The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2019-2020 NHL Catch-All

Kadri and getting tossed out of the first round is the NHL's most consistent duo at the moment. Not only was that a predatory hit that took out a key player, but St. Louis looked completely outclassed in this series until that hit. Now the Blues have something to rally around going back home. This is exactly why Toronto traded Kadri. I want to say I'm shocked this exact same thing is happening all over again but I'm really not. The guy just doesn't learn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Kadri and getting tossed out of the first round is the NHL's most consistent duo at the moment. Not only was that a predatory hit that took out a key player, but St. Louis looked completely outclassed in this series until that hit. Now the Blues have something to rally around going back home. This is exactly why Toronto traded Kadri. I want to say I'm shocked this exact same thing is happening all over again but I'm really not. The guy just doesn't learn.

He better get more than just the first round. This hit was more blatant than Raffi Torres' hit on Hossa in 2012 that got Torres 21 games. I hope Kadri gets something similar here. He's got almost as bad of a prior record as Torres does.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I admit that my animosity stems more from other sports, but the taint affects the entire area.  The Red Sox are an abomination.  The Patriots are cheating d-bags and their QB is an arrogant, self-absorbed bro.  Their coach is the biggest a-hole in professional sports.  The Celtics are awful.  I didn't have much of an issue with the Bruins until Marchand, but he's just trying to catch up for lost time.  And that's just the teams.  Every Boston fan I've ever met is a smug, entitled jerk who will simultaneously play the victim card (our team is cursed!  the league is out to get us!) and also claim they know everything about sports and deserve every championship every season.  They try to start fights at games.  They're notoriously racist, even to the players on the teams they root for.  And yet they'll wear a Jim Rice jersey without a hint of awareness at the irony.  

No, I am not a fan of Boston teams. 

You have every right to. Thanks for the clarification. 

23 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

He better get more than just the first round. This hit was more blatant than Raffi Torres' hit on Hossa in 2012 that got Torres 21 games. I hope Kadri gets something similar here. He's got almost as bad of a prior record as Torres does.

did we hear about repercussions yet?

On 5/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, Fisix said:

kings seem to be making moves to make their team better.  wish we seemed to be as active.

https://www.nhl.com/news/vladimir-tkachyov-los-angeles-kings-agree-to-contract/c-325075218

We usually complain when we sign a random Euro or Russian.  Kings are taking a stab at someone when literally no other team is making moves until the ED.

You make it look like the world is moving fast past the Ducks when one team is making a minor move to take a shot in the dark at someone.

• Like 1

i'm just saying i see a rebuilding team being active while we aren't.  i'd at least like some movement on the assistant coaching - stuff like that won't affect the ED plans.

5 hours ago, gotchabari said:

We usually complain when we sign a random Euro or Russian.  Kings are taking a stab at someone when literally no other team is making moves until the ED.

You make it look like the world is moving fast past the Ducks when one team is making a minor move to take a shot in the dark at someone.

The world IS moving fast past the ducks.  Stats and record tell the story.

Sounds like Toronto really HAS to move Marner. I doubt it, but man a Marner changes this franchise mightily. 

Edited by Sexlaf15

7 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Sounds like Toronto really HAS to move Marner. I doubt it, but man a Marner changes this franchise mightily. 

Apparently dubas and shanahan came out and said they won't move Marner and want to keep the big 4 together. Of course they're gonna say that in public but I really believe they'll hold on to them. It's gonna be an interesting summer in toronto.