Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
SteveinTamarindo

Most Boring Off-Season Ever?

Recommended Posts

oh whoops! deleted all my posts...turns out it was a triple post.... here is my response:

agreed 100% no question. even the idea that Laine would available for a trade sounds crazy to me. Does he not like Winnipeg? I can't believe he hasn't resigned yet...but man...give up almost anything for him.

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

Might be worth it, but just not sure what Murray would give up for Laine.  Possibly Rakell, defenseman and 1st round pick in 2020?

Maybe....but wait. Can't Bob just offer sheet Laine?? Hmmm....I guess not 'cause then you lose high draft picks AND also potentially the team just matches and you don't get him. Yeah. A trade. that's the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Maybe....but wait. Can't Bob just offer sheet Laine?? Hmmm....I guess not 'cause then you lose high draft picks AND also potentially the team just matches and you don't get him. Yeah. A trade. that's the way.

Every risk has reward...think Selanne Trade,Giguere Trade,Pronger Trade and Rob Niedermayer Trade...etc.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Every risk has reward...think Selanne Trade,Giguere Trade,Pronger Trade and Rob Niedermayer Trade...etc.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well....we got Selanne 'cause of Kariya...Giguere wasn't really a know entity yet...Pronger wanted out and we had a solid team waiting for him...and Rob...I don't remember that trade but didn't think it was that crazy at the time??? i dunno. Kesler trade was definitely one of our like...go out and get a guy cold, no other factors involved to entice him. Well, we were a pretty solid team back then, too.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

Does anyone like winnipeg?

Touche. Anaheim is definitely warmer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, ummm... anyone notice ticket prices went up quite a bit? I was going to buy opening day tickets, they're about $40 more this season from last for where I usually get tickets. Did we acquire Laine overnight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thom-74 said:

So, ummm... anyone notice ticket prices went up quite a bit? I was going to buy opening day tickets, they're about $40 more this season from last for where I usually get tickets. Did we acquire Laine overnight?

It was mention few months ago...alot of debate on Why Ducks raise their ticket prices.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

So, ummm... anyone notice ticket prices went up quite a bit? I was going to buy opening day tickets, they're about $40 more this season from last for where I usually get tickets. Did we acquire Laine overnight?

I hope so!!

I mean, we just freed up like $8mil in cap...can't we use that to get Laine?? Or is he looking for even more? I can't imagine the Jets trying to lowball him....that would be such an insult to the amazing fans they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I hope so!!

I mean, we just freed up like $8mil in cap...can't we use that to get Laine?? Or is he looking for even more? I can't imagine the Jets trying to lowball him....that would be such an insult to the amazing fans they have.

It would consider How Laine is touted as one of the Best Players in the League.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I hope so!!

I mean, we just freed up like $8mil in cap...can't we use that to get Laine?? Or is he looking for even more? I can't imagine the Jets trying to lowball him....that would be such an insult to the amazing fans they have.

delete

Edited by dukitup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

So, ummm... anyone notice ticket prices went up quite a bit? I was going to buy opening day tickets, they're about $40 more this season from last for where I usually get tickets. Did we acquire Laine overnight?

If your seats are center ice (200 level), or in the second row of the 200 level, I know the prices went up significantly. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe a $40 increase in other areas. What location do you normally sit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

It would consider How Laine is touted as one of the Best Players in the League.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Laine's bad luck is playing for Winnipeg. If he played for Ducks and GMBM, by now he would have had 8 years extension with full NTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Laine's bad luck is playing for Winnipeg. If he played for Ducks and GMBM, by now he would have had 8 years extension with full NTC.

that sounds great! yes please!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

Might be worth it, but just not sure what Murray would give up for Laine.  Possibly Rakell, defenseman and 1st round pick in 2020?

