The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
GiAnTFAN-ad1

Season Tickets Arrive

Tickets were received yesterday.  IMO they seem to look very cheap!  Any thoughts?  Maybe they should just go completely electronic and skip the send out of tickets?

1 hour ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

Tickets were received yesterday.  IMO they seem to look very cheap!  Any thoughts?  Maybe they should just go completely electronic and skip the send out of tickets?

They're somewhat thinner than past seasons, but I don't keep them.  They work for me. I actually think these are way easier to separate than in past seasons when the tickets arrived in book fashion. I use the lanyard to hold the ticket (have it under my jersey, only need to show it when entering) too. I also believe you have the option of switching to electronic ticket if that's your preference . Personally, I like having a ticket. Don't want to have to flash my cell phone every time I want to enter the arena.

Electronic is the way to go.  100%.  Can text tickets to friends at the drop of a hat, never need to remember the paper, it's just the solid choice, and because it's so transferable, there's really no reason for them to waste the paper and ink to print tickets for us anymore.

if the tickets were special in some way, like the first season for the Rams back in LA (embossed, some nifty designs), or if I thought they might be collectors items, then maybe, but clearly that's a no this year.

if they gave me the option to go paperless completely, i'd do it.

22 hours ago, Fisix said:

Electronic is the way to go.  100%.  Can text tickets to friends at the drop of a hat, never need to remember the paper, it's just the solid choice, and because it's so transferable, there's really no reason for them to waste the paper and ink to print tickets for us anymore.

if the tickets were special in some way, like the first season for the Rams back in LA (embossed, some nifty designs), or if I thought they might be collectors items, then maybe, but clearly that's a no this year.

if they gave me the option to go paperless completely, i'd do it.

Speaking on this issues...I have purchase my Ducks Tickets via Mobile App and Question how good are they?.....can I get in since they are on my Cellphone now?...

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/10/2019 at 9:14 AM, MooseDuck said:

Speaking on this issues...I have purchase my Ducks Tickets via Mobile App and Question how good are they?.....can I get in since they are on my Cellphone now?...

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Yes!  Their scanners just look for bar codes, so as long as you can display the ticket bar code on your phone, you're good to go.  

Just as an example, before they had official e-tickets, I had my wife take a picture of a paper ticket I left at home, i displayed it on my phone, the scanner picked it up as a regular ticket, and I got in.  I did the same with a print-at-home ticket that i forgot to print before heading to the game - i just brought up the email with the PDF ticket, zoomed in to just the bar code, and bob's yer uncle.

And, just in case people wonder about transferring tickets - if I want to send a tic to a pal, i just bring up the e-ticket on my phone, take a screen shot that's saved to my photos on my phone, and then message the screen shot across to their phone.  It's worked for two full seasons.  It's great, because you don't have to rely on apple's iwallet (which requires the other phone to be iOS), and you don't have to use ticketmaster's transfer function (which requires the recipient to have a ticketmaster account).

aside from having to use the NHL app and allowing ticketmaster into my life (they administer the NHL tickets), e-tickets are kick ass.

Are season tickets easy to sell?

Because I‘m from Europe and can’t watch many games in stadium. I heard that other people in Europe has season tickets... for the reason they can go the the playoffs if they wanted some time...

On 9/15/2019 at 12:11 AM, Spike1981 said:

Are season tickets easy to sell?

Because I‘m from Europe and can’t watch many games in stadium. I heard that other people in Europe has season tickets... for the reason they can go the the playoffs if they wanted some time...

depends on where they are.  you'd be unlikely to sell for face value if they're anywhere in the 300 or 400 level, except for special games like vs. Kings or a team with a strong following in the OC.

sometimes they offer playoff spots for people who pick up 10 game mini packs.  if you aren't able to get to many games, i'd try that... or just save your money for when it's more likely we'll make the playoffs.

also... plenty of season ticket holders have not re-signed, so there will be plenty of playoff tickets available after the season holders take their fill (in the off chance that the team makes it this season).

is the Pond wasn't on my commute home, and i didn't have a buddy or two who liked hockey enough to watch midweek games with me, it's very unlikley i'd be a season ticket holder.  too easy to just purchase a game here or there where i can rope the whole fam into going.

• Like 1