The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
j0ejure

Ducks next cup win by Kyle McKenna

Well, I found some good news for the Ducks.  Thought I share.  According to Kyle McKenna, Ducks will win a cup in two years.  

"The biggest key for the Ducks right now is that they’re deep down the middle of the ice with the likes of Getzlaf, Ryan Kesler, Adam Henrique and a fourth slot that’s flexible with a couple of other skaters on the team’s roster. Let’s not forget that John Gibson is arguably on the verge of blossoming into a top-tier netminder.

Gibson, 25, is fresh off of his first 30-win campaign (31-18-7) and his overall exposure during the regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs is invaluable.

The right mix of veterans and youth skaters are there, and so is the goaltender on the rise, but can the defense-core make serious strides forward this season? Another blockbuster trade is necessary for the upcoming campaign, but expect Anaheim to win the Stanley Cup in 2021."

https://fansided.com/2018/08/28/predicting-every-nhl-team-will-win-next-stanley-cup/

4 minutes ago, j0ejure said:

Well, I found some good news for the Ducks.  Thought I share.  According to Kyle McKenna, Ducks will win a cup in two years.  

"The biggest key for the Ducks right now is that they’re deep down the middle of the ice with the likes of Getzlaf, Ryan Kesler, Adam Henrique and a fourth slot that’s flexible with a couple of other skaters on the team’s roster. Let’s not forget that John Gibson is arguably on the verge of blossoming into a top-tier netminder.

Gibson, 25, is fresh off of his first 30-win campaign (31-18-7) and his overall exposure during the regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs is invaluable.

The right mix of veterans and youth skaters are there, and so is the goaltender on the rise, but can the defense-core make serious strides forward this season? Another blockbuster trade is necessary for the upcoming campaign, but expect Anaheim to win the Stanley Cup in 2021."

https://fansided.com/2018/08/28/predicting-every-nhl-team-will-win-next-stanley-cup/

Weird article....Kesler is hardly in our depth chart right now...and it has the Kings winning the Cup in 2019....so...I'm also thinking it's about a year old.

Lol yeah sounds old.  and Kesler? 😂 right now he's not even on the fourth line. 

All kidding aside, I expect Kesler to try to make a comeback. But we're not winning anything at the moment. This year my expectations are curbed. I'll be happy to see the kids make some noise. Hopefully Gibson will have a bounce back year and Getzlaf be a beast this year. I also think the rest of the team is giving a big sigh of relief from RC not coming back and it's going to show in their play. Can't wait for the season to start!

Oh and I hope kase returns for this season. 

First sentence of the article says “since the capitals won the cup back in June,” then I stopped reading. 

Great job posting a year old article. 

Just now, Jiggy2win said:

First sentence of the article says “since the capitals won the cup back in June,” then I stopped reading. 

The link itself says 2018/08/28 so I didn't even click on it. I'm just choosing to forget everything about the 2018-19 season prior to February 10, 2019.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

The link itself says 2018/08/28 so I didn't even click on it. I'm just choosing to forget everything about the 2018-19 season prior to February 10, 2019.

What? Why? I thought we were supposed to have a great season. After all we're going to win the cup soon. 

24 minutes ago, Jiggy2win said:

It took me a little longer to realize...lol....but I basically stopped reading as soon as I saw that the LA Kings were in a prime spot to win the cup in 2019....lol.....

It's about year old.  Kesler should be healthy in 2020. Not sure why people don't like an article that has the Ducks winning a cup, this should of been well received.  

If the Ducks can pick up two good defensemen in a year, who knows what could happen?!?!  I'm sure with Sutter on board, he will push for some good defensive play.  I'm looking forward to any interviews with Daryl Sutter, the guy is a word smith!!

image.png.f3dc350a3e51324a9c500381a6f651d0.png

7 minutes ago, j0ejure said:

It's about year old.  Kesler should be healthy in 2020. Not sure why people don't like an article that has the Ducks winning a cup, this should of been well received.  

If the Ducks can pick up two good defensemen in a year, who knows what could happen?!?!  I'm sure with Sutter on board, he will push for some good defensive play.  I'm looking forward to any interviews with Daryl Sutter, the guy is a word smith!!

image.png.f3dc350a3e51324a9c500381a6f651d0.png

I think it's just the credibility of the writer as an analyst is very much in question. I mean, last year he predicted the Kings would win the Cup in 2019....the Kings ended up 2nd to last place. Not exactly a good analysis. I'd rather be excited by more positive talk from more credible hockey analysts, but even more so, getting excited by things that are actually currently happening...not a very dated, old article by some guy who doesn't exactly seem to make good predictions from a year ago.

2 hours ago, j0ejure said:

Point well taken.  I haven't been following the Ducks to be honest, have any good news?

no.

9 minutes ago, Fisix said:

no.

Summarized it up quite succinctly. Cliff Notes: Utlra edition lol. It truly has been dead around here 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, j0ejure said:

Point well taken.  I haven't been following the Ducks to be honest, have any good news?

"no" is a bit of a simplification haha i'd say the good news right now is we have a lot of promising young players that are going to be getting a chance at the NHL level and could be seeing some of them take steps forward. And a brand new head coach. We have the best goaltending in the league and our D could be really solid, hoping their play last season was just a fluke.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, j0ejure said:

A Little too early to speculate.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck