The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
SteveinTamarindo

Most Boring Off-Season Ever?

1 minute ago, Shadowduck said:

Troy Terry, No need to be abrasive, he was simply asking questions.

OMG My bad sorry....Guys

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

iN April.

Well it's now Sept and I think he has recovered well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

• The Ducks’ extension offer to defenseman Justin Faulk was believed to be a seven-year pact worth just under $7MM per season, reports Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register. That came back when they were working with Carolina on a trade but it doesn’t appear as if Faulk has interest in taking that offer at this time which has left discussions up in the air as a result.

12 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
  • The Ducks’ extension offer to defenseman Justin Faulk was believed to be a seven-year pact worth just under $7MM per season, reports Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register. That came back when they were working with Carolina on a trade but it doesn’t appear as if Faulk has interest in taking that offer at this time which has left discussions up in the air as a result.

Faulk is likely looking for Spurgeon type money (7.5 x 7) so I’m not surprised that Faulk turned it down. Glad he did though.

4 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Faulk is likely looking for Spurgeon type money (7.5 x 7) so I’m not surprised that Faulk turned it down. Glad he did though.

Ducks should pursue other RHD since it's now clear Faulk Deal is dead.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Wow, the Ducks dodged a huge bullet there. Faulk is barely worth that now. No chance he's worth it in three or four years. Thanks for sparing us, Justin.

• Like 1

@icemancometh Fowler skated in practice today. Was wearing some facial protection. Missed final five minutes of regulation and didn't play OT last night in Arizona.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Good to hear about Fowler! First televised game should be tomorrow it’s televised by the Kings 

The first game was televised, just not by the ducks. 

13 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

The first game was televised, just not by the ducks. 

Come on. Think anybody cares it was televised in San Jose (if you reside in So Cal)?

It was "streamed" on the website, or possibly on the NHL all season access subscription feed. The FIRST locally televised game (and everybody knows that means on local cable TV) is tonight.  

45 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Come on. Think anybody cares it was televised in San Jose (if you reside in So Cal)?

It was "streamed" on the website, or possibly on the NHL all season access subscription feed. The FIRST locally televised game (and everybody knows that means on local cable TV) is tonight.  

I don't live in So Cal. I did watch that first game and I enjoyed watching Ducks hockey after a seemingly long off season. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I don't live in So Cal. I did watch that first game and I enjoyed watching Ducks hockey after a seemingly long off season. 

It's great to see Ducks Hockey again no matter if it's Preseason.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 1:11 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

@icemancometh Fowler skated in practice today. Was wearing some facial protection. Missed final five minutes of regulation and didn't play OT last night in Arizona.

frick.  what did i miss?

2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

frick.  what did i miss?

sAME as last facial injury but thankfully just stitches. bLOCKED a shot with his stick and it hit him in the face. 

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Dawn won’t be back to sing the National Anthem. 

not regularly, anyway.  she says she'll fill in during the odd blue moon.  

1 hour ago, ike-1 said:

Faulk to St. Louis 

and, more to the point, reportedly for about the same we were offering.

i think the reporting on what we were offering might be in error.  either we were offering fewer years or less money (i think).  

it's either that, or the Ducks just aren't where players want to go this year.  (rumored) evidence is mounting.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, MooseDuck said:

to Answer your Questions Barnaby...LOL....

who did we cut ties with ?...Answer is Corey Perry

And TT broke his leg ???....Who the #!@# is TT.

And who is the coach ?....Dallas Eakins is 10th or imho 9th Ducks Head Coach.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

TT is Troy Terry !

Where did Perry go ? They bought him or but nobody wants him ?

Retirement I guess ?

NM he is a Star ! LOL Enemy now.

Edited by bufbarnaby

22 hours ago, bufbarnaby said:

TT is Troy Terry !

Where did Perry go ? They bought him or but nobody wants him ?

Retirement I guess ?

NM he is a Star ! LOL Enemy now.

Well Glad they did not cave in to the Faulk Demands....for the Ducks ON TO PLAN B.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, Fisix said:

and, more to the point, reportedly for about the same we were offering.

i think the reporting on what we were offering might be in error.  either we were offering fewer years or less money (i think).  

it's either that, or the Ducks just aren't where players want to go this year.  (rumored) evidence is mounting.

Fans either.  Expect a lot of empty seats at Honda Center this season.  I'm sure they'll raise concession prices to make up for it.

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Fans either.  Expect a lot of empty seats at Honda Center this season.  I'm sure they'll raise concession prices to make up for it.

what's crazy is that because it's air conditioned, there's absolutely no need for any temperature moderation through drinks or food.  pretty much in any game, i can just hang out without using the concessions at all.  at worst, i might grab a hot drink if i forgot my jacket on a cold night (if we even have those anymore in SoCal).

they better watch out.  drinks are almost a necessity in baseball and football and soccer - all outdoor games where heat drives sales.  even indoor basketball can get warm.  not so for hockey.

i've already adjusted away from parking at the Pond due to the price tag and their BS about charging motorcycles full price but requesting we don't take up a full spot.  it's not a stretch for me to adjust away from concessions.

all that said, they still beat almost all the other local stadiums in terms of food quality and reliable selection.  i try to reward their commitment to that with some $$.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

There will always be bandwagon fans. Period. They show up when the team is winning, and disappear during down years. Kings consecutive home sellout streak ended last year I believe. They'll suffer too. Have to be real, there's just too much to see here that competes for discretionary spending. It's not like hockey is the only game in town. 

Concession prices have already increased for this season. That was evident the first preseason game. Doubt they go up again.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dukitup said:

There will always be bandwagon fans. Period. They show up when the team is winning, and disappear during down years. Kings consecutive home sellout streak ended last year I believe. They'll suffer too. Have to be real, there's just too much to see here that competes for discretionary spending. It's not like hockey is the only game in town. 

Concession prices have already increased for this season. That was evident the first preseason game. Doubt they go up again.

Hope not....I am coming down in 2 weeks to see the team.  Hope to meet you all there. Yet keep in mind all Sports teams from NHL,MLB to NFL and NBA go through this sort of Rebuild.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck