The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
SteveinTamarindo

Most Boring Off-Season Ever?

16 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

I am guessing and I am being honest that Faulk trade has been Nixed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Murray's comments make me think that any trade with Carolina in the near future has been nixed. He was really p*ssed off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Murray's comments make me think that any trade with Carolina in the near future has been nixed. He was really p*ssed off.

Would you....makes me wonder what Plan B is.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Would you....makes me wonder what Plan B is.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

If BM can get Rasmus Ristolainen 6.4' right handed puck moving defenseman that will be brilliant. he can skate

the Pacific division is getting harder to compete in and the central are not getting any weak only 3 teams are going to the playoffs.  

7 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Ahhhhhh....Poor Bob.  Let me get out my tiny violin.  He's just a wittle bit miffed that he was played like one.

I don't understand this take.  Of course Bob should be upset that private discussions were leaked to the media.  It's unethical.  I also don't understand how Bob was "played."  Carolina is obviously okay with torpedoing a business relationship in order to gain leverage, but this didn't really hurt the Ducks at all.  They were still at the mercy of Faulk waiving his NTC and signing an extension.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

i think the canes wanted to move Faulk for a better price than BM was going to be willing to pay... so they may have started up the talks knowing that anaheim was on his mNTC, and then used the opportunity to advertise a fairly high price for him, at our expense.  this hurt the ducks because now Kase thinks he may be on the chopping block, and his teammates might think so too.... AND now the other teams have an idea what we might be willing to give up for something we need/want, and that gives them an advantage in otherwise spur of the moment trade talks.

Agreed. 

14 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Ahhhhhh....Poor Bob.  Let me get out my tiny violin.  He's just a wittle bit miffed that he was played like one.

Miffed?...more like Fail by him again.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

11 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Miffed?...more like Fail by him again.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I don't see how this is a fail by BM. He tried to make a trade and maybe had one in place. If for some reason out of his control it doesn't go through (Faulk's NTC) you can't really blame him. Same with Shattenkirk. He tried to sign him. Even offered him more than tampa bay but if the player doesn't want to be here that's the end of it.
I'm glad BM sees we're missing something and is trying to address it without overpaying.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

This is a business.  Kase isn't going to pout and cry and play terribly because he was mentioned in a trade rumor.

I agree with this. But also, if anything Kase should take this as a compliment and should energize him more. He was potentially part of a trade of getting something the Ducks are in desperate need of. It wasn't Bob trying to get rid of Kase, it's Kase being WANTED. And also, it's Bob knowing that to get something good, he needs to give up something good. That's a helluva compliment!

Also, if this affects and effects Kase negatively...then move him. We shouldn't be spending time on players that have such a fragile ego and confidence they can't handle trade talk -- and compared to other trade talks that happen, this one is so incredibly small and minor. It was basically a week of it and everyone's forgotten it in the media. Other players have to deal with this on literally a nightly basis.

EDIT: to be clear, I DON'T think this will negatively impact Kase in any way.

Edited by Jasoaks

12 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I don't see how this is a fail by BM. He tried to make a trade and maybe had one in place. If for some reason out of his control it doesn't go through (Faulk's NTC) you can't really blame him. Same with Shattenkirk. He tried to sign him. Even offered him more than tampa bay but if the player doesn't want to be here that's the end of it.
I'm glad BM sees we're missing something and is trying to address it without overpaying.

Can't blame him for trying eh....at times My patience with Bob is Thin.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, RobD360 said:

Agreed. 

On 9/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, RobD360 said:

Agreed. 

I doubt that. Players know this is a business through and through. If it really was Carolina spreading a rumor, Murray most likely let it known to said player that it was all a farce.

10 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

I doubt that. Players know this is a business through and through. If it really was Carolina spreading a rumor, Murray most likely let it known to said player that it was all a farce.

Just wondering what is Plan B....I would not mind Ducks Getting Risto and another Player.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 8/21/2019 at 1:55 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

We haven't exactly done nothing.  We hired a Head Coach who has no NHL Head Coaching experience.  Re-Signed an aging backup Goalie.  And cut ties with one of the leading scorers in club history.

Certainly that will result in the 20+ point improvement we'll need to make the playoffs next year.

who did we cut ties with ?

And TT broke his leg ???

And who is the coach ?

Edited by bufbarnaby

21 hours ago, bufbarnaby said:

who did we cut ties with ?

And TT broke his leg ???

And who is the coach ?

to Answer your Questions Barnaby...LOL....

who did we cut ties with ?...Answer is Corey Perry

And TT broke his leg ???....Who the #!@# is TT.

And who is the coach ?....Dallas Eakins is 10th or imho 9th Ducks Head Coach.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

50 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

to Answer your Questions Barnaby...LOL....

who did we cut ties with ?...Answer is Corey Perry

And TT broke his leg ???....Who the #!@# is TT.

And who is the coach ?....Dallas Eakins is 10th or imho 9th Ducks Head Coach.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Troy Terry, No need to be abrasive, he was simply asking questions.

1 minute ago, Shadowduck said:

Troy Terry, No need to be abrasive, he was simply asking questions.

OMG My bad sorry....Guys

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

• The Ducks’ extension offer to defenseman Justin Faulk was believed to be a seven-year pact worth just under $7MM per season, reports Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register. That came back when they were working with Carolina on a trade but it doesn’t appear as if Faulk has interest in taking that offer at this time which has left discussions up in the air as a result.

12 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
  • The Ducks’ extension offer to defenseman Justin Faulk was believed to be a seven-year pact worth just under $7MM per season, reports Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register. That came back when they were working with Carolina on a trade but it doesn’t appear as if Faulk has interest in taking that offer at this time which has left discussions up in the air as a result.

Faulk is likely looking for Spurgeon type money (7.5 x 7) so I’m not surprised that Faulk turned it down. Glad he did though.

4 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Faulk is likely looking for Spurgeon type money (7.5 x 7) so I’m not surprised that Faulk turned it down. Glad he did though.

Ducks should pursue other RHD since it's now clear Faulk Deal is dead.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Good to hear about Fowler! First televised game should be tomorrow it’s televised by the Kings 

The first game was televised, just not by the ducks. 

13 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

The first game was televised, just not by the ducks. 

Come on. Think anybody cares it was televised in San Jose (if you reside in So Cal)?

It was "streamed" on the website, or possibly on the NHL all season access subscription feed. The FIRST locally televised game (and everybody knows that means on local cable TV) is tonight.