking newbies for their opinions. He did the same thing to me couple months ago.

I wouldn’t use the word “attacking” so loosely. There’s a mutual respect between everyone who frequents this message board.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Reality is Awesome Let's throw in the Towel before the season start...j/k. Anyways I have High Hopes our team can bounce back and CRUSH our enemies to Dust.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck