The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
SteveinTamarindo

Most Boring Off-Season Ever?

On 8/27/2019 at 9:13 AM, dukitup said:

I for one appreciate Moose's unwavering support for the Ducks. "Ducks Dedication" defines Moose. You can agree or disagree with a post, but there's no need to insult the individual themself. That's just common decency that should be "obvious."

I'm late to the party but I support all things MooseDuck. This dude is all pride and passion as a Ducks fan and we could only hope to aspire to his level.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Nice gimme this now. Laine is gonna be a monster once he grows out of his video games + pizza + mountain dew all night phase. He basically half-assed the entire season and still ended up with 30 goals. That's already better than anything we've got and he's not even close to reaching his full potential. A trade might be the kick in the butt he needs. If history is any indication, we should be rubbing our hands together in anticipation anytime Winnipeg is thinking about giving up a Finnish goal scoring prodigy. 

Laine can be a beast. I'd love to steal another hot shot young Finnish player from Winnipeg.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poum said:

Laine can be a beast. I'd love to steal another hot shot young Finnish player from Winnipeg.

Your not the only who would love to see this happen...IF Bob pulls it off in trading for Laine...It might save him his job.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, MooseDuck said:

Your not the only who would love to see this happen...IF Bob pulls it off in trading for Laine...It might save him his job.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Might be worth it, but just not sure what Murray would give up for Laine.  Possibly Rakell, defenseman and 1st round pick in 2020?

oh whoops! deleted all my posts...turns out it was a triple post.... here is my response:

agreed 100% no question. even the idea that Laine would available for a trade sounds crazy to me. Does he not like Winnipeg? I can't believe he hasn't resigned yet...but man...give up almost anything for him.

Edited by Jasoaks

5 hours ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

Might be worth it, but just not sure what Murray would give up for Laine.  Possibly Rakell, defenseman and 1st round pick in 2020?

Maybe....but wait. Can't Bob just offer sheet Laine?? Hmmm....I guess not 'cause then you lose high draft picks AND also potentially the team just matches and you don't get him. Yeah. A trade. that's the way.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Maybe....but wait. Can't Bob just offer sheet Laine?? Hmmm....I guess not 'cause then you lose high draft picks AND also potentially the team just matches and you don't get him. Yeah. A trade. that's the way.

Every risk has reward...think Selanne Trade,Giguere Trade,Pronger Trade and Rob Niedermayer Trade...etc.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Every risk has reward...think Selanne Trade,Giguere Trade,Pronger Trade and Rob Niedermayer Trade...etc.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well....we got Selanne 'cause of Kariya...Giguere wasn't really a know entity yet...Pronger wanted out and we had a solid team waiting for him...and Rob...I don't remember that trade but didn't think it was that crazy at the time??? i dunno. Kesler trade was definitely one of our like...go out and get a guy cold, no other factors involved to entice him. Well, we were a pretty solid team back then, too.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

Does anyone like winnipeg?

Touche. Anaheim is definitely warmer...

So, ummm... anyone notice ticket prices went up quite a bit? I was going to buy opening day tickets, they're about $40 more this season from last for where I usually get tickets. Did we acquire Laine overnight?

1 hour ago, Thom-74 said:

So, ummm... anyone notice ticket prices went up quite a bit? I was going to buy opening day tickets, they're about $40 more this season from last for where I usually get tickets. Did we acquire Laine overnight?

It was mention few months ago...alot of debate on Why Ducks raise their ticket prices.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

I hope so!!

I mean, we just freed up like $8mil in cap...can't we use that to get Laine?? Or is he looking for even more? I can't imagine the Jets trying to lowball him....that would be such an insult to the amazing fans they have.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I hope so!!

I mean, we just freed up like $8mil in cap...can't we use that to get Laine?? Or is he looking for even more? I can't imagine the Jets trying to lowball him....that would be such an insult to the amazing fans they have.

It would consider How Laine is touted as one of the Best Players in the League.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I hope so!!

delete

Edited by dukitup

21 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

If your seats are center ice (200 level), or in the second row of the 200 level, I know the prices went up significantly. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe a $40 increase in other areas. What location do you normally sit?

18 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

It would consider How Laine is touted as one of the Best Players in the League.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Laine's bad luck is playing for Winnipeg. If he played for Ducks and GMBM, by now he would have had 8 years extension with full NTC.

2 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Laine's bad luck is playing for Winnipeg. If he played for Ducks and GMBM, by now he would have had 8 years extension with full NTC.

that sounds great! yes please!!

On 9/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

I think that’s a pretty good guess. Given their needs, I think that Rakell + Manson + 2nd round pick would get Winnipeg’s attention. Losing Myers and Trouba killed their right side. We’d have absolutely no RHD depth if Manson gets moved though, which would only make Gibson’s life more miserable. They could use a 2C upgrade also but I think the only upgrade that we have to offer them there is Getzlaf.

I just don’t see us as being in a good or realistic position to trade for Laine right now.

On 9/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, Jasoaks said:

Well....we got Selanne 'cause of Kariya...Giguere wasn't really a know entity yet...Pronger wanted out and we had a solid team waiting for him...and Rob...I don't remember that trade but didn't think it was that crazy at the time??? i dunno. Kesler trade was definitely one of our like...go out and get a guy cold, no other factors involved to entice him. Well, we were a pretty solid team back then, too.

Touche. Anaheim is definitely warmer...

And Nice too.....Honestly Ducks are focusing on a strategy that requires our team develop their youth.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Fisix said:

Does anyone like winnipeg?

I can tell you, with good authority, the Anaheim Ducks do not like Winnipeg. Remember that time, the Ducks swept the "Greatest Fans in the World" in the first round. Or the countless the Ducks have made Western Canada look stupid. Honestly, it's my favorite part of being a Ducks fan, making Western Canada look stupid.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 2:18 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

Most of the time I disagree with Mooseduck's rose colored outlook on all things Ducks.  He's like our own Chicago Cubs fan from 10 years ago, always proclaiming that this will be our year....and then when all hope is lost.....it becomes NEXT Year Is Our Year!!  There's nothing wrong with optimism, and he has that right, and his pro Ducks stance is certainly welcome here.

I sometimes listen to Roger Lodge on AM 830, and on Monday he spent most of his show asking whether it was time to say the Angels won't make the playoffs this season.  Gee.....I don't know....they're only about 13 Games out of the 2nd Wild Card spot with a month to go.  But he's a homer, hired by the flagship station to drive up enthusiasm even when there's zero chance of changing the inevitable.

I expect to come here in November, when the Ducks have single digits in points, and see Mooseduck posting about how it's still possible to turn things around.  Heck, he even eventually jumped onboard the Dump Carlyle bandwagon last season.

We've been season seat holders since Day 1, so we're always pulling for the Ducks to excel.  But honestly, after the 2017-18 Season, and especially after the 2018-19 Season, I have seen no effort from Ownership or Management to make me think anything other than the team is merely going through the motions.  I have very low expectations for the upcoming season, and I just don't see how we intend to keep up with some of the other clubs that have improved their rosters over the past couple of years.  I really foresee another sub-90 point result, but hope that I'm wrong.

BM made some great moves. 🥺

Anaheim Ducks

Signed

Goalie Stolarz signed to two-year contract; defenseman Hakanpaa signed to one-year contract

Forwards Poturalski, Pietila sign one-year contracts

Forward Martinsen signs one-year, two-way contract

Defenseman Del Zotto signs one-year contract

Forwards De Leo, Kloos, defenseman Wideman sign one-year, two-way contracts

Free Agents

Group 2 FAs: Chase De Leo (re-signed), Justin Kloos (re-signed).

Group 3 UFAs: Adam Cracknell, Chad Johnson, Ben Street (signed: NJD), Andrej Sustr.

Group 6 UFAs: Kalle Kossila (signed: TOR), Jaycob Megna (signed: VGK), Kevin Roy (signed: FLA), Andy Welinski (signed: PHI).

UFAs: Jake Dotchin (signed: STL), Trevor Murphy, Keaton Thompson.

12 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

BM made some great moves. 🥺

Anaheim Ducks

Signed

Goalie Stolarz signed to two-year contract; defenseman Hakanpaa signed to one-year contract

Forwards Poturalski, Pietila sign one-year contracts

Forward Martinsen signs one-year, two-way contract

Defenseman Del Zotto signs one-year contract

Forwards De Leo, Kloos, defenseman Wideman sign one-year, two-way contracts

Free Agents

Group 2 FAs: Chase De Leo (re-signed), Justin Kloos (re-signed).

Group 3 UFAs: Adam Cracknell, Chad Johnson, Ben Street (signed: NJD), Andrej Sustr.

Group 6 UFAs: Kalle Kossila (signed: TOR), Jaycob Megna (signed: VGK), Kevin Roy (signed: FLA), Andy Welinski (signed: PHI).

UFAs: Jake Dotchin (signed: STL), Trevor Murphy, Keaton Thompson.

Didn’t know we lost Roy and Kossila that’s sucks.

Watched the Ducks/ Kings Prospects game. The Ducks looked discombobulated for the first few minutes but then pretty much controlled the entire game (given our NHL experience compared to LA's, this is what we should have hoped for). Some guys that really stood out, to me at least:

1. Kiefer Sherwood - Guy was flying, creating chances, getting good shots off while being defensively responsible. 

2. Lukas Dostal - Looked absolutely unflappable. Made saves look very easy, particularly with his glove. 

3. Hunter Drew - Unafraid to step up and deliver big hits, especially Drew. Knocked guys off the puck. Well positioned.

The Ducks physically dominated and LA had no answer for it. Aside from Sideroff, no one else stuck out as being bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Watched the Ducks/ Kings Prospects game. The Ducks looked discombobulated for the first few minutes but then pretty much controlled the entire game (given our NHL experience compared to LA's, this is what we should have hoped for). Some guys that really stood out, to me at least:

Kiefer Sherwood - Guy was flying, creating chances, getting good shots off while being defensively responsible.

2. Lukas Dostal - Looked absolutely unflappable. Made saves look very easy, particularly with his glove. 

3. Hunter Drew - Unafraid to step up and deliver big hits, especially Drew. Knocked guys off the puck. Well positioned.

The Ducks physically dominated and LA had no answer for it. Aside from Sideroff, no one else stuck out as being bad.

Great to hear about Sherwood, love the name too!

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 7:17 PM, ike-1 said:

Didn’t know we lost Roy and Kossila that’s sucks.

I think we're ok choosing not to resign Kossila, but Roy might hurt (depends on whether his wrist heals properly), and I still think Megna will turn into a monster on D... just isn't quite there yet.  Given how well Theo is doing in Vegas, I expect Megna to brighten up quite a bit.

Edited by Fisix

Elliott’s Friedman is reporting that the Ducks are in talks with Carolina regarding Justin Faulk. Interesting wrinkles are that the Ducks could be on his NTC list and he’d need an extension after this season

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

47 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Elliott’s Friedman is reporting that the Ducks are in talks with Carolina regarding Justin Faulk. Interesting wrinkles are that the Ducks could be on his NTC list and he’d need an extension after this season

Faulk has a partial NTC — which lists the Ducks — and it is believed ANA wishes to pursue an extension. No one will comment on the likelihood of it occurring, but it has been intensely discussed

Edited by DuckFan4Life