Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2019-2020 NHL Catch-All

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, ZTHER said:

LOL KINGS!

McLennen can't believe he can't beat the Oilers!

haha yeah...and Mike Smith looked preeettty bad in that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Seems like every time the Kings play a division rival they always give up a three point game. Can't hold a lead.  

Did anyone see the game live??? That game-tying goal from Tkachuk was pretty sick...but wasn't it a high-stick above the crossbar?? The highlights didn't show any review...would have thought there would have been!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Did anyone see the game live??? That game-tying goal from Tkachuk was pretty sick...but wasn't it a high-stick above the crossbar?? The highlights didn't show any review...would have thought there would have been!

Yes it looked like he batted it when it was above his shoulder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Did anyone see the game live??? That game-tying goal from Tkachuk was pretty sick...but wasn't it a high-stick above the crossbar?? The highlights didn't show any review...would have thought there would have been!

It should have been blown dead, but the refs let it go.  If one of the Ducks had pulled that move it would have stopped play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

It should have been blown dead, but the refs let it go.  If one of the Ducks had pulled that move it would have stopped play.

geez...that's dumb. I mean, I love the play, but...like is it not even reviewable??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Can that be reviewed?  I forget what the new rules are about what can be checked.  It definitely looked like it was played above the shoulder.

my question exactly! is it because it wasn't the actually contact that put the puck in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda amusing that Capfriendly has Patrick Marleau with three teams this season and zero games played.

Yes, yes, I know traded, bought out and just signed. Still amusing.

For $700K/1 Year for an old timer who still can put up 16-21-37, good deal for the Sharks. Not to mention all the good will of bringing Captain-Catipillar-Brows back into the fold to retire as a Shark.

Maybe Jumbo and Eyebrows can have a good by retirement skate. As fitting as it would be it wouldn't even hold a candle to the tear jerker that was Selanne grabbing the visiting teams goalie for (just typing this mid sentence and my eyes are doing weird things, damn fall pollen 😉) one last lap at the Ponda.

 

 

Edited by poum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, Shadowduck said:

Seems like every time the Kings play a division rival they always give up a three point game. Can't hold a lead.  

Well they didn't go for the 3 point game last night. Losing 8-2 against vancouver is pretty spectacular. The season is still young but it'll be hard to keep the kings out of the last spot.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Are the Kings already tanking lol? Is Carlyle their coach? They've been awful.

And James Neal leads the league in goals.

Fun start to the season so far.

Yeah!! Neal looks like he has been rejuvenated! I'm sure he'll come back down to earth, but man it must be nice to be rid of that Lucic contract...

 

4 hours ago, poum said:

Kinda amusing that Capfriendly has Patrick Marleau with three teams this season and zero games played.

Yes, yes, I know traded, bought out and just signed. Still amusing.

For $700K/1 Year for an old timer who still can put up 16-21-37, good deal for the Sharks. Not to mention all the good will of bringing Captain-Catipillar-Brows back into the fold to retire as a Shark.

Maybe Jumbo and Eyebrows can have a good by retirement skate. As fitting as it would be it wouldn't even hold a candle to the tear jerker that was Selanne grabbing the visiting teams goalie for (just typing this mid sentence and my eyes are doing weird things, damn fall pollen 😉) one last lap at the Ponda.

 

 

It's one of the better signings the Sharks have made recently...letting Pavelski go probably hurts...but bringing back a loooong standing captain in Patty...it's a step in the right direction for the leadership of that team (where it really looked like they were just lacking). Down 0-4-0...they need leadership just as much as wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fisix said:

sharks are 0 and 4.  that's weird.

kings are 1 and 2.  there's some infrastructure issues going on over there.

I can't imagine Doughty really wants to stay on that team...I mean, they'll be a better team (possibly MUCH better) in 2 or 3 years with Turcotte and whomever they get this coming draft and when the Kovalchuk contract expires. And if Campbell turns into the goalie he looks like he can be. But I don't know if Doughty wants to wait till then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fisix said:

sharks are 0 and 4.  that's weird.

kings are 1 and 2.  there's some infrastructure issues going on over there.

