The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobD360

Justin Faulk

Multiple sources saying Ducks are talking with Canes about right handed defenseman Faulk. What do you guys think of him?  Could he be a good fit? Pending if he approves a trade to Ana which is not on his list of destinations; He might cost up to $6mill per. I don’t know much about him. 

6 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Multiple sources saying Ducks are talking with Canes about right handed defenseman Faulk. What do you guys think of him?  Could he be a good fit? Pending if he approves a trade to Ana which is not on his list of destinations; He might cost up to $6mill per. I don’t know much about him. 

5 hours ago, DucksProg said:

We need a defenseman , but at the cost of Kase + ? I’m not ready to give up on Kase even a little bit tbh. If he can stay healthy, his ceiling is pretty high. Faulk is Okay but not worth it imo!

what do you guys think?

Crazy. Kase is going to be a 30+ goal scorer. How good can this Faulk be if he’s getting pushed out due to Jake G signing on the canes???!

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

Crazy. Kase is going to be a 30+ goal scorer. How good can this Faulk be if he’s getting pushed out due to Jake G signing on the canes???!

AGREED!! If the Canes think they are getting an upgrade with Gardiner and losing Faulk...ugh...I don't think it's a statement on Faulk...I think it's a statement on grossly overestimating Gardiner.

Have Faulk...Ducks need to inquire on 2nd round Pick maybe First along with Prospect. In the Deal.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

This has a Kunitz for Whitney 2.0 feel to it...please do not trade away our potential leading goal scorer. Besides, Faulk had us on his do not trade to list...if he doesn't want to play here then why pursue him.

Sucks for Kase. Knowing that his own team doesn’t want him. Crappy really. Bob wasted no time in trying to deal him off. If he doesn’t get traded he will always feel like he’s the one to go sooner or later as the cat is out of the bag

The canes could sign Gardiner for 4 mil. They won't be able to sign Faulk for that kind of money. Didn't they also acquire that Priske guy? I guess they have a bit of a logjam and decided to keep the cheaper guys.
I'm not opposed to it if he comes with an extension (no more than 6 mil and no NMC clause please). I really like Kase and if he can stay healthy I'll regret it but his injury history is concern to me. I'd trade him if the right deal comes along. Whether that is Faulk is the question of course.

11 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Sucks for Kase. Knowing that his own team doesn’t want him. Crappy really. Bob wasted no time in trying to deal him off. If he doesn’t get traded he will always feel like he’s the one to go sooner or later as the cat is out of the bag

Ok, this seems a bit dramatic. First off, no one out of the Ducks camp has said Kase is on the move. Second off, being traded does not mean you're not "wanted." Third off, Bob HAS wasted tons of time "trying to deal him off" as the reaction around the league to the Kase RUMOR was complete shock as GMs were saying that Kase was NEVER on the table when asked about him -- it was a non-starter. Which of course is not confirmed or denied from the Ducks camp anyway.

13 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Often one always know that Teams always come first...All Ducks Fans hope to keep their fav players together but we know it's part of the sport,Game and Business.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Ok, this seems a bit dramatic. First off, no one out of the Ducks camp has said Kase is on the move. Second off, being traded does not mean you're not "wanted." Third off, Bob HAS wasted tons of time "trying to deal him off" as the reaction around the league to the Kase RUMOR was complete shock as GMs were saying that Kase was NEVER on the table when asked about him -- it was a non-starter. Which of course is not confirmed or denied from the Ducks camp anyway.

So it looks like Eric Stephens basically confirmed this morning that he was also hearing Kase was a part of the deal (which I now hope does NOT go through). This is now a bad situation and I hope that Kase isn't phased by it and still plays to the level that many of us expect him to play at this coming season. I have very high hopes for Kase.

I'd also bet that GMBM is really ticked that Kase's name has been leaked by the Canes media. He does NOT like it when players are named during negotiations. Remember how tight-lipped the Kesler trade deadline negotiations were in terms of which Ducks players were in play? This might be the last trade negotiation he has with Carolina for a while...

