The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2019-2020 NHL Catch-All

53 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Does that man's name rhyme with Grob Slurry?

For legal reasons, I can’t answer that. 

• Haha 1

Crazy how much high end talent was drafted in 2015. Crushing that the Ducks ended up with Larsson and Nattinen as their top-2 picks.

Oh hey, Tom Wilson got suspended for trying to smash someone's brain in again. Only 7 games this time but Ovechkin has the nerve to come out and say it's a joke even though his serial offender of a teammate has gotten off easy numerous times and arguably has yet again. Can't wait until the first round of the playoffs when this cycle inevitably repeats itself again. 

• Like 1

Just watching Rangers vs Penguins.  It's hard to watch 2 teams that have a real "system" and know how to play.  Both teams are fast, good defensively, power play by Pittsburgh is amazing (and I hate them more than any team) but jeez, the hockey that we ducks fans watch night after night is just brutal.  Last night, ducks had what - 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period?  Spend most of each shift in their own end, then they get the puck and somehow get it to center and then just give it back to the opposition and go for a change.  So hard to watch.

10 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Last night, ducks had what - 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period?  Spend most of each shift in their own end, then they get the puck and somehow get it to center and then just give it back to the opposition and go for a change.  So hard to watch.

this is part of the ducks tradition i hope gets thrown out the door in the rebuild.  other teams get hemmed in too, but we seem to make a habit out of it when we're up in the third.  the only caveat right now is that we're missing both Lindholm and Manson, and so we're hurting in ways that might contribute to us getting hemmed in more often than not.

of course, it also dovetails with our general inability to play a strong 60 minutes - maybe conditioning?  could also be penalties, coupled with the disparity in penalties that get called.  eventually we need to push past that.

Crazy, just saw that the Sharks might completely terminate Kane's contract due to him being bankrupt. The article was saying that it may sound backwards, but by doing so, debt collectors would have less to be able to potentially get from him. Crazy. Also an excuse to terminate his contract...it's amazing (yet not that uncommon) that these players can get to the point of filing for bankruptcy while having multi-million dollar contracts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-evander-kane-sharks-mulling-contract-termination-in-bankruptcy-court-213808787.html

• Sad 1

man, watching other teams play really underscores how really awful the ducks are: a poorly coached team without a clue.

I don't usually keep track of who is who with refs....but Tim Peel has been fired from reffing. And wont be allowed to ref and NHL game again. Was he one of the bad ones? His name sounds familiar...

The only one I know by name is Wes McCauley...he's great! haha

• Like 1

Reminder on Tim Peel: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/my-night-at-the-bar-with-tim-peel--nhl-ref-and-object-of-scorn-171058557.html

The tinfoil hat side of me can't help but wonder if he was set up by the NHL here. I mean, what are the chances that they leave his mic on during a broadcast without a delay (i.e. swear-catcher)? Rumors at the time were that his interview with Wysh put him the league's doghouse, and since he was scheduled to retire this season, this was a way for the league to screw him before he could make it to the end of an otherwise colorful NHL career.

The irony of Viktor Arvidsson being at he centre of this controversy cause for once it was his stick was in the general vicinity of a player who dropped to the ice and drew a garbage penalty

• Like 1

if only this were indicative of cleaning house with some of the horrible reffing.... or even a retraining effort.  

have we heard anything from the refs union?

4 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

The irony of Viktor Arvidsson being at he centre of this controversy cause for once it was his stick was in the general vicinity of a player who dropped to the ice and drew a garbage penalty

So true!! “...wanted to get a f—— penalty against Nashville early....” was the part caught on the audio feed before they cut it off, but what do you want to bet the rest of that comment was: "because they've been diving all f----ing night and they're just going to keep diving unless we make them cut that s---- out!"