I’d take much more joy out of LA being awful if they didn’t have a stacked prospect pool and likely to be very good in the near future.

The Sharks being 0-4 is fantastic but they’ve also had to play Vegas twice and Nashville which is no easy start. I still think they’ll figure it out though but I’m going to enjoy their suffering for the time being.

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Your third sentence follows your first one, but the second one seems out of place there.  Screw James Neal and everything he stands for.

It’s just stunning that Edmonton won a trade for once. Still hope that Connor requests a trade out of there at some point.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

BB can't have too much time left behind the Wild bench...

Schedule makers did him no favors either. So far they’ve had 6/7 games on the road with the only home game against Pittsburgh. 20 of their first 30 games are on the road too. I’ve never seen a schedule like that before.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Schedule makers did him no favors either. So far they’ve had 6/7 games on the road with the only home game against Pittsburgh. 20 of their first 30 games are on the road too. I’ve never seen a schedule like that before.

ohhhh ouch! thats rough...i feel like we had a season like that with him...or near the end of RC years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Still trying to figure out Edmonton Oilers. Are they for real or it's a delayed fluke?

if James Neal truly has found his game again...they can be dangerous...but i dont trust they can keep this goaltending a defense up...although...Tippet can have a pretty strong d system...i dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still early in the season. Too early to draw conclusions. Including about ourselves. But having McDavid and Draisaitl on the top of their game will go a long way I think. Especially early in the season when some teams are still figuring things out. 

I do think the Avs are for real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, FanSince1993 said:

Still trying to figure out Edmonton Oilers. Are they for real or it's a delayed fluke?

Obviously Mcdavid and Draisaitl are the real deal, but the minute they lose a defenseman to injury they will regress back to the Oilers team that we can laugh at again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, FanSince1993 said:

Still trying to figure out Edmonton Oilers. Are they for real or it's a delayed fluke?

We can ask the same question about the Ducks lol, although I think that the Ducks have played better overall hockey, sans special teams. Edmonton's PP is the best in the league and they have a top-5 PK. If Neal is able to be a scoring threat going forward then they are going to be right in the mix for the playoffs. Their 5v5 play doesn't seem to be that great, so I expect them to course correct a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There is some criticism out there regarding Couture's candidness in the wake of the team's struggles, which is honestly a little surprising. The first-year captain has been in a leadership role for the Sharks for multiple seasons now and has continuously held the team, and himself, accountable when things aren't going well."

there was a whole article on yahoo about all the things wrong with the sharks this season which in general is a great idea for an article lol im also super happy to see others calling out the leadership, but this writers response bugs me! leadership has been a glaring issue on the sharks for YEARS...so...this whole "this is surprising since couture's been a leader for years..." is like....yeah...thats why leadership has been a huge issue for so long! other comments were that they need Pavs...and well...THAT'S where your leadership went!

thats all i wanted to say lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sharks-fans-voice-five-biggest-053520357.html

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fisix said:

i do sort of wonder if the team chemistry is shot because of E. Kane.  Before he came, you could see happiness in the players of the team, including Burns.  I haven't seen Burns happy in a while, not like he used to be.

wouldn't be surprised by that at all!

i mean also...how surprised are we really? with their lack of leadership and they didnt do anything to address their goaltending -- biggest issue if you ask me. and they lost their captain to free agency...lost a good scorer, leadership diminished, and goaltending stayed the same.

ohhh but karlsson is healthy!...karlsson and burns are too similar of players that karlsson's impact is greatly diminished than if he were on another team. another burns is not what the sharks needed. sticking to what i said back when they traded for him...and now the signing cost them pavs who they actually need more than karlsson.

and honestly, sure they made the conference finals last playoffs -- 2 wins away from the finals against the eventual cup champions...but getting that far was a fluke. technically they were a first round exit team... what happened in that first round that got them the win was 5% them, 20% the knights collapsing, and 75% a bad call. ive said this a few times this past off-season...the sharks downfall right now is they think they are better than they are and wont admit otherwise.

