The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
mulcher

Shattenkirk chooses Tampa Bay

Former New York Rangers blue-liner Kevin Shattenkirk had a more lucrative offer on the table before he settled on a one-year, $1.75-million deal with the Tampa on Monday.

The Ducks offered the 30-year-old defenseman a two-year pact with an average annual value north of $2 million.

Oh well we move on.

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

Former New York Rangers blue-liner Kevin Shattenkirk had a more lucrative offer on the table before he settled on a one-year, $1.75-million deal with the Tampa on Monday.

The Ducks offered the 30-year-old defenseman a two-year pact with an average annual value north of $2 million.

Oh well we move on.

He seems to have been a flop in NY...and why not go with Tampa...they are a lot "stronger" of a team than us right now. Can't say I blame him.

37 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

He seems to have been a flop in NY...and why not go with Tampa...they are a lot "stronger" of a team than us right now. Can't say I blame him.

Well Guess Ducks will go with RHD they have signed at this moment.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Disappointing but mainly because I wanted to see how all the Fowler = Soft critics would react to this guy joining the team

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Disappointing but mainly because I wanted to see how all the Fowler = Soft critics would react to this guy joining the team

Shatty isn’t a brute, but he has always been willing to take a hit in order to make a play.

Flower, not so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I cannot recall seeing any player softer than Fowler.  So, had Shattenkirk joined Anaheim it would have improved them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

I cannot recall seeing any player softer than Fowler.  So, had Shattenkirk joined Anaheim it would have improved them.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have improved the team if he chose us. All I'm getting at is how Fowler and Shattenkirk are extremely similar players. Fowler being the better puck mover/overall defender and Shattenkirk being a better PP quarterback. They both shy away from contact, pass off checks, and get bumped off the puck relatively easily. Visit a Rangers discussion board and you'll see all the frustration our fans direct at Fowler directed at Shattenkirk for the same reasons. Who knows, maybe Shattenkirk would steal Fowler's lunch money without breaking a sweat. All I'm saying is it would've been amusing having two of those players on the same team.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, PetrSykora said:

Guess we will have to see what Fowler does once Puck Drops in a 2 Months. It's clear Ducks are going with  "Develop within" Path yet again./

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck