The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2019-2020 NHL Catch-All

5 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Detroit and Ottawa played the funniest 3 on 3 overtime period ever last night. It literally looked like those toddlers who come out to play hockey during the first intermission at some arenas. Belly flopping, whiffing on shots, everyone chasing the puck, missing wide open nets, it was wonderful. I know they won the game in a shootout but nobody is going to catch the Red Wings. 12 wins at this point of the season is a legitimate marvel.

Didn’t the Ducks blow a 2 goal lead against Detroit and lose at home?

20 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Didn’t the Ducks blow a 2 goal lead against Detroit and lose at home?

Ah good times. Gotta give credit to Detroit for riding the momentum from that comeback victory straight to a 12 game winless streak!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Knights just fired their coach whhhhhasaat???

Absolutely baffled. They also hired Deboer?????? Jack Adams winner a year and a half a go. I don’t get it. Has to be something behind the scenes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Absolutely baffled. They also hired Deboer?????? Jack Adams winner a year and a half a go. I don’t get it. Has to be something behind the scenes?

This is more surprising than the Shero firing. Vegas is doing fine and is only 3 points back of the division lead also. Nothing in the team’s statement indicates that it’s for anything other than hockey reasons either. I don’t get it  either.

I think I would much rather have Gallant behind the bench over Eakins but that's not going to happen. His name sounds French so watch Montréal fire Julien for him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

saaaaaaaammmmee! what!? when Laviolette is available?!

although when he was fired from Florida...while not a similar situation....they were still over .500 too....so....strange...

There must be some behind the scene issues going on. The teams current situation does not warrant this sort of change. And like Jasoaks questioned, why Deboer when Laviolette is available.

Very werd.

29 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

There must be some behind the scene issues going on. The teams current situation does not warrant this sort of change. And like Jasoaks questioned, why Deboer when Laviolette is available.

Very werd.

From everything I’m reading on Twitter there’s no real whispers of anything other than the Knights being 4-6 in their last 10 and their standings. If Gallant wants to be an assistant, for the love of god throw all the money at the guy. Give him our special teams and have him give Eakins advice. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

If Gallant wants to be an assistant, for the love of god throw all the money at the guy. Give him our special teams and have him give Eakins advice. 

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

WELL...

I mean, these coaches are going to be picked up by one or more Canadian teams, right?  The ones operating with AHL coaches or assistants stepping up?

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

WELL...

I mean, these coaches are going to be picked up by one or more Canadian teams, right?  The ones operating with AHL coaches or assistants stepping up?

Canadian fans are googling whether or not Gallant speaks French.

7 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Hire Gallant right now.  Thanks, Eakins, you tried hard, but you're not cutting it.  Get Gallant in here.

we've been talking about bold moves.... that would certainly be one.

but... i think we all know that it doesn't really fit in with BM's or the ownership's general MO.  it would be completely out of character of either of them, let alone both together, to do that.

Man, how did St. Louis get to be so good?  They are amazing to watch.  They were so far ahead and in a different universe than the ducks the other day...

And then there is the Montreal power play.  I thought the ducks were bad but the habs are pretty awful at it...

chicago nearly scored a couple of times in the first minute of the PP...  Ouch.

41 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Man, how did St. Louis get to be so good?  They are amazing to watch.  They were so far ahead and in a different universe than the ducks the other day...

part of that is a stanley cup run/championship...the experience you get playing so many "must win" games in a row and winning them and seeing what it takes to win them...that changes your team. I felt the same watching Boston play. just...another universe like you said.

10 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Hire Gallant right now.  Thanks, Eakins, you tried hard, but you're not cutting it.  Get Gallant in here.

When I first heard about the canning, all of five minutes ago. I immediately texted my friend (Kings fan), "I call dibs on Gallant!"

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, gorbachav5 said:

Even Gallant couldn’t fix this mess.  Time and experience is what’s required.

I was listening to NHL radio on Sirius over the weekend (as well as last week) and I noticed that their coverage never mentioned the ducks.  They covered Vancouver and San Jose but no mention at all about the ducks.  They never even mentioned the upcoming game tonight against San Jose - they said there were two games tonight - St. Louis vs Vancouver and Dallas vs Tampa - couple this along with the zero presence of Ducks at the all star game - talk about being "shunned"...  No wonder the owners don't care much about the team - I'm seeing why.

Makes me want the ducks to win more and more.

Go Ducks!

I legit do not understand how Giordano keeps getting away with throwing dirty hits/knees. I mean now people are talking about it more because it happened to Lord McDavid. Guy is a clown 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I legit do not understand how Giordano keeps getting away with throwing dirty hits/knees. I mean now people are talking about it more because it happened to Lord McDavid. Guy is a clown 

It's not even the first time he's gone after McDavid and yet somehow he's still "not that type of player!"

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:01 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

That guy should no longer be in the league. He's a disgrace.

• Like 1

wow...Kings getting rid of Campbell for two 3rd rounders?? (possibly one of them turns into a 2nd)...i dunno...Campbell looked like the real deal and was one of the reasons I was nervous about playing the Kings in the future...but...i guess....they think Quick can stay relevant long enough? ugh... i dunno....

i also have no idea what Trevor Moore brings...and losing Clifford is whatever.

19 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

wow...Kings getting rid of Campbell for two 3rd rounders?? (possibly one of them turns into a 2nd)...i dunno...Campbell looked like the real deal and was one of the reasons I was nervous about playing the Kings in the future...but...i guess....they think Quick can stay relevant long enough? ugh... i dunno....

i also have no idea what Trevor Moore brings...and losing Clifford is whatever.

I think it was more likely that nobody wanted to pay the asking price for Quick. I have not really followed the Kings this year but from what I have heard in commentary regarding this trade the Kings have another prospect waiting in the wings they think will be better than Cambell and they needed to make room one way or another.

As far as Clifford goes, my fondest memory of him is when Sheldon Brookbank rang his bell. I can still see the slow motion replay in my mind's eye.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I think it was more likely that nobody wanted to pay the asking price for Quick. I have not really followed the Kings this year but from what I have heard in commentary regarding this trade the Kings have another prospect waiting in the wings they think will be better than Cambell and they needed to make room one way or another.

As far as Clifford goes, my fondest memory of him is when Sheldon Brookbank rang his bell. I can still see the slow motion replay in my mind's eye.

oh true, I did read about that other back-up, too....i already forgot his name lol

also, geez...McDavid is insane...i dunno guys...he might be the best player to ever play the game in regards to skill...

he's fast, he's strong, he's got crazy accuracy, he's got vision, he's got smarts, he's got hands...and he's not even in his prime...

I mean, obviously Lemieux and Gretzky and Crosby and Ovechkin are like...up there...but...man you see their highlights and then you see McDavid highlights and it just looks like McDavid is in another universe.

Edited by Jasoaks