...glad i havent been proven wrong yet lol

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby R is fine with his deal: https://mynhltraderumors.com/quick-hits-marc-staal-bobby-ryan-and-roman-josi/2019/10/30/

Quote

“I think my contract is ok. Works for me. Everybody’s got an agent and they did their job. You can laugh about it all you want. Obviously, everything gets magnified because of it and I understand that. And have I lived up to it? At portions of the contract, yes and to other portions of the contract, absolutely not and I understand that. I’m not going to say it sucks.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

wouldn't be surprised by that at all!

i mean also...how surprised are we really? with their lack of leadership and they didnt do anything to address their goaltending -- biggest issue if you ask me. and they lost their captain to free agency...lost a good scorer, leadership diminished, and goaltending stayed the same.

ohhh but karlsson is healthy!...karlsson and burns are too similar of players that karlsson's impact is greatly diminished than if he were on another team. another burns is not what the sharks needed. sticking to what i said back when they traded for him...and now the signing cost them pavs who they actually need more than karlsson.

and honestly, sure they made the conference finals last playoffs -- 2 wins away from the finals against the eventual cup champions...but getting that far was a fluke. technically they were a first round exit team... what happened in that first round that got them the win was 5% them, 20% the knights collapsing, and 75% a bad call. ive said this a few times this past off-season...the sharks downfall right now is they think they are better than they are and wont admit otherwise.

...glad i havent been proven wrong yet lol

What does that say about the Ducks?

In the past five years the Sharks have had better playoff success.

From 2014-2015 to 2018-2019

Ducks: Conference Finals, First Round, Conference, First Round swept by the Sharks, Not Qualified.

Sharks: Not Qualified, SCF, First Round, Second Round, Conference Finals.

I personally like the Ducks player leadership. But the Sharks have had a better run of it the past few years.

And certainly, there's more to playoff success than on ice leadership but I think laughing at the Sharks for a perceived lack leadership is a bit dated.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, poum said:

What does that say about the Ducks?

In the past five years the Sharks have had better playoff success.

From 2014-2015 to 2018-2019

Ducks: Conference Finals, First Round, Conference, First Round swept by the Sharks, Not Qualified.

Sharks: Not Qualified, SCF, First Round, Second Round, Conference Finals.

I personally like the Ducks player leadership. But the Sharks have had a better run of it the past few years.

And certainly, there's more to playoff success than on ice leadership but I think laughing at the Sharks for a perceived lack leadership is a bit dated

You mean beyond Getz everyone sucks? Or even he can't pull his weight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, poum said:

What does that say about the Ducks?

In the past five years the Sharks have had better playoff success.

From 2014-2015 to 2018-2019

Ducks: Conference Finals, First Round, Conference, First Round swept by the Sharks, Not Qualified.

Sharks: Not Qualified, SCF, First Round, Second Round, Conference Finals.

I personally like the Ducks player leadership. But the Sharks have had a better run of it the past few years.

And certainly, there's more to playoff success than on ice leadership but I think laughing at the Sharks for a perceived lack leadership is a bit dated.

 

 

well, first off, i dont think laughing at the sharks for any reason will ever be dated :D

i also like the Ducks leadership! ...i have more to say, but i need to get ready for work...but ill be back and respond more...just wanted to say that first part first :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 5:19 PM, Fisix said:

Interesting. I guess they’re send him a signal that he needs to keep it in his pants and deal with his anger issues off ice.

 
Wonder when they’ll do that with Wilson?

or Marchant with his shenanigans?

or the various divers in the league that make the refs and the game look like a joke?

I’m on Lucic’s side on this one, and boy I never thought I’d Say those words. If you go in after the whistle and swat the opposing teams goalie, you better expect to start shedding your gloves and take a  punch in the face like a big boy. The way he landed made this looks worse than it was. This new “soft” version of hockey gets on my nerves sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
·
15m
 
DEVELOPING: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas filed a lawsuit Monday in Clark County District Court alleging #SJSharks
 
NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_SJSharks.png
forward Evander Kane failed to pay back $500K in gambling markers the casino extended to him in April (via Las Vegas ). More: https://tsn.ca/1.1393258
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...