9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

So it looks like Eric Stephens basically confirmed this morning that he was also hearing Kase was a part of the deal (which I now hope does NOT go through). This is now a bad situation and I hope that Kase isn't phased by it and still plays to the level that many of us expect him to play at this coming season. I have very high hopes for Kase.

I'd also bet that GMBM is really ticked that Kase's name has been leaked by the Canes media. He does NOT like it when players are named during negotiations. Remember how tight-lipped the Kesler trade deadline negotiations were in terms of which Ducks players were in play? This might be the last trade negotiation he has with Carolina for a while...

Ugh, damnit, really? that sucks...I don't want to lose Kase, not at all. But yeah, I'd be psised too if I were BM and this got leaked. I really don't want to lose Kase :( 

EDIT: I don't think Kase will be phased by it (but I don't know him lol). But I mean, it's not like he was the face of the franchise and was bought out. People are talked about traded all the time and I don't think anyone should look at Kase being part of the deal as "Bob doesn't want him." Bob just thinks he has a lot of good forwards and REAAALLLYY needs that RHD.

...also why does Bob have to keep trading away the high energy players?! Cogs....now Kase??? :(

On 9/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, RobD360 said:

Link to where someone on the Ducks said they don't want him please?     Only thing I've seen is that Carolina wants him.

Faulk has 67 goals in the last 5 years.   Kase might be my favorite Duck, but we have plenty of young players to replace him.   This isn't Kunitz trade. Kunitz didn't have concussion issues and Wiz had 53 goals in 11 years.

3 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Link to where someone on the Ducks said they don't want him please?     Only thing I've seen is that Carolina wants him.

By virtue of most trades (or rumors in this case) but If the rumors are true then logic goes that he is not needed on the Ducks or else why would they trade him off? Right? Its a business sure, everybody gets that but in the end the players are still human and if your a player that is being dangled for trade bait then it’s only human nature to wonder if it’s not this time around then when. Again it’s all BAU. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:41 PM, Jasoaks said:

Ugh, damnit, really? that sucks...I don't want to lose Kase, not at all. But yeah, I'd be psised too if I were BM and this got leaked. I really don't want to lose Kase :( 

EDIT: I don't think Kase will be phased by it (but I don't know him lol). But I mean, it's not like he was the face of the franchise and was bought out. People are talked about traded all the time and I don't think anyone should look at Kase being part of the deal as "Bob doesn't want him." Bob just thinks he has a lot of good forwards and REAAALLLYY needs that RHD.

...also why does Bob have to keep trading away the high energy players?! Cogs....now Kase??? :(

Yeah but Kase got picked over another player to be dangled. But devils advocate could be that’s who the Canes wanted over someone else. 

So is Faulk a good defensive player? Is he worth the trade? I don’t know. 

4 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Faulk has 67 goals in the last 5 years.   Kase might be my favorite Duck, but we have plenty of young players to replace him.   This isn't Kunitz trade. Kunitz didn't have concussion issues and Wiz had 53 goals in 11 years.

Ryan Whitney?

Seems like this deal is not happening. One can only hope now that this turns into the sequel to Corey Perry + 1st for Mike Comrie... 

On 9/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, dtsdlaw said:

Ryan Whitney?

Seems like this deal is not happening. One can only hope now that this turns into the sequel to Corey Perry + 1st for Mike Comrie... 

good catch there.   Same difference though.  Whitney had 50 goals in 11 years.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, RobD360 said:

By virtue of most trades (or rumors in this case) but If the rumors are true then logic goes that he is not needed on the Ducks or else why would they trade him off? Right? Its a business sure, everybody gets that but in the end the players are still human and if your a player that is being dangled for trade bait then it’s only human nature to wonder if it’s not this time around then when. Again it’s all BAU. 