I think that’s a pretty good guess. Given their needs, I think that Rakell + Manson + 2nd round pick would get Winnipeg’s attention. Losing Myers and Trouba killed their right side. We’d have absolutely no RHD depth if Manson gets moved though, which would only make Gibson’s life more miserable. They could use a 2C upgrade also but I think the only upgrade that we have to offer them there is Getzlaf.

I just don’t see us as being in a good or realistic position to trade for Laine right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, Jasoaks said:

Well....we got Selanne 'cause of Kariya...Giguere wasn't really a know entity yet...Pronger wanted out and we had a solid team waiting for him...and Rob...I don't remember that trade but didn't think it was that crazy at the time??? i dunno. Kesler trade was definitely one of our like...go out and get a guy cold, no other factors involved to entice him. Well, we were a pretty solid team back then, too.

Touche. Anaheim is definitely warmer...

And Nice too.....Honestly Ducks are focusing on a strategy that requires our team develop their youth.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Fisix said:

Does anyone like winnipeg?

I can tell you, with good authority, the Anaheim Ducks do not like Winnipeg. Remember that time, the Ducks swept the "Greatest Fans in the World" in the first round. Or the countless the Ducks have made Western Canada look stupid. Honestly, it's my favorite part of being a Ducks fan, making Western Canada look stupid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 2:18 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

Most of the time I disagree with Mooseduck's rose colored outlook on all things Ducks.  He's like our own Chicago Cubs fan from 10 years ago, always proclaiming that this will be our year....and then when all hope is lost.....it becomes NEXT Year Is Our Year!!  There's nothing wrong with optimism, and he has that right, and his pro Ducks stance is certainly welcome here.

I sometimes listen to Roger Lodge on AM 830, and on Monday he spent most of his show asking whether it was time to say the Angels won't make the playoffs this season.  Gee.....I don't know....they're only about 13 Games out of the 2nd Wild Card spot with a month to go.  But he's a homer, hired by the flagship station to drive up enthusiasm even when there's zero chance of changing the inevitable.

I expect to come here in November, when the Ducks have single digits in points, and see Mooseduck posting about how it's still possible to turn things around.  Heck, he even eventually jumped onboard the Dump Carlyle bandwagon last season.

We've been season seat holders since Day 1, so we're always pulling for the Ducks to excel.  But honestly, after the 2017-18 Season, and especially after the 2018-19 Season, I have seen no effort from Ownership or Management to make me think anything other than the team is merely going through the motions.  I have very low expectations for the upcoming season, and I just don't see how we intend to keep up with some of the other clubs that have improved their rosters over the past couple of years.  I really foresee another sub-90 point result, but hope that I'm wrong.

BM made some great moves. 🥺

Anaheim Ducks

 

Signed

Goalie Stolarz signed to two-year contract; defenseman Hakanpaa signed to one-year contract

Forwards Poturalski, Pietila sign one-year contracts

Forward Martinsen signs one-year, two-way contract

Defenseman Del Zotto signs one-year contract

Forwards De Leo, Kloos, defenseman Wideman sign one-year, two-way contracts

 

Free Agents

Group 2 FAs: Chase De Leo (re-signed), Justin Kloos (re-signed).

Group 3 UFAs: Adam Cracknell, Chad Johnson, Ben Street (signed: NJD), Andrej Sustr.

Group 6 UFAs: Kalle Kossila (signed: TOR), Jaycob Megna (signed: VGK), Kevin Roy (signed: FLA), Andy Welinski (signed: PHI).

UFAs: Jake Dotchin (signed: STL), Trevor Murphy, Keaton Thompson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

BM made some great moves. 🥺

Anaheim Ducks

 

Signed

Goalie Stolarz signed to two-year contract; defenseman Hakanpaa signed to one-year contract

Forwards Poturalski, Pietila sign one-year contracts

Forward Martinsen signs one-year, two-way contract

Defenseman Del Zotto signs one-year contract

Forwards De Leo, Kloos, defenseman Wideman sign one-year, two-way contracts

 

Free Agents

Group 2 FAs: Chase De Leo (re-signed), Justin Kloos (re-signed).