• Like 2

Eric Stahl traded from Buffalo to Montreal for a 3rd and a 5th. A few interesting points here: (1) I guess we can close the book on a potential Getzlaf-Pery reunion in Montreal for one final playoff run. :( (2) That's not much of a return and doesn't bode well for the Ducks if they want to move Getzlaf, who is basically the same age and has almost identical numbers to Stahl. (3) Stahl had to waive his NTC, which apparently included all Canadian teams because of the quarantine requirement. I didn't think of that earlier, but I wonder how many of the current crop of pending UFAs who would normally be no-brainers to move at the TDL will nix trades to Canadian teams because they don't want to quarantine. Could be yet another hurdle for TDL that results in much less activity.

• Sad 1

Zibanejab (sp lol) needs to keep playing against the Flyers just like Terry needs to keep playing against Miska.

Also, fun fact...if Zibanhejhab was on our team and only played those 2 games against the flyers...he'd be tied with Silfv and Terry in goals and assists and points......lol......

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Zibanejab (sp lol) needs to keep playing against the Flyers just like Terry needs to keep playing against Miska.

Also, fun fact...if Zibanhejhab was on our team and only played those 2 games against the flyers...he'd be tied with Silfv and Terry in goals and assists and points......lol......

Ohhhh man...McDavid is almost at 2 pts per game this season....geeez....he already has more pts and assists than any one of our own players did in any of the past THREE seasons (including this one...obviously lol)!

You guys think McDavid gets a suspension??? I mean...he literally went out of his way to hit a player not eligible to be hit and hit them in the head with his elbow....he's been suspended already for far less....

So, my guess is....no. 😕

wow...St. Louis and San Jose are TIED right now.... and Arizona is just ONE point ahead....that last final playoff spot might actually be a nail biter.....

geez....Matthews is on a 66-goal pace for a full season....which would have been the most goals since 95/96 by super mario....(ovechkin had 65 in 07/08)

Was an exciting game! Great interview with Patty at the end...you could see the moment where it hit him what he's accomplished.

Was really rooting for a Marleau gwg in OT...that would have been epic!! ...but he's on a line with Hertl....and hooollllyyy shiiit...Hertl has ZERO hockey sense. Or vision. Talented, skilled guy...but man...I've never really watched the sharks so closely before in a game...wow haha

It amazes me we aren't officially out (although...i feel like there's actually ZERO chance we make the playoffs even if we win every game....) but the Sabers and COLUMBUS already are...we must be next though haha

...although I just looked at the standings...I mean...I guess if LA, St. Louis, Arizona and SJ don't get to 53 pts and we somehow go on a 9-game winning streak (which isn't UNHEARD of)....i guess we're in haha

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

It amazes me we aren't officially out (although...i feel like there's actually ZERO chance we make the playoffs even if we win every game....) but the Sabers and COLUMBUS already are...we must be next though haha

...although I just looked at the standings...I mean...I guess if LA, St. Louis, Arizona and SJ don't get to 53 pts and we somehow go on a 9-game winning streak (which isn't UNHEARD of)....i guess we're in haha

Sportsclubstats.com gives us a 0.004% chance of making the playoffs.

If Anaheim goes 9-0 to end the season, the odds go up to 23.7%. Lol.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, PetrSykora said:

Oh hey, Tom Wilson got suspended for trying to smash someone's brain in again. Only 7 games this time but Ovechkin has the nerve to come out and say it's a joke even though his serial offender of a teammate has gotten off easy numerous times and arguably has yet again. Can't wait until the first round of the playoffs when this cycle inevitably repeats itself again. 

Ha what an idiot. The playoffs don't start until a week from now!

Besides, Tom Wilson is a reformed player. The Craps even stitched an A on his sweater after his latest suspension for dishing out brain damage to prove it. Don't pay any mind to tonight's game when he sucker punched the back of Buchnevich's head while he was laying face down and immediately followed that act up by trying to drive a helmet-less Panarin into the ice. He's a champion.

Wow, what a statement from the Rangers!!! Calling for Parros to be straight up fired. Can’t say I disagree. If I sucked at my job as much as Parros sucks at his, I’d have been fired a long time ago.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 4