Really faulty logic.  The Ducks need scoring as bad as anyone.   They make trades because it fits a need that is greater than the gap left behind.  We have a lot of decent your F's. Canes have a lot of decent D men.   That's how trades are made for the most part in the NHL.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, RobD360 said:

Yeah but Kase got picked over another player to be dangled. But devils advocate could be that’s who the Canes wanted over someone else. 

So is Faulk a good defensive player? Is he worth the trade? I don’t know. 

You keep saying this, but it's likely the player the Canes want in return, than the Ducks choosing which player to give up.  And he's still not 100%.  I trade him for Faulk in a heart beat and Kase is my favorite player on the team.

1 hour ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Really faulty logic.  The Ducks need scoring as bad as anyone.   They make trades because it fits a need that is greater than the gap left behind.  We have a lot of decent your F's. Canes have a lot of decent D men.   That's how trades are made for the most part in the NHL.

You keep saying this, but it's likely the player the Canes want in return, than the Ducks choosing which player to give up.  And he's still not 100%.  I trade him for Faulk in a heart beat and Kase is my favorite player on the team.

That I agree if one looks at the stats of previous season our Ducks scored 199 Goals for and they are DEAD LAST in League...which Our team needs to get Faulk.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, JiggyToTheCup said:

If you read and understood my posts you responded to you would see we’re saying the same thing on both these bolder points you made. 

1. I conclude It’s “BAU”

2. Taking the Playing Devils advocate role, I say Kase is probably the player the Canes wanted in return. 

6 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

According to Eliott Teaford of the OC Register, the Ducks offered Faulk 7 years at just under $7mil per year. I'm so very grateful that Faulk turned that down lol

So I guess Ducks are going to Plan B.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

16 minutes ago, Fisix said:

that seems like a LOT of money to turn down.  like, a ridiculous amount.  i also wonder if there was a mNTC in there too, though unlikely.  either he thinks anaheim stinks, or he is thinking that the cap will go up and he'll get more.

meh.

Faulk traded to St. Louis for Boekk, Edmundson and a 7th round pick. Signs a 7 year/6.5 mil per year extension.

I guess he really didn’t want to come to a rebuilding Anaheim team.

52 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Faulk traded to St. Louis for Boekk, Edmundson and a 7th round pick. Signs a 7 year/6.5 mil per year extension.

I guess he really didn’t want to come to a rebuilding Anaheim team.

Yep. It also looks like sending Kase would have been a serious over-pay too. Just eyeballing the details, I think the equivalent value from the Ducks would have been something like Lundestrom + MDZ + 5th for Faulk. 

This was a good no trade.  Not to mention, seven years extension at $6.5m per year (which is what the Blues gave him) would have been too much IMO.  Another Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf contract......

41 minutes ago, Fowl said:

This was a good no trade.  Not to mention, seven years extension at $6.5m per year (which is what the Blues gave him) would have been too much IMO.  Another Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf contract......

BM never learns from previous mistakes. Anybody over the age of 27 should not get a contract more than 5 years, otherwise it's Perry#2, Kesler#2, or Fowler#2 three years from now.

51 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Kase certainly would have been an overpay.  I might say the equivalent from the Ducks is Lundestrom + Larsson (with no draft pick).  Or maybe Morand + Larsson.  Edmundson is a solid third pairing d-man.  MDZ is...not that.  Not any longer.  Anyway, that's quibbling and the point remains that the Ducks would have been giving up way more than Edmundson and Bokk by trading kase. 

That contract for Faulk is fine, money-wise, but is at least two years too long.

I had MDZ + a 5th rounder in Edmundson's spot (also with no 5th rounder coming back to St Louis) solely because Edmundson is a UFA after this season. I thought about Larsson there, but since Larsson's rights will still be retained for 5 more seasons, I didn't see that as being equivalent to the one year of Edmundson as a 3rd pair D. But yeah, now we're quibbling....  :lol:   Either way, Kase would have been a huge overpay.