Group 3 UFAs: Adam Cracknell, Chad Johnson, Ben Street (signed: NJD), Andrej Sustr.

Group 6 UFAs: Kalle Kossila (signed: TOR), Jaycob Megna (signed: VGK), Kevin Roy (signed: FLA), Andy Welinski (signed: PHI).

UFAs: Jake Dotchin (signed: STL), Trevor Murphy, Keaton Thompson.

Didn’t know we lost Roy and Kossila that’s sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the Ducks/ Kings Prospects game. The Ducks looked discombobulated for the first few minutes but then pretty much controlled the entire game (given our NHL experience compared to LA's, this is what we should have hoped for). Some guys that really stood out, to me at least:

1. Kiefer Sherwood - Guy was flying, creating chances, getting good shots off while being defensively responsible. 

2. Lukas Dostal - Looked absolutely unflappable. Made saves look very easy, particularly with his glove. 

3. Hunter Drew - Unafraid to step up and deliver big hits, especially Drew. Knocked guys off the puck. Well positioned.

The Ducks physically dominated and LA had no answer for it. Aside from Sideroff, no one else stuck out as being bad.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Watched the Ducks/ Kings Prospects game. The Ducks looked discombobulated for the first few minutes but then pretty much controlled the entire game (given our NHL experience compared to LA's, this is what we should have hoped for). Some guys that really stood out, to me at least:

Kiefer Sherwood - Guy was flying, creating chances, getting good shots off while being defensively responsible.

2. Lukas Dostal - Looked absolutely unflappable. Made saves look very easy, particularly with his glove. 

3. Hunter Drew - Unafraid to step up and deliver big hits, especially Drew. Knocked guys off the puck. Well positioned.

The Ducks physically dominated and LA had no answer for it. Aside from Sideroff, no one else stuck out as being bad.

 

Great to hear about Sherwood, love the name too!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elliott’s Friedman is reporting that the Ducks are in talks with Carolina regarding Justin Faulk. Interesting wrinkles are that the Ducks could be on his NTC list and he’d need an extension after this season

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Elliott’s Friedman is reporting that the Ducks are in talks with Carolina regarding Justin Faulk. Interesting wrinkles are that the Ducks could be on his NTC list and he’d need an extension after this season

Faulk has a partial NTC — which lists the Ducks — and it is believed ANA wishes to pursue an extension. No one will comment on the likelihood of it occurring, but it has been intensely discussed

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Faulk has a partial NTC — which lists the Ducks — and it is believed ANA wishes to pursue an extension. No one will comment on the likelihood of it occurring, but it has been intensely discussed

Got it. So, there's no deal unless he agree to waive his NTC for the Ducks or if they can't agree to an extension. Of course, the bigger intrigue is what we would send to Carolina. They need to clear cap space, so it looks like a pick/prospect combo would be involved. I'm nervous lol

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Faulk? Hm... $6 mil salary, and next season he'll demand more. It means forget about slim chances of pursuing Patrick Laine or Mitch Marner. The Ducks have a lot of good players, but no true FRANCHISE player, for the first time since inaugural 1993 season. It bothers me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Justin Faulk? Hm... $6 mil salary, and next season he'll demand more. It means forget about slim chances of pursuing Patrick Laine or Mitch Marner. The Ducks have a lot of good players, but no true FRANCHISE player, for the first time since inaugural 1993 season. It bothers me.

We still have Getzlaf....and I believe in 03-04 we didn't really have anyone either.

But I also get your point...you're meaning like young, current face/obvious future face.

EDIT: also wanted to add, is Faulk worth that $6mil/whatever extension he gets? Could be this move with Faulk will be freeing up some other players to be traded to make room for the very unlikely grab of Laine or Marner? Where would Faulk land in our depth chart? I'm not super familiar with him.

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Elliott’s Friedman is reporting that the Ducks are in talks with Carolina regarding Justin Faulk. Interesting wrinkles are that the Ducks could be on his NTC list and he’d need an extension after this season

Reposting my comment from June in the Coach/Lines 2019-20 thread here: 

Quote

However, I've also been reading that Carolina may need to move one of Hamilton, Faulk or Pesce - all RHDs currently making over $4M/season. Pesce might be the most interesting because he's still only 24 and is still improving (7G last season even though he's stuck on a 3rd pairing behind Hamilton and Faulk). He is also cost-controlled because he's locked up for 5 more years at $4.05M/season. From what I saw of Pesce in the playoffs, I think  he'd be a solid 2nd pair guy for us. But that said, maybe it's time for GMBM to swing for the fences with either Hamilton or Faulk, both of whom are capable of 15+ goals. I don't know if GMBM has a relationship with GM Waddell such that they could hammer something out, but GMBM may have some connections to their Senior VP of Hockey Ops, Rick Dudley, who was an Assistant GM to GMBM's very close friend (and former defense partner) Marc Bergevin in Montreal, so its conceivable that they've spent some time together at the executive meetings over the years. Regardless, Carolina seems like they'd be a natural trade partner for the Ducks. First, there's zero rivalry there, so its akin to us trading with the Devils or Pens (which we've done a lot of). Second, they need LHDs and forwards and the Ducks have a lot of LHDs and forwards, so it would seem like they'd be interested in shopping our roster as well.

I was hoping for Pesce, but if GMBM can get the NTC waived and a reasonably-priced extension in place, Faulk makes a ton of sense for Anaheim. He and Fowler were also both on the US Olympic team together in 2014, and though I don't remember them playing together, you'd assume that they at least got to know each other a little during that experience, so they could make for a solid pairing. The main concern is the next contract though. Trouba's 7 x $8M has re-calibrated the market for RHDs who can score. I want Faulk, but not for $8M/season. Probably not even $7M/season.

Edited by dtsdlaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side note on the Faulk rumors: I just looked at their roster and the Hurricanes have only ONE forward on their current roster that is a right-shot, and that one guy is Martin Necas, a 20-year-old with only 8 games of NHL experience. Think they could use another right-shot in their lineup?

Meanwhile, the Ducks have more right-shot forwards than they know what to do with....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

We still have Getzlaf....and I believe in 03-04 we didn't really have anyone either.

But I also get your point...you're meaning like young, current face/obvious future face.

EDIT: also wanted to add, is Faulk worth that $6mil/whatever extension he gets? Could be this move with Faulk will be freeing up some other players to be traded to make room for the very unlikely grab of Laine or Marner? Where would Faulk land in our depth chart? I'm not super familiar with him.

He'd be on our top-4 and likely paired with Fowler. As mentioned above, they played together in the Olympics. He's a right-handed shot that can QB the PP which Murray has specifically mentioned as a top need for the team.

3 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Reposted here: 

I was hoping for Pesce, but if GMBM can get the NTC waived and an reasonably-priced extension in place, Faulk makes a ton of sense for Anaheim. He and Fowler were also both on the US Olympic team together in 2014, and though I don't remember them playing together, you'd assume that they at least got to know each other a little during that experience, so they could make for a solid pairing. The main concern is the next contract though. Trouba's 7 x $8M has re-calibrated the market for RHDs who can score. I want Faulk, but not for $8M/season. Probably not even $7M/season.

Pesce would have been my preference, too. I guess Faulk being a UFA next season and commanding more term, money while being older than Pesce makes him the most likely guy to be shipped out of Carolina. The length and the term of his contract make a little nervous (especially at 6.5 -7 mil per) but even more so is what we would have to give up for him. If Carolina is asking for a first-round pick and a prospect like Jones, Comtois or Terry, then I think it's a step backwards in the long-term. Sprong + 2nd round pick then I'd be absolutely fine